Medical Advice on "Magnesium"

You are taking antioxidant EDTA (Ethylene diamine tetraacetic acid) for reducing calcium deposit in the artery and it is helpful in reducing blood pressure and cholesterol and preventing a heart attack. Now your vitamin C and magnesium levels dropped down because of … View thread »

Regarding your concern, I would explain that there are no interactions between Valproate and Orphenadrine or Magnesium. So, it is safe to take all these drugs concomitantly, as they do not interact with each other. Besides, both these drugs (Orphenadrine and … View thread »

Magnesium dependency looks unlikely. Magnesium, being a laxative, helped your pre-existing condition. The symptoms you have mentioned point towards IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). This is constipation-predominant IBS. In constipation-predominant IBS, you may develop … View thread »

First of all Mylanta (combination of Magnesium hydroxide, Aluminium hydroxide and Simethicone) is not prescribed for indigestion. It is for hyperacidity and burning sensation in your esophagus and stomach. It will not affect you. Do not worry. It will not harm you, but … View thread »

Cramps happen in cirrhotics due to nutritional insufficiency, mineral deficiency, mainly calcium and magnesium. My suggestions would be: Calcerol sachet (Vitamin D3 60000) once weekly for six weeks. Tablet Magnical (Magnesium with Calcium) twice daily for a month to … View thread »

I can understand your concern. You are suffering from bipolar disorder and are on Magnesium Valproate and Amisulpride. The dose of Valproate is good and I hope you are stable with this dose. If your mood is stable and you are functioning normally at this dose, … View thread »

Your husband's tingling is most likely due to the long time effect of Topzole (Pantoprazole) which causes hypomagnesemia which is reduced magnesium in the blood which in turn causes tingling and also increases the chance of a heart attack. There is nothing to worry … View thread »

The most common reason for muscle cramps and leg pain is either dehydration or electrolyte abnormalities such as abnormally low levels of magnesium, calcium, sodium, or potassium. Without doing blood work, it is hard to say exactly but I would recommend drinking more … View thread »

Ginger is known to contain a few circulatory agents, which stimulate blood circulation to the scalp lead to hair growth and improve the thickness of hair. Fresh ginger roots are rich sources of certain minerals like magnesium, phosphorous, vitamins and potassium. These … View thread »

Yes, flaxseeds have some nutrients that are good for hair growth. However, it is not the only food that promotes hair growth. Consumption of sprouts and nuts in general provides us many essential nutrients like protein, calcium, zinc, magnesium, iron, etc. You can take … View thread »

Do you have a question on Magnesium? We have medical experts to help you right away.