Meal Plan

Related Terms: Pantoprazole, Diet Plan, Balanced Diet, Exercises, Reduce Weight, Diet And Lifestyle, Gastritis, Diet Chart

Please suggest a meal plan for my mother based on her recent reports.
Query: Hello doctor, My 59 year old mother is under treatment for hypothyroidism, hypertension, and osteoarthritis of knee joints along with a mild iron deficiency anemia. With the help of medications, TSH (3.15), BP (120/72) and FBS (89) are currently stable, although she used to get symptoms like reeling...  Read Full »
Dr. Durga Kumari
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw her reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). All her numbers are alright, except few which are in the borderline. But, no need to worry about it. Her diet should be perfectly balanced according to the climate. Also, exercise and yoga play a signi...  Read Full »

Can you give me a custom meal plan for weight gain?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male, slightly underweight for my height. I believe I eat enough to satiate my appetite but, I still do not gain weight. The quality of my food is good too but, I am just worried about the distribution of nutrients, that is if I am taking a balanced diet or not. I a...  Read Full »
Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you are into hypertensive medication, you are bound to face some weight issues. Take four small meals per day. Never starve yourself. Try to include a lot of milk and dairy products in your diet. Breakfast should be heavy with sandwiches or milk and oats or fruits l...  Read Full »

Kindly advise a diet to lower cholesterol.
Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. I just found out that I have high cholesterol. My doctors advised me to change my diet. But, they did not give any suggestions other than to avoid fast food and fatty food. My issue is that my diet option is already limited due to my food allergies (strawberries, melons...  Read Full »
Dr. Swapan Banerjee
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First thing is that you should take medicines for high cholesterol and Crohn's disease. Also your BMI - body mass index is high which tends to obesity. Now your diet for two months under observation should be bland diet. A bland diet is a diet consisting of foods...  Read Full »

Healthy Travel Tips You Absolutely Need
Article Overview: Following are a few tips for you to be able to maintain your weight during your holiday travel.  Read Article »
Dr. Krystel Quadros
Wellness Medicine Specialist

Carry a bottle of mineral water with you so that you keep sipping some fluid and remain hydrated all day. Carry fruits such as apple, pear, orange, strawberries for a healthy mid-morning snack and dry fruits at 4 PM with green tea. Carry some dry snacks like legumes, roasted soy nuts, pu ...  Read Article »

What foods can my wife take to improve fertility?
Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 24 years old and her height is 4'10" and weight is 61 kg. She is a bit overweight and also has PCOD problem. We got married 2 years back and she cannot get pregnant. Please send the diet chart to reduce her weight. What are all the foods that she can take to improve ferti...  Read Full »
Dr. Swapan Banerjee
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome back to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. From your information, I got to know that she is obese. She needs to reduce approximately 6 kg. It is too much weight for her height but no worry she can reduce it by diet and some exercises. She needs very low calorie diet of about 1200 kil...  Read Full »

Can you suggest a vegetarian diet plan for getting a healthy and fit body?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a pure vegetarian. I have been hitting the gym on a regular basis during morning hours. I could feel the change in me but not the kind of lean body which I am looking for. I am a foodie and I love to eat everything which is vegetarian. Lots of fat is accumulated in my face and st...  Read Full »
Dr. Shilpa Devanhalli

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your current height and weight, your BMI (body mass index) is in the normal category. In order to give you a personalized diet plan, I need more information about: Your current diet and fitness goals. Also, can you provide me your report - body fat perce...  Read Full »

To avoid diabetes during pregnancy, what diet should have to follow?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 weeks pregnant. This weekend I had my glucose tolerance test (3 hours) and on which I failed badly. My fasting numbers were 172, 325 and 318. I know they are bad, but my doctor never told me to follow a strict diet of three to five days prior to the test. In my pregnancy, I ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from gestational diabetes mellitus without any doubt. As per IADPSG criteria (International Association of Diabetes and Pregnancy Study Group) and DIPSI criteria (The Diabetes and Pregnancy Study Group India) both makes you overt diabetic. T...  Read Full »

Hypertension - How Aware Are You?
Article Overview: This simple quiz tests your knowledge and teaches you hypertension facts.  Read Article »
Dr. Saumya Mittal

Please check the answer key and get to know how much you know about hypertension based on your score. 0-3: You need to learn more 3-6: A little more knowledge is good for health > 6: Keep updating yourself Question 1: Hypertensive patients should avoid exercise a) True b) False Answer: ...  Read Article »

Myths and Facts About Hypertension or High Blood Pressure
Article Overview: This articles speaks about blood pressure and various misconceptions around it.  Read Article »
Dr. Saumya Mittal

What Is Blood Pressure? Normally, when your heart beats, the blood is pumped out of the heart to course through the vessels and spread all over your body. The blood pushed out by the heart in turn pushes against the sides of the blood vessels. The push of blood in the vessel causes a pressure on ...  Read Article »

I have an issue with portion control. How to correct overeating?
Query: Hi doctor, I am taking consciously healthy, and a vegetarian diet with my partner. But, I have an issue with portion control. When I was growing up, food was not always available to me. So, when I had food, I ate a lot, and that habit has followed me into my adult life too. I am curious to retrain ...  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Portion control is very important to maintain a healthy body. If you have trouble in controlling portions, try to follow the following tips: Have a full glass of water or one cucumber before each meal. It helps to fill up your part of the stomach. So, you are unable to e...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Meal Plan? We have medical experts to help you right away.