Medical Advice on "Male Pattern Baldness"

Welcome to . I have read your query in detail and understood your concern. As far as Betamethasone dipropionate and Zinc sulphate lotion is concerned, it is mainly given for dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis and hair fall due to it. It has no effect on androgenetic hair loss. … View thread »

Unfortunately, the medicine that you have taken for the male pattern baldness does not work much in this condition. After certain limit, oil and tablets are useless. As you are young, hair transplant is the only way to get your hair back. You are a good choice for hair … View thread »

A person normally will lose 100 strands of hair daily. The problem of hair fall arises if the person loses more than 100 strands of hair which tends to make a visible scalp leading to androgenetic alopecia or male pattern baldness. The main culprit is the DHT- … View thread »

I have read your query and do understand your concern. Is the hair lost from the temple and vertex of the scalp? Is it diffuse hair fall? As you have said it is genetic, I am assuming it is male pattern baldness. But, photographic evaluation of the extent and … View thread »

Flaky scalp not responding to Noskurf (combination of Climbazole, Piroctone Olamine, Aminodermine, and almond oil) lotion may be scalp psoriasis and need steroid plus Salicylic acid 6 % combination lotion. The pain is due to hair root inflammation, which is commonly … View thread »

I have worked through your query and have understood your health issues. I have gone through the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I assure you not to worry. This is the most common disease of men at this age. It is actually the male pattern … View thread »

The treatment started by your doctor is fine. The only thing is that, the treatment for hair loss has to be followed for a long time and you need to be regular with your follow up visits. Regarding side effects, both these medications (Hair4U and biotin … View thread »

Before I can help you, please tell me the average number of hairs that fall for you in a day? Are you taking any sort of medications? Have you fallen sick in the past one year? Does your father or paternal uncles have baldness? Do you have dandruff? You can start with … View thread »

Yes, Finasteride sometimes causes erectile dysfunction - erection problem. If it occurs, then it is treatable. In my personal experience, I have seen a few men whose erectile dysfunction has become difficult to treat. Now, it is up to you if you would like to take the … View thread »

I have read your concern. Yes, you can go for PRP therapy (platelet-rich plasma). It is a good therapy for hair fall with excellent results. It basically activates platelet-derived growth factors, which are the key factors for hair growth. It is must to use Minoxidil 5% … View thread »

Do you have a question on Male Pattern Baldness? We have medical experts to help you right away.