Malaria Vaccine

Related Terms: Fever, Typhiod Vaccine, Bacterial Contamination, Bacterial Infection, Benzathine Penicillin, Cephalosporin., Chemoprophylaxis

Are malaria and typhoid vaccines safe for a 9 month old baby?
Query: Dear Doctor, Is it safe for a 9 month baby to travel to the Dominican Republic? Also, is it safe for a 8-9 month old to take vaccines for malaria and typhoid?  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is safe to travel to Dominican Republic, but you need to care abut many issues. While traveling there are many issues related to health of your baby, example: he can get infection like malaria, typhoid, hepatitis A & E and varicella. So if you use prophylactic mea...  Read Full »

Do I need a booster for vaccines which I had in childhood?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a photographer and would likely venture into so many remote areas. I will obtain appropriate malaria prophylaxis before traveling to remote areas and have a large supply of DEET and Permethrin mosquito repellent. I want to be sure that I am up-to-date with all of my vaccines and that...  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. It is good that you have taken most of the essential vaccines. I would like to suggest you to take typhoid vaccine and pneumococcal vaccine As you have taken almost all the polio doses, I think th...  Read Full »

Throat pain while swallowing and fever
Query: Hello doctor, My mother has been having throat pain while swallowing and fever since last evening. She has been advised Clavam 625 twice for five days. Her fever has not gone below 100 and after about four hours of taking Dolo 650, it goes up to 102.5. So far, she has taken three doses of Clavam. Is...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is certainly possible to have such a fever and it is likely she has an upper respiratory tract infection. I think whatever she is receiving is fine. Antibiotics will take at least 48 hours to act and initially, the infection is viral. So, antibiotics may not...  Read Full »

Leptospirosis, a Bacterial Disease - Things You Need to Know
Article Overview: Leptospirosis is an important zoonotic disease, which is common in the post-monsoon season. If no timely intervention is provided, then it can endanger life.  Read Article »
Dr. Shinas Hussain A P
General Medicine Physician

Leptospirosis is caused by Leptospira bacteria, which is a member of the family called Spirochetes. It is so called because of its spiral shape. The disease can range from minor and symptomless form to a serious life threatening one, which can be fatal if left untreated. Epidemiology and Mode ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Malaria Vaccine? We have medical experts to help you right away.