Marks And Scars

Related Terms: Acne Scars, Chemical Peels, Acne, Laser, Benzoyl Peroxide, Management Of Acne Scars, Sunscreen

Developed with nodular acne on my left cheek. Is this prescription effective?
Query: Hello, I am a male, 24 years old. I have recently developed with nodular acne on my left cheek and visited a dermatologist. The doctor has prescribed the following for 15 days for pimples: Rejuglow face wash gel. Nilac ointment (twice daily). Minoz 50 tablet (once daily). He has asked me to come af...  Read Full »
Dr. Kalpana Pathak

Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. Acne treatment depends upon the type of acne lesions. From the treatment provided it seems, you are having pustular (pus filled) or papular (red raised bumps) lesions. In case of nodular acne, lesions are large nodules. For nodular acne we usually prescribe oral isot...  Read Full »

What can be done to clear acne marks due to pimples during periods?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old and I have a combination skin type. I have minimal breakouts basically during my periods but these pimples leave a lot of marks. Please suggest me a tablet or a treatment on how to remove these marks. Also, I do not want to take any medicines containing steroids or ap...  Read Full »
Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. First, you need to understand acne is common and you may experience frequent exacerbation due to stress or periods as you already told. Moreover, steroids should never be used in acne skin. In fact, this aggravates acne. Please apply Clind...  Read Full »

Will scar revision work give me a virtually invisible scar?
Query: Hi doctor,I have been bitten by a dog three months ago. I have multiple scars but the worst one is above the upper lip. Unfortunately, I went to a dermatologist recommended by family and he insisted to apply Yag Laser at 55 days post-bite. I asked if it was not too soon but he said it was harmless a...  Read Full »
Dr. Pavan N Murdeshwar
Cosmetologist, General Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, sorry for the unfortunate events you are going through. I have seen your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The first scar was definitely a small linear one which could have been corrected by few non-interventional methods than t...  Read Full »

I burned myself with a curling iron. Will it leave a scar?
Query: Hello doctor,I burned myself with a curling iron. It did not appear bad at first but a scab is forming. Will the burn leave a scar?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the clinical images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears to be a superficial burn but there is a risk of a superficial scar. It will not be very prominent and can go with time as you grow. I suggest you apply some ointment...  Read Full »

I think my issues are because of botched circumcision. What are my treatment options?
Query: Hello doctor,All my life, I have struggled with several problems that, after stumbling on a post online, I am now fairly certain are the result of a botched circumcision. My scar is very near my glans, with an unsightly blemish near the center. My erections pull my skin and testicles very tight, and...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. I have seen the images sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, you have a circumcision scar which is different in color and appearance. As far as the position is concerned, it is near the normal place as...  Read Full »

What treatment can be had for scratch marks in a 4-year-old?
Query: Hello doctor, My daughter who is 4 years old had got a scratch mark three months ago. It has left a brown mark. It is a little white in the middle. Is it a scar? Will it go away soon? I have attached few images for your reference.  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). She has some postinflammatory pigmentary changes at the site of the trauma, that is hyperpigmentation and hypopigmentation. However, there is nothing to worry as t...  Read Full »

The scar on my lip is spoiling my smile. Do I need any surgical treatment?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been hit by a leather ball two months ago and because of that, a hard scar has been formed on my lip. It spoils my smile. Swelling is also there. I am currently on Hexilak Gel. How else can I be treated?  Read Full »
Dr. Manish Jain
Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It takes about at least one year for the scar to mature. Until then, the scar will be hard and it undergoes various stages. The treatment is good. Kindly provide images for further care. For more information consult a plastic surgeon online --> https://www.icl...  Read Full »

Are derma rollers really effective for scars?
Query: Hello doctor, I have heard good things and bad things about derma rollers. My question is, are they good for scars? Will they actually help? Also, can I use them myself? Or is it better to get it done by a professional?  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Derma rollers are good for certain types of acne scars like rolling type of acne scars (smooth edges of scar). It is not useful for icepick scars and box car type of acne scars. The professional use is usually with a needle length 1.5 mm and higher (4mm). Self-use is r...  Read Full »

What should I use to avoid chickenpox scars?
Query: Hi doctor, My chickenpox started seven days back. The fever has subsided now. I had been taking: Azithromycin, Acivir 400 DT, Cetzine, vitamin E capsule and, applying Calamine only on spots. A few spots are getting covered with a crust. What should I use at this stage to avoid scars? Looking at t...  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chickenpox takes around two weeks to get scabbed off. Since as per your query, if it already formed a crust, then now it will scab off soon. Do not touch it or scratch it. Otherwise, there will be high chances for scars on the face. The treatment you were taking is...  Read Full »

What are the treatments available to remove scars permanently?
Query: Hello doctor, I met with an accident one and a half years ago. I was severely injured but got cured. The problem now is the scars are raised and there is no hair growth in that area. The scar is just below my nose. What are the treatments available to remove scars completely? I have attached a pi...  Read Full »
Dr. Arvind Guru
General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and seen your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Hair will never grow back in the scarred area. So, the easiest thing would be to shave the mustache completely. If you do not want to shave, you will need to undergo a scar ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Marks And Scars? We have medical experts to help you right away.