Meniscal Tear

Related Terms: Pantoprazole, Constipation, Acid Reflux, Anxiety, High Fibre Diet, Mri, Colonoscopy, Irritable Bowel Syndrome

How to manage a tear in the knee joint?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a small tear in the knee joint, but the doctor advised me for arthroscopy. How to manage this problem? Please suggest.  Read Full »
Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are telling me about a meniscal tear in the knee joint, then a grade 1 and grade 2 tears of the meniscus can be managed with physiotherapy alone. Grade 3 tear will require an arthroscopic trimming of the meniscus or else your pain and swelling will keep coming back...  Read Full »

Why is there knee pain in a football player?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old, medically fit. I play football a lot. Recently, I started to have pain in my left knee, there is a pain when I sit on the ground (on bending) and I feel it is crusty when I try to open it. Also there is pain on resistance to movement.  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns. Knee joint consists of two bones that are femur and tibia. In between these bones, a few structures are present which provide stability to the joint and make the joint strong....  Read Full »

Kindly explain MRI taken for soreness of anterior knee.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old male, weight around 78 kg and have been having soreness on my left anterior knee for the last three to four months (not an accident or anything just started getting sore). I finally got an MRI and was told the following (but I do not really understand the terminolog...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me explain the report findings in simple words. The ACL and PCL are intact. The anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments are important to provide stability to the knee and are frequently injured due to trauma. Your ACL and PLC are normal. The medial and lateral men...  Read Full »

What can be the reason for lack of sleep and weight gain?
Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 60 years old. She recently got her tests done. She is not able to sleep properly. She is unable to regain her sleep if she wakes up during the night. Can you please go through the reports and let me know what the actual problem is? I am attaching a copy of the test resul...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). She has a urine infection that can be well treated by the antibiotics mentioned in the culture report. Her problem of sleeplessness is unrelated to any of these test reports. Sh...  Read Full »

Why do I hear clicking sound only when I twist my knee?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old and a triathlete. 3 months ago, I suffered from knee pain. Doctor checked McMurray test, and Apley grind test result was negative. Only when I twist (rotate) my knee I hear some clicking or popping sound. I took MRI and the result was shown anterior torn of lateral...  Read Full »
Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for giving me an opportunity to assist you. It looks like you injured your knee three months ago during an athletic activity, and have been having some mechanical symptoms of clicking and popping since then. Since the knee pain has come down, it is likely tha...  Read Full »

Is Surgery The Only Option For Knee Buckling?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old male. I have been having knee buckling problem for some time. The problem started in the right knee about four years back and since then I have stopped sports. However, at times during some movement or jerk, I get this buckling problem and pain for two to three day...  Read Full »
Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and the reports attached here (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is a cruciate ligament injury along with meniscal injury and you also have symptoms related to it. So, surgery is indicated in your case. It will not set...  Read Full »

What does my knee MRI actually mean?
Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I slipped from the bike and hurt my right knee. Though it is causing less pain during normal walk, it is hurting a lot while walking on stairs. I visited an orthopedic surgeon and he told me to take an MRI. The MRI report is as follows. Impression: Grade 3 tear involving the po...  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would have been ideal if you had posted your MRI films for me to see as without them I can only comment and answer your questions with limited knowledge of your condition. Cysts are not an immediate result of trauma. They develop over time and may have preceded trau...  Read Full »

Why do I have knee pain after meniscus surgery?
Query: Hi doctor, I had meniscus surgery before two and a half weeks. Still there is a kind of swelling around my knee. I feel little pain outside the knee and also there is still a cracky noise when I bend. Why?  Read Full »
Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Meniscal injury leads to swelling and pain in the knee joint, so apply ice packs. Use hinged knee brace throughout the day remove it only at night. Apply a crepe bandage of 6 inches below the hinged knee brace from the toe to the mid thigh. Take any over-the-counter avai...  Read Full »

Can my twisted knee cause any ligament or meniscus tear?
Query: Hello doctor, I was playing football yesterday, and as I stretched for the ball, my right leg which was in the air got caught at the end of my foot causing my foot to go outwards and my knee to twist. I continued to play, but my knee felt unstable, and I could sometimes feel a sharp pain on the in...  Read Full »
Dr. Krishna Sunil Shah
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know if there was a swelling around the knee joint and was there any click sound while twisting your knee? I would recommend you to give complete rest to your knee and do ice pack three to four times a day for 15 to 20 minutes each time and see if you f...  Read Full »

Kindly give your suggestion about my knee pain.
Query: Hi doctor, I am 31 years old. My body weight is 72 kg and height is 5'8". I have a pain just behind the knee for the last five months and I feel it while standing from sitting position. If I sit on legs, then I feel stiffness in the back of the knee. Also, I cannot stand properly for more than a few...  Read Full »
Dr. Biswajit Das

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history the problem has been long standing for around five months or more. I advise you to visit a nearest physiotherapist to start and continue knee physiotherapy. Abstain from sporting activity for a few weeks. If after around 4 to 6 weeks your symptoms do ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Meniscal Tear? We have medical experts to help you right away.