Menstrual Cycle

Related Terms: Unprotected Sex, Emergency Contraceptive Pill, Ovulation, Menstrual Irregularity, Emergency Contraception, Beta Hcg, I-pill

Can menstrual cycle affect diabetes blood work?
Query: Hi doctor, I had my blood work recently for diabetes. During that time, I was in my first day of menstrual cycle. Will that affect my results by anyway? I had glucose test with 12 hours fasting.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, blood results of sugars are not affected by normal physiological changes in the body. The menstrual period is a physiological stress on the body. If your body is producing normal levels of Insulin to control the sugars, then it will go ahead with normal production....  Read Full »

I had two menstrual cycles in one month. Is it something serious?
Query: Hello doctor, I had two menstrual cycles in one month, two weeks apart. I have not had an intercourse for two months. Should I be concerned?  Read Full »
Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Frequent periods could be bothersome and can be due to hormonal problems or anovulation. Also, local causes need to be ruled out for which you need to visit a gynecologist for an examination. I suggest you check for your prolactin levels, thyroid function test, and u...  Read Full »

Tackling the Time Of Menstrual Cycle Every Month
Article Overview: Abdominal pain during periods is a very common issue affecting women.Adhering to a healthy lifestyle i.e balanced diet, physical activity,mental relaxation etc improves the ability to cope with pain.Pain killers can be taken as advised by your gynaecologist.  Read Article »
Dr. Gowrimeena

Abdominal Pain: Abdominal pain during periods is a very common issue affecting 40-70% of women in the reproductive age group. In medical terms we call this as dysmenorrhoea. This is associated with significant psychological, physical, behavioral and social distress. Usually it starts at the onset ...  Read Article »

Having PCOS, How to regularize the menstrual cycle?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old. I am really worried and fed up with my fat thighs and hips. As I am suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and I used to miss my menses. Now, my menstruation is regular. But, whenever I skip physical exercise I am sure that I will miss my menses. I think these all...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you are a case of PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome), which brings obesity and insulin resistance along with it. Consult a doctor for medical advice to lose weight and improve insulin resistance to allow regular menses to occur. Also it is important to maintain hea...  Read Full »

Can I-pill mess up menstrual cycle?
Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex two days before my periods due date and consumed an I-pill within 24 hours. Now my period is five days late. I have tested using a home pregnancy kit and the result was negative. I am getting a clear vaginal discharge. What are the chances of me being pregnant? Shoul...  Read Full »
Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B
Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Two days before your periods is a safe period. There is no need of an I-pill (contraceptive pill) too. You can wait for normal periods to come. The delay is because of I-pill only.  For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologi...  Read Full »

I am 10 days late on menstrual cycle but negative for pregnancy. Please advise.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old female. I have bloated sore breasts, 10 days late on the menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, appendectomy on the 20th.  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Near menses or missed periods can give signs of bloated breasts, the fullness of abdomen, mood variations due to hormones. Have serum beta hCG (blood pregnancy test) to clear the status of pregnancy. If pregnancy test comes negative, you can have menstrual induction by...  Read Full »

Why do I have hyperpigmentation with irregular menstrual cycle?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old female. I have two babies through C-section. I have hyperpigmentation on my face with the irregular menstrual system.  Read Full »
Dr. Kiran Anaparthi
HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hyperpigmentation with irregular cycles mostly follows hyperandrogenism. It may occur due to PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease) and CAH (congenital adrenal hyperplasia). Do you have excess hair growth on the face? And the hair is being coarse, with dark hair? Hyperpigmen...  Read Full »

Since we started trying to conceive, my menstrual cycle has gotten longer. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old female, and we are trying to conceive from the last six months, but so far no luck. But, I have noticed a change in my menstrual cycle, it used to be very regular and last for 28 days. But, since we started trying for a baby, my menstrual cycle has gotten longer (35 to...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me start on a positive note, a young lady of 25 years, whose gynecologist says there is no problem, means she has very high chances of pregnancy. The right time for pregnancy is from 19 to 35 years. Kindly see if the following checklist of investigations has been done...  Read Full »

How to find the ovulation in irregular menstrual cycle?
Query: Hi doctor, I have irregular periods. Should I use ovulation test every day? Also, how to increase cervical mucus? Is it always visible?  Read Full »
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hi, Welcome back to icliniq.com. No need to check ovulation daily. Just try to regularize your cycle of treatment in a proper way. Let me know the details. An irregular cycle means indirectly you are not ovulating properly or not at all. The mucus produced at the time of ovulation as well as before ...  Read Full »

Would I be pregnant if I had sex one day after my menstrual cycle ended?
Query: Hello doctor,My boyfriend and I had sex for the second time two days back which is one day after my cycle ends. We used a condom for protection. I have some pain in my vaginal area. I am currently using Lox jelly for pain relief. Will I be pregnant? Also, my boyfriend ejaculated on time. Pleas...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not see any chance for you to get pregnant. Usually, the ovulation will occur only around the 12th to the 16th day of periods. Life of the egg is 24 hours and that of the sperm is 72 hours. There is no chance of the egg being available on the 8th day of the peri...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Menstrual Cycle? We have medical experts to help you right away.