Miconazole

Related Terms: Fungal Infection, Clotrimazole, Fluconazole, Antifungal, Itraconazole, Topical Antifungal, Hydrocortisone

Why does the penis infection recur after stoppage of Miconazole nitrate gel?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having some kind of infection (itchy red skin) on my penis hood. I visited one urologist for the same problem. Liver function tests, sugar and thyroid tests werte done. All were normal. He advised me to use Miconazole nitrate gel. I used it and got instant relief. I used it for 20...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You must be suffering from balanitis (fungal infection) that is why Miconazole 2 % antifungal cream worked. Do not apply Sternon G (Betamethasone and Gentamicin) as it contains steroid. Please send the current condition clinical photographs so that the oral medications...  Read Full »

Can Panderm NM be used on the face?
Query: Hello doctor, I used Panderm NM. After I left using it, I got scars and pigmentation on my face. Now, I am using UniWhite Cream for pigmentation. Will this work? Should I use something else? Can you suggest something without steroids and Hydroquonine and without any side effects?  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Panderm NM (Clobetasol Topical, Miconazole Topical, and Neomycin Topical) cream is the most harmful cream when applied to the face. It has steroids. The steroid causes thinning of the skin, pimples, visible blood vessels, increased hair growth, secondary bacterial s...  Read Full »

I have red bumps on penis after sex. Is it candidiasis?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 38 years old and I am 67 kg and 169 cm. I am half black with kind of light skin. Although I have my fiancee, I masturbate a lot before and sometimes I damage my skin under the gland. I can mention maybe since a year or so. I always associate because, in the new place where I live...  Read Full »
Dr. Saurabh S Pandya
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be candidiasis or some allergic reaction. You can apply Miconazole cream locally twice daily for about 10 days and see. If it increases or recurs, see a doctor. Please use a condom until both of you are adequately treated, to prevent cross infection. The pain dur...  Read Full »

What is the transparent shiny red skin on penis with burning sensation?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old. I observed something on the penis. It is like it burns and is red in color. I do not have any pain and itching. I started applying Clobesym-OZ cream. Now it seems some transparent shiny skin developing on it and also other parts of skin around it started becoming sh...  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Clobesym (Miconazole) is a potent steroid based cream and whatever you are noticing now are the side effects of steroid usage. For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://ww...  Read Full »

Are Betadine and Fourderm creams helpful in private area infection?
Query: Hi doctor, I am working at a steel industry. So, due to excess heat in the workplace I always have a lot of sweat in private areas. I consult a doctor for the infection. He prescribed me Betadine powder to use and Fourderm cream. Is it helpful?  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. My opinion is not to use Fourderm cream (combination of Chlorhexidine gluconate, Clobetasol, Miconazole and Neomycin). It has strong steroids and has a lot of side effects. I suggest Onabet cream (Sertaconazole) or Candid cream - Clotrimazole instead. I also sugg...  Read Full »

What is the reason for recurring white spots on my genital area?
Query: Hello doctor, I have had white spots on my genital area for the past one year. They are not bumps but just spots. They do not itch or smell. They are only just visible. After applying a cream such as Beclomin for prolonged periods, it goes away but once I stop, it starts to appear again.  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This seems to be related to some atypical skin lesions that respond well to Beclomin (Beclomethasone and Miconazole nitrate) (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These can or cannot be sexually transmitted disease-related symptoms. It depends on proper eval...  Read Full »

I have small red rashes on my glans penis. What could be the cause?
Query: Hi doctor, I have small red rashes on my glans penis. It started as a small blister. When cleaned, it peeled like skin. However, if it is not cleaned, white discharge gets in and around the site. I am not taking any kind of medications.  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please revert with an image. It could be balanitis or herpes genitalis. The management can be decided based on the diagnosis. In the case of balanitis, one may apply Miconazole 2 % cream twice a day. Do you have a history of unprotected sexual intercourse? Revert with ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for the fungal infection on my right hand?
Query: Hello doctor,I have one red spot on my right hand, which is a fungal infection. Sometimes, it will grow in other body parts like stomach or legs, but then automatically disappears in 2 to 3 days. I am so worried. What to do? What is the treatment for this?  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Have you applied any creams? Do you have a history of diabetes or hypertension? In the case of a fungal infection, you can try using Onabet (Sertaconazole) cream or Episert (Sertaconazole) cream or DK gel (Miconazole), twice a day. But if there is a recurrence, then o...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for neck infection in a 4-month-old baby?
Query: Hello doctor, My baby boy is 4 months old. He is suffering from neck infection.  Read Full »
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and reviewed the attached photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your child is having intertrigo which is inflammation of the body fold. I would recommend you to apply Clobetasone and Miconazole cream (Eumosone M crea...  Read Full »

My entire foreskin is swollen and red. Is it due to the steroid cream I used?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 51 years and nondiabetic. It seems I am suffering from balanitis for the past two weeks. Earlier, I had the problem of ringworm, but then after medication of Clotrimazole ointment and oral tablet Terbinafine, it was treated. After a couple of months of that problem, I noticed two wee...  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. By your complaints and the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your concern is balanitis. What your dermatologist had suggested is appropriate. You are facing side effects due to potent steroid in FourDerm (combination of Chlorhexidine, Clobetasol...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Miconazole? We have medical experts to help you right away.