Mole With Hair

Related Terms: Hair Loss, Hairfall, Minoxidil, Sunscreen, Acne, Control Hair Loss, Male Pattern Baldness, Hair Care

Is mole with hair a non-cancerous one?
Query: Hi doctor, About a month ago I vigorously scratched off a mole that was on my back. While lifting weight and lying on my back, it got irritated. I have had the mole for at least seven years. It has always been relatively big and light brown shade. However, when I picked it off it went away at firs...  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should not have scratched it, because the chances of malignancy increase in otherwise benign mole. Presently what I can see is the erosion (attachment removed to protect patient identity) so at this stage even dermoscopy would not be able to find out malignancy. So, b...  Read Full »

I have a new mole with a small hair growth. Does it look concerning?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a history of melanoma and now I have a mole. I am not aware how long this mole has been here on my arm. But it just really stands out and makes me nervous. Does this mole look concerning? It has a small hair that is growing in it. Previously, melanoma was removed from my left h...  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your concern may be acquired compound nevus or melanocytic nevi with dysplastic changes since there is no clear margin. It is advisable to have a histopathological examination of the mole for confirma...  Read Full »

I have a mole that is more of red color than brown. Should I worry?
Query: Hi doctor, Could you please take a look at this mole? I had it for ages and it has not changed, but it always bothers me. It is more of a reddish color than brown and I have a couple of them. I visited a dermatologist and she said it as fine. I was just wondering for the tiny dots in the mole? I th...  Read Full »
Dr. Rashmi Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate that you are so aware and concerned. I went through the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and I find them completely harmless for now. ABCDE signs are not absolute, but relative. By that I mean to say, any change in color, symmet...  Read Full »

Mole or Melanoma: When to Worry?
Article Overview: Melanoma is a grave disease that mostly arises from an innocent-looking mole. If a mole is present on the body, here is how you can know if it is just a mole or melanoma. This article sketches the various aspects of the mole, from its morphology to the preventive measures.  Read Article »
Dr. Nandhini J

A mole or nevus is a black or brown spot present in the skin. It is usually round, has a uniform color with smooth edges, and often measures less than 6 mm in diameter. They are often acquired during childhood or adolescence. Most of them will never cause a problem. If new moles arise with age or th ...  Read Article »

Coping with Leucoderma: the White Spot Disease
Article Overview: Leucoderma is a common skin condition and has considerable social stigma. It is better to be informed about the disease and know how you can help yourself or another individual in adjusting to one's family, society, and become a productive member of the community.  Read Article »
Dr. Vinay Kumar

Leucoderma (Vitiligo): Vitiligo (also know as white spot disease) is a skin disorder characterized by total loss of skin color in the affected area. Vitiligo is a common disorder of skin affecting all races with nearly equal distribution. Skin lesions are porcelain or marble white. The ...  Read Article »

My daughter has pernicious anemia from the age of 11. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I hope you will be able to help me with my daughter's health. The summary of her health is as follows: She was born prematurely at 25 weeks. She had to undergo PDA surgery soon after. She had Hashimoto's hypothyroidism when she was 8 years of age. She had urticaria and angioedema for m...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and the medical history of your daughter. I have seen the detailed reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) as well. Let me answer each one of your questions. Her raised cortisol is likely to be due to exogenous steroids use, like...  Read Full »

Is tinnitus a side effect of AZO?
Query: Hello doctor, I began exhibiting symptoms that I would describe as tinnitus from a week. I get a loud noise or ringing in my left ear, although it also happens in the right ear. One fine day the tinnitus actually went to the other ear (my right ear), my tinnitus since then has not been focused in a...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. While you have elaborated on your symptoms very meticulously, I still require some more details. Is there any hearing loss? Do you have any fullness of the ear? The tingling feeling, is it permanent? Do you have any giddiness? Any change of ear fullness or tin...  Read Full »

I have a red lesion on the back of my head. What could it be?
Query: Hello doctor, I noticed a lesion on the back of my head. It is flat, mostly red in color, and a bit darker red or brown on the edges. It does not itch, and I do not think that it is related to any allergies. What could this be?  Read Full »
Dr. Chaitra Prakash
Cosmetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since how long is it been there? Does it hurt when you comb your hair? Has it bled anytime? Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

What are the moles that keep recurring?
Query: Hi doctor, I have some moles on my lower face and earlier the moles were operated twice by laser therapy with the advice of a doctor. But, it appears repeatedly. Am I suffering from any illness? What are the causes behind it?  Read Full »
Dr. Gauri Kshirsagar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.   Healthwise, a mole does not cause any problem . It has a tendency to become malignant in cases of Caucasian individuals (white people). But, in quite dark people it would not cause any discomfort. Until and unless you want to remove it due to cosmetic reasons, it wil...  Read Full »

Can I cover up my birthmark with a tattoo?
Query: Hello doctor, I am attaching a picture of a mark. Can you tell me if this is a melanoma? It has been that size for a long time but, it looks a little weird.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description and the given picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems you have a mole or melanocytic nevus. They are considered benign melanomas and nothing actively needs to be done for them. If the mole shows a sudden increase in s...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Mole With Hair? We have medical experts to help you right away.