Memory Problems

Related Terms: Depression, Anxiety, Stress, Memory Loss, Mri Of Brain, Cognitive Difficulty, Exercises

Can long term use of Lamotrigine cause dementia?
Query: Hello doctor, I took Lamotrigine for six years at around 300 to 600 mg I think. I have been off it and unmedicated for depression and anxiety for the last 5 to 6 years roughly besides some Xanax that I used three years ago. I am a 25-year-old male and have been having small memory lapses lately but ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you mentioned that you are suffering from depression and was always undermedicated, in depression, it is common to have a disturbance of memory and attention which lead to forgetfulness. These memory issues are most probably due to depression itself and not due to La...  Read Full »

Which neurological disorder causes memory problems and confusion?
Query: Hi doctor, I feel really spaced out and detached from my surroundings. It is like I am in a dream. It is like there is a glass between me and the world and everything just seems really surreal and far away. I also have a lot of brain fog. Some memory problems and confusion. I feel like this all day ...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. From the available description, it appears that you are having derealization episodes, which is a sensation of changed reality or that one's surroundings have altered. It is usually seen in schizophrenia, panic attacks, and ...  Read Full »

Can MTHFR mutation cause memory problem?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old. I have memory problem since I was a boy. I think it may be genetic as my mother also has the same problem. But my mother is not so worse, like me. Three weeks ago, I have started taking ayurveda medicine Mentat for memory my memory issues. All was well for about three w...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Day-to-day forgetfulness can be seen in normal individuals too. Distraction due to day-to-day stress, depressed mood, poor nutrition, etc., can lead to memory problems. If you have feelings that your memory is getting worsened, then you should go for mini mental status...  Read Full »

I have lack of concentration, memory problems and negative thoughts. Please help
Query: Hello doctor, I have symptoms related to the mind and body. I have no clarity in thinking. I cannot make any decisions. Even if I do, the moment I make the decision, I get negative thoughts and a sudden jerk in my mind with a sensation of fear. Also, I have on and off memory issues. It appears fine ...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.I read your query with keen interest and understand your concerns. Regarding the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I like to comment on the following things. Your vitamin B12 deficiency is corrected. There is excessive vitamin B12 in yo...  Read Full »

How to overcome insomnia and memory problems?
Query: Hi doctor, For the past three months I have been suffering from worsening insomnia. I fall asleep with great difficulty. I used to get a light fragmented sleep, where I wake up several times and have many dreams. In fact do not even know if I have fallen asleep or not. I just know that time has pass...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaint. From what you have mentioned, it seems that you may be suffering from anxiety or stress related disorders. The symptoms that points towards anxiety or stress related disorders include tremors, twitching, sweating, insomnia, tiredness an...  Read Full »

I had an MRI for my memory problem. Do you see any abnormalities in it?
Query: Hello doctor, I made an MRI of my head two years ago for a memory problem and headache and constant nausea at that time. Please have a look at it. My query is if there is any abnormality like atrophy, lesion or vascular problem. Kindly note that I already know about the sinus polyp.  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the files (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is a mucosal polyp in the right maxillary sinus which you are already aware of. There is no obvious brain lesion, not even atrophy in the images uploaded by you. It will help to know if you h...  Read Full »

Please get a solution for my memory problem.
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from memory problem. I am in 12th grade now. My aim is to get into MBBS. But, I do not remember anything that I learnt in 11th grade. I do not even remember what I studied a week before. Please get me a solution.  Read Full »
Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You mentioned that you have memory problem, because you are unable to recall the stuff you learnt a year or week ago. First be clear that it is pretty much normal. You are unable to recall learned material with the same lines and words. However, when we do learn we recomm...  Read Full »

What if my ability to remember things is temporarily stunted?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a question regarding memory. What if my ability to remember things is temporarily stunted? For example, if I eat too much junk food or go through depression, which I have heard inhibits memory recall, when I am back to normal, will the things I tried to remember be just as clea...  Read Full »
Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your question is very non-specific. Eating junk food does not cause memory problems. And in depression, it is not a true memory loss, but a state of false forgetfulness called pseudodementia. There is a term called transient global amnesia, which can occur due to many ca...  Read Full »

I feel weird after smoking marijuana. Why?
Query: Hi doctor,I smoked marijuana the day before yesterday night. I was all right in the morning. When I went to college, I felt strange to my hands (especially left hand) and both the legs. But, in the noon it disappeared. When I smoked in the noon, that strange feeling came back to me again. From that ...  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you have mentioned here are the short term side effects of marijuana. Short term memory problems, fear, panic, hallucinations, anxiety, strange behavior, increased heart rate and many other psychological symptoms are all symptoms of having marijuana. If yo...  Read Full »

My dad has age-related diffuse cerebral atrophy. Will he forget everything, even me?
Query: Hello doctor, Recently, a doctor said to my father that he has got age-related diffuse cerebral atrophy and it will affect the memory. Please explain what it is. Will he forget everything, even me? His age is 59. I am very frightened.  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your concern, I would explain that your father's symptoms and MRI findings are indicative of dementia or Alzheimer's disease. This is a progressive disorder with progressive memory problems. Unfortunately, there is no cure, but there are some drugs which c...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Memory Problems? We have medical experts to help you right away.