Meningocele

Related Terms: Meningitis, Disodium Hydrogen Citrate, Encephalocele, Folic Acid, Genetic Inheritance, Hydrocephalus, Myelomeningocele

Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus
Article Overview: This article discusses in detail the causes and treatment of neural tube defects.  Read Article »
Dr. Tony Magana
Neuro Surgeon

What is Spina Bifida? Spina bifida is a condition resulting from the malformation of the brain, skull, spinal cord, and spine to varying degrees that occurs within the first month after conception (pregnancy).   Causes of Neural Tube Defects: The embryonic tissues which will later specialize ...  Read Article »

Is frequent urination after intercourse normal?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old female who has had meningomyelocele (spina bifida) since birth. I suffer from scoliosis of the spine, paralysis of the lower limbs and valgus of the feet. My bladder and bowel control had always been exceptionally good in spite of my condition. Before 12 days, I had se...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please relax and do not worry. I will explain you everything in detail. Meningomyelocele (incomplete spinal canal at birth) is a condition that commonly affects bladder and bowel function. Since you do not have any problem with bladder and bowel function since childhoo...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Meningocele? We have medical experts to help you right away.