Mental Health

Related Terms: Depression, Anxiety, Dental Scaling, Oral Hygiene Maintenance, Stress, Meditation, Tooth Decay

Mental Health Aspects of Organ Transplantation
Article Overview: Nowadays, organ transplantation is on the rise. At the same time, mental health issues among the recipients and donors also pose newer threats. They should be addressed effectively to get a better outcome and this has been discussed in this article.  Read Article »
Dr. Shivanand B Hiremath
Psychologist Counsellor

Advancement in the organ transplantation field and awareness about organ donation has increased the rate of organ transplantation in the last decade. It has given new hope for the patients suffering from end-stage organ diseases. At the same time, it has also given rise to unique problems along with ...  Read Article »

Mental Health and Disease
Article Overview: Mental health is as important as physical health. a sound body has sound mind and vice versa. there are some common mental health problems and some are serious problems  Read Article »
Dr. Vandana Patidar

Mental health As per the World Health Organization, health is the state of complete mental, physical, social and spiritual well-being, and not merely the absence of illness. Mental health is the health of our mind. The mind is an organ of our body just like the heart, liver, kidney, etc. We may a ...  Read Article »

Introduction to Mental Health Primary Care
Article Overview: In a country like ours where access to basic primary health care resources is still very poor, in such a scenario expert mental health services are very difficult to provide. Promotion of awareness then becomes increasingly necessary in such situations.  Read Article »
Dr. Ravi M Soni

The reason behind giving first aid is to give initial treatment before the patient is able to receive adequate medical attention at higher centers. The same is true in case of mental health first aid. The mental health first aid is given to a person having some mental illness or mental health crisi ...  Read Article »

An Insight into Mental Health
Article Overview: There is an urgent need in many countries to increase the awareness regarding mental health. The most important task now is to make people understand the concept of mental health correctly and learn how to deal with it and get better.  Read Article »
Dr. Ashish Khandelwal

A 23-year-old boy, working at a private institution had gradually reduced his interactions with family and friends. He started becoming irregular at work. He used to lie down in his room during the day and not talk to anybody. One day, he was found hanging from his ceiling fan. There was a 20-year- ...  Read Article »

How does diet help in mental health conditions?
Query: Hi doctor, How does diet help in mental health conditions such as depression and anxiety? I would like to discuss the success of incorporating diet in mental health treatment.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Some research studies prove the role of diet in mental disorder mainly mood disorders like depression and anxiety disorders. In general, diets rich in proteins especially aromatic amino acid proteins, complex carbohydrates and low fats help to improve serotonergic neurot...  Read Full »

Headache, memory problem and other symptoms affecting my mental health. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36-year-old male. I suffer from severe fatigue, unexplained weight gain, headache, sleeplessness, cognitive dysfunction, with reduced sex drive for the past three years. I have a blurry vision too. I have gone to many doctors. But, I am not feeling healthy. My testosterone ranges ...  Read Full »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the query and the test results thoroughly (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have depression. Having depression with moderate to severe degrees result in having all these symptoms. So, it would be helpful to know if these symptoms ...  Read Full »

... ... …

Read Full »

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): Reliving the Trauma
Article Overview: PTSD is a mental health condition where the person who undergoes an extremely stressful condition, develops disturbing thoughts and emotions such as being frantic, panic-stricken, and distraught for a very long time after the incident.  Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S
Psychologist Counsellor

Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a type of anxiety disorder, which is triggered after encountering traumatic events in one's life. However, not everyone who undergoes a negative experience has PTSD. Also, it may settle by itself in some with the help of one's natural coping mechanism. In oth ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Mental Health? We have medical experts to help you right away.