Meniscus

Related Terms: Meniscal Tear, Mri, Physiotherapy, Ice Pack, Knee Pain, Knee Swelling, Osteoarthritis Of Knee

Why do I have knee pain after meniscus surgery?
Query: Hi doctor, I had meniscus surgery before two and a half weeks. Still there is a kind of swelling around my knee. I feel little pain outside the knee and also there is still a cracky noise when I bend. Why?  Read Full »
Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Meniscal injury leads to swelling and pain in the knee joint, so apply ice packs. Use hinged knee brace throughout the day remove it only at night. Apply a crepe bandage of 6 inches below the hinged knee brace from the toe to the mid thigh. Take any over-the-counter avai...  Read Full »

Can my twisted knee cause any ligament or meniscus tear?
Query: Hello doctor, I was playing football yesterday, and as I stretched for the ball, my right leg which was in the air got caught at the end of my foot causing my foot to go outwards and my knee to twist. I continued to play, but my knee felt unstable, and I could sometimes feel a sharp pain on the in...  Read Full »
Dr. Krishna Sunil Shah
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know if there was a swelling around the knee joint and was there any click sound while twisting your knee? I would recommend you to give complete rest to your knee and do ice pack three to four times a day for 15 to 20 minutes each time and see if you f...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have swelling in knee after four months of ACL meniscus surgery?
Query: Hi doctor, I had an ACL meniscus repair surgery four months ago. I still have some swelling in my knee and still feel weakness in my leg. Is that normal? Can I run now? What to do?  Read Full »
Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The knee swelling can even persist till six months after surgery, the more physiotherapy you do and the earlier you achieve full range of movements of the knee, the better it is and faster the swelling will reduce. Weakness can be overcome by physiotherapy again to s...  Read Full »

How to manage a tear in the knee joint?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a small tear in the knee joint, but the doctor advised me for arthroscopy. How to manage this problem? Please suggest.  Read Full »
Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are telling me about a meniscal tear in the knee joint, then a grade 1 and grade 2 tears of the meniscus can be managed with physiotherapy alone. Grade 3 tear will require an arthroscopic trimming of the meniscus or else your pain and swelling will keep coming back...  Read Full »

My son gets popping sound in knee. Does his MRI indicate any need for surgery?
Query: Hi doctor, My son aged 7 has a snapping sound from the left knee lately without complaining of any pain. He had an MRI done for his left knee. The MRI opinion is as follows: There is a discoid lateral meniscus, significant swelling of the posterior horn of the lateral meniscus and intrameniscal abno...  Read Full »
Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern regarding surgical management and also, because of the fact there is no pain. Surgical management is indicated in case of symptomatic discoid meniscus and a popping or snapping sound is an indication for surgery. It can be managed by arthrosco...  Read Full »

I have shoulder pain after playing squash. How can I get relief?
Query: Hello doctor,I have shoulder pain possibly from playing squash. Please view my reports.  Read Full »
Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Shoulder pain can be a result of injury or disease of the shoulder joint. An injury can affect any of the ligaments, bursae, or tendons surrounding the shoulder joint. The injury can also affect the ligaments, cartilage, menisci, and bones of the joint. I suggest you p...  Read Full »

How can knee pain be prevented?
Query: Hello doctor, There is dull knee pain while standing and walking for one month. What can be the cause of this?  Read Full »
Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Knee pain is a common complaint that affects people of all ages. Knee pain may be the result of an injury or some other medical conditions including arthritis, patellar tendinitis, ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) injury, knee bursitis, torn meniscus, gout, and infe...  Read Full »

Kindly explain MRI taken for soreness of anterior knee.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old male, weight around 78 kg and have been having soreness on my left anterior knee for the last three to four months (not an accident or anything just started getting sore). I finally got an MRI and was told the following (but I do not really understand the terminolog...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me explain the report findings in simple words. The ACL and PCL are intact. The anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments are important to provide stability to the knee and are frequently injured due to trauma. Your ACL and PLC are normal. The medial and lateral men...  Read Full »

I have dry eyes after a LASIK surgery. Is there some medication I can try?
Query: Hi doctor,About two years ago, I did LASIK surgery to correct short-sightedness. I recovered from it and have a normal vision now. The trouble note is my eyes gets dry soon. And sometimes when I wake up I cannot even open my eyes as it is too dry and I need to keep it closed until it waters which ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry, but there is no permanent treatment or cure for dry eyes, but yes with treatment, your life will become comfortable. To treat dry eyes, we need to find the type and severity of dry eyes. The type of dry eyes is established by the clinical examination of the...  Read Full »

Why is there knee pain in a football player?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old, medically fit. I play football a lot. Recently, I started to have pain in my left knee, there is a pain when I sit on the ground (on bending) and I feel it is crusty when I try to open it. Also there is pain on resistance to movement.  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns. Knee joint consists of two bones that are femur and tibia. In between these bones, a few structures are present which provide stability to the joint and make the joint strong....  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Meniscus? We have medical experts to help you right away.