Medical Advice on "Magnesium"

Regarding your concern, I would explain that there are no interactions between Valproate and Orphenadrine or Magnesium. So, it is safe to take all these drugs concomitantly, as they do not interact with each other. Besides, both these drugs (Orphenadrine and … View thread »

Magnesium dependency looks unlikely. Magnesium, being a laxative, helped your pre-existing condition. The symptoms you have mentioned point towards IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). This is constipation-predominant IBS. In constipation-predominant IBS, you may develop … View thread »

First of all Mylanta (combination of Magnesium hydroxide, Aluminium hydroxide and Simethicone) is not prescribed for indigestion. It is for hyperacidity and burning sensation in your esophagus and stomach. It will not affect you. Do not worry. It will not harm you, but … View thread »

I can understand your concern. You are suffering from bipolar disorder and are on Magnesium Valproate and Amisulpride. The dose of Valproate is good and I hope you are stable with this dose. If your mood is stable and you are functioning normally at this dose, … View thread »

Your husband's tingling is most likely due to the long time effect of Topzole (Pantoprazole) which causes hypomagnesemia which is reduced magnesium in the blood which in turn causes tingling and also increases the chance of a heart attack. There is nothing to … View thread »

The most common reason for muscle cramps and leg pain is either dehydration or electrolyte abnormalities such as abnormally low levels of magnesium, calcium, sodium, or potassium. Without doing blood work, it is hard to say exactly but I would recommend drinking more … View thread »

Ginger is known to contain a few circulatory agents, which stimulate blood circulation to the scalp lead to hair growth and improve the thickness of hair. Fresh ginger roots are rich sources of certain minerals like magnesium, phosphorous, vitamins and potassium. These … View thread »

There are no special measures you have to take for the surgery. Just maintain a light and watery diet from a week before surgery. The two last days (especially the last one) you can take any laxatives such as magnesium sulfate to clean and empty your intestine so that … View thread »

You seem to have developed acid reflux following intake of food from outside. In such cases, I recommend the following: A combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone, once daily. ENO thrice daily in a glass of water. Syrup Pan MPS (Dimethicone, Aluminium and Magnesium … View thread »

I understand your concerns. From what you mentioned, most probably you have dyspepsia which is a problem due to abnormal gastric acid secretion. I suggest a trial of Pantoprazole 20 mg tablet once a day before breakfast for a month. Eat simple meals. Have Maalox … View thread »

Do you have a question on Magnesium? We have medical experts to help you right away.