Male Pattern Baldness

Related Terms: Minoxidil, Hair Loss, Hairfall, Finasteride, Androgenetic Alopecia, Biotin, Control Hair Loss

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from male pattern baldness along with dandruff. Because of dandruff, I keep on itching my scalp. I consulted a doctor, and she recommended me to use Betamethasone dipropionate and Zinc sulphate lotion along with Adgain capsule and a mild medicated shampoo. I used these prod...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello. Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and understood your concern. As far as Betamethasone dipropionate and Zinc sulphate lotion is concerned, it is mainly given for dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis and hair fall due to it. It has no effect on androgenetic hair loss. Si...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old single male. I have severe hair fall and I feel that I am going bald. You can see in the attached pictures. Around two years back, hair fall started and the volume reduced to half of my original hair. Now, I feel almost all hair has gone. I am taking antidepressant...  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Unfortunately, the medicine that you have taken for the male pattern baldness does not work much in this condition. After certain limit, oil and tablets are useless. As you are young, hair transplant is the only way to get your hair back. You are a good choice for hair t...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19 year old boy with extreme hair loss. Even at this age, my scalp is clearly visible. I tend to lose around 100 strands of hair daily. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Sudhir Kumar N

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A person normally will lose 100 strands of hair daily. The problem of hair fall arises if the person loses more than 100 strands of hair which tends to make a visible scalp leading to androgenetic alopecia or male pattern baldness. The main culprit is the DHT-dihydrote...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from hair loss. Now I am 50% bald. Some of my friends have regained their hair. My baldness is hereditary. I am also an alcoholic. I need some effective medication for hair regrowth.  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and do understand your concern. Is the hair lost from the temple and vertex of the scalp? Is it diffuse hair fall? As you have said it is genetic, I am assuming it is male pattern baldness. But, photographic evaluation of the extent and typ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old. For the past three months, I have mild hair fall. I lose around 2 to 10 hair after every shower. I have never had hair fall in the past. I also did a background check with my family history; none had any baldness even in the 70s. I fear this would be the result of mas...  Read Full »
Dr. Shalini Patodiya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Flaky scalp not responding to Noskurf (combination of Climbazole, Piroctone Olamine, Aminodermine, and almond oil) lotion may be scalp psoriasis and need steroid plus Salicylic acid 6 % combination lotion. The pain is due to hair root inflammation, which is commonly...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old male. My height is 155 cm and I weigh 63 kg. I am facing hair fall since one year. Now it is even more severe. Till last December I was having dandruff problem also, but after mundan (hair tonsuring), there is not much dandruff but hair fall has not stopped. Below...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have worked through your query and have understood your health issues. I have gone through the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I assure you not to worry. This is the most common disease of men at this age. It is actually the male pattern baldn...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I am suffering from hair loss for the past three to four years. I can see my hairline slowly receding from the forehead. I have been suggested Hair4U 10 % lotion and Biotin tablets. Do these drugs have any side effects on the body? Can I take Finasteride for h...  Read Full »
Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The treatment started by your doctor is fine. The only thing is that the treatment for hair loss has to be followed for a long time and you need to be regular with your follow up visits. Regarding side effects, both these medications (Hair4U and Biotin tablets) are pre...  Read Full »

Query: Hi, I am a 24 year old male. My problem is regular hair fall. How to control hair loss? Also I want to regrow it. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Before I can help you, please tell me the average number of hairs that fall for you in a day? Are you taking any sort of medications? Have you fallen sick in the past one year? Does your father or paternal uncles have baldness? Do you have dandruff? You can start with bio...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am 25 years old and have male pattern baldness. I have consulted a doctor and started taking a tablet that has Finasteride in it. I take a dose of 1 mg per day. I looked up on the internet and it has side effects such as the inability to keep an erection and loss of sexual interest. Doe...  Read Full »
Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, Finasteride sometimes causes erectile dysfunction - erection problem. If it occurs, then it is treatable. In my personal experience, I have seen a few men whose erectile dysfunction has become difficult to treat. Now, it is up to you if you would like to take the...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from scalp psoriasis and male pattern baldness grade 3A. Can I go for PRP treatment for hair fall control? I am presently using Finasteride, multivitamin and Minscalp F 5% solution.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern. Yes, you can go for PRP therapy (platelet-rich plasma). It is a good therapy for hair fall with excellent results. It basically activates platelet-derived growth factors, which are the key factors for hair growth. It is must to use Minoxidil 5% l...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Male Pattern Baldness? We have medical experts to help you right away.