Lymphadenitis

Related Terms: Tuberculosis, Black Stools, Enlarged Lymph Node, Lymphoma, Tuberculous Lymphadenitis, Blood Cancer, Bronchitis

Can numerous pericecal enlarged lymph nodes mean colon cancer?
Query: Hello doctor, I just want to start off by saying that I am a 24-year-old male. I have been diagnosed with IBS in the past, and for about a good seven months I have had stomach issues on and off. Nothing serious, no weight loss or any large amounts of blood in the stool. I had one CT scan the first ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. See as such mesenteric lymphadenitis does not directly represent colon cancer. It is very commonly seen post infection. So what we do is that we give antibiotics for seven days and later repeat an ultrasound abdomen after one month to check for the size of lymph nodes. ...  Read Full »

Can a whitish lump in throat be associated with post nasal drip?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a whitish lump at the back of my throat located on the posterior wall. I suffer badly from post nasal drip but not sure if this is related, doctors seem unsure and I am worried sick. Any input as to what this could be? Suffer from GERD, post nasal drip, have had blood at the back ...  Read Full »
Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern, it is most likely submucosal lymphadenitis of the posterior pharyngeal wall. This may develop secondary to chronic infection of the nose, paranasal sinuses, and throat. To confirm the diagnosis, you may go for MRI neck and FNAC from the lump. ...  Read Full »

Why is the lymph node in my throat swollen and painful?
Query: Hello doctor, My right lymph node on my throat is swollen and my throat hurts on the right side but is not scratchy. I have had this for four days with no other symptoms. I was recently on multiple antibiotics for a bacterial infection but am no longer on them. I am female, 19 years old, 115 lbs. O...  Read Full »
Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda
ENT Otolaryngologist, Allergy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The condition you are describing can be right side lymphadenitis. It most commonly presents with infection of the throat or upper respiratory tract infection. It subsided with minimal antibiotics, salt water gargling, antihistamines, and antacids. But the swelling can be ...  Read Full »

I have chest pains and a swollen lymph node under my jaw. What can it be?
Query: Hello doctor, I have irregular heartbeats, chest pain, and pain under the ribs on both the sides. It is not exactly like pain, but more of a discomfort. Sometimes, I get a short stabbing pain either on the left or the right side under my ribs, and it also feels something is moving or gets squeezed ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The probable causes are: Strep throat. Pharyngeal gonorrhea. Tuberculous lymphadenitis, etc. To come to a definite diagnosis, please consult a nearby physician. For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doct...  Read Full »

What can result in blood in stool with stomach pain in small children?
Query: Hi doctor, My son is 11 years old. His sonography impression shows the presence of sub-centric, nonnecrotic, pre and para-aortic mesenteric lymph nodes. He suffers from stomach pain and also has blood in stools. Currently, he is taking Mebex and Monocef. His WBC level is above the normal. Please ad...  Read Full »
Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mesenteric lymph node enlargement can be seen in children without a cause, and it is called as primary mesenteric lymphadenitis. In secondary causes, infections like tuberculosis or enteric fever or viral fever can also cause it. Blood in the stool can also occur due to...  Read Full »

Is my lymph node enlarged due to cancer?
Query: Hi doctor, I have left supraclavicular lymph node enlargement of around 1 cm in size over four months. I have body pain and occasional low back pain. I have pain in areas such as shoulder, right groin, hand under the elbow and sometimes feel difficulties in chest. Only one lymph node got enlarged. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your queries, my opinion is as follows: Lymph nodes in supraclavicular areas are usually due to infection from surrounding areas. Possibility for cancer is if it is enlarging or very hard or if there are other cancer in the body. Usually increasing size in ...  Read Full »

What is the rationale behind lymph node enlargement in my baby?
Query: Hello doctor, My 2-year 8-month-old son has a single lymph node enlargement which is movable around 1.5 cm. There are no other signs or symptoms. There is no sign of any infections. Should I be worried?  Read Full »
Dr. Simy Mathew
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Single lymph node has no significance if there are no associated infections. Maybe your child had some cold or minor infection around that area due to which the lymph nodes got enlarged. You should show a doctor when lymph node increases in size as it is becoming v...  Read Full »

Is the doctor correct in taking biopsy from only one area of lymph node?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old male. I have a neck swelling (lump in my neck) in the posterior triangle area for a few weeks. X-ray chest and USG whole abdomen are clear. I went to the doctor and done FNAC which showed reactive lymphoid hyperplasia and started Augmentin antibiotic and later Ceftu...  Read Full »
Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah
Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tuberculosis can present with single or multiple enlarged neck nodes. It is unlikely that one lymph node will be due to lymphoma and another due to tuberculosis. Your doctor did the right thing by taking a biopsy from one area of lymph node only. No need to take fro...  Read Full »

Being a non-alcoholic, is it possible to get liver issue?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22 year old female with the history of bronchitis. I was diagnosed with bronchitis at the age of 17 approximately. For five months, I had been facing breathing problem and now I have continuous pain in the right abdomen and occasionally on the left. I also have a type of sting l...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your breathing problem is due to bronchitis and sinusitis, which most of the time is due to allergy to cold, dust, pollen and pollution. Once the allergen is removed then your symptoms will improve. But, sometimes it can lead to infection in the lungs. You can carry out ...  Read Full »

I have pain below ribs on the left. What is causing it?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old male. Recently, I have been diagnosed with tubercular lymphadenitis and started the treatment three days back for TB. My USG whole abdomen reveals hemangioma of the liver. I have pain in left side below ribs which radiates to back and a couple of months back on CT s...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Rugae thickening by itself is not going to cause you stomach pain. Such thickening is usually normal or a result of hyperacidity, or rarely Menetrier disease. Now, first of all, you need an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy as well as a biopsy to rule our H.pylori in...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Lymphadenitis? We have medical experts to help you right away.