Mupirocin

Will Taro-Mupirocin help in healing of burn injury?

Query: Hello doctor, My friend got boiling water thrown on him. Will Taro-Mupirocin help the burns go away or help him in healing the burns?  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Gulati

Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not think Taro-Mupirocin will be much effective. Instead of this, you may use Silver Sulfadiazine ointment which helps to relieve the burns and give a cooling effect also to much extent. Also, apply a lot of ice over the burnt area. Ice application helps to heal...  Read Full »

How much time will it take for red rash near tip of the penis to cure?

Query: Hi doctor, I got a red rash near the tip of the penis. The doctor told me to use Mupirocin T-bact, I started applying once a day and it has been 10 days. I want to know how much time it can take for a complete cure?  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mupirocin is a topical antibiotic. It has to be used twice a day for two weeks for infectious conditions like impetigo. Also, it depends on the extent of involvement and severity. Since I have not seen the rash, I cannot really tell you how much time it can take to heal...  Read Full »

My son does not take any medicines due to taste issues. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2 and a half year old son had a head injury yesterday which resulted in bleeding and he ended up with five stitches. The bleeding was about 40 to 50 ml. Our local doctor prescribed an Augmentin syrup and an Ibuprofen syrup. But, due to taste issues, he is not taking any medicine, e...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Radheshyam Gupta

Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can apply a local antibiotic ointment such as T-Bact cream (Mupirocin topical) twice a day for five days and Placentrex (Placenta extracts) cream twice a day for a week. If the wound is not too deep and dirty, a local antibiotic cream alone will suffice. There is ...  Read Full »

What Can Cause Sudden Tingling And Itchy Sensation?

Query: Hi doctor, Two months ago I started feeling tingling and itching sensation between my thighs and then up to my chest. I just took the most painful shower ever (warm water). It stung and I wanted to scratch my skin off. At first there was nothing visible, just itching, now you can see red dots here...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a case of folliculitis, probably fungal or bacterial in nature. Apply Mupirocin ointment, twice daily. For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

There is a hole below my stomach with smelly pus discharging. Help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a hole underneath my stomach and it is discharging smelly pus every day. It burst two months ago. It is painful and smelly. Help me.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have developed an ulcer from an abscess that is discharging. Clean the area with disinfectant and apply Neosporin (Neomycin) or Mupirocin cream over the affected area twice a day for 10 days. Take oral antibiotics to prevent infection in the wound like Zifi (Cefi...  Read Full »

How to treat hot water burns in a kid?

Query: Hello doctor, My 4-year-old baby spilled extremely hot water on his right feet. The skin became red immediately. I put Aloe vera gel and silver nitrate ointment. It is better now. But, he is suffering from burning and pain. Kindly let me know what are the other medications and other precautions tha...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to start applying Linical (Calamine) lotion every hourly until the burning settles down. You also need to apply T-Bact (Mupirocin Topical) or Mupi (Mupirocin) or Nadibact Cream (Nadifloxacin Topical) thrice daily after applying the Linical lotion. You can a...  Read Full »

I got a bump on the penis after masturbating without lubricant. How to deal with this?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 23 year old male and in good health. The last time I was sexually active was over two months ago, and after that, I usually would masturbate two to three times a day with no lubricant. I developed a small bump under the head of my penis. So, I looked up online and it was all HPV ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query. From your description, it seems you have developed tractional folliculitis due to excessive masturbation. You can use topical Mupirocin ointment twice daily and take tablet Azithromycin 500 mg once daily for three days after consulting your GP ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for dog bite injury?

Query: Hi doctor, My problem is dog bite with some pain. I am currently on antirabies medication. I am a 15 year old male. My weight is 38 kg and height is 5 feet.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should clean the wound with soap and water. Get the dressing done from a local doctor with Betadine solution followed by application of Mupirocin ointment. The dressing should be changed daily till healing. You should have antirabies vaccination on day 0, 3, 7, 14...  Read Full »

Which cream should I try for dry and peeling skin?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 52 year old male with type II diabetes. For the past few weeks, I have had extremely dry skin around my eyes, particularly on the corners and on my eyelids. Lotions tend to make my skin red rather than resolve my issue. When the lotion dries, it cracks and peels again. The problem...  Read Full »

Dr. Chaitra Prakash

Cosmetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There appears to be a little inflammation and scaling of skin (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I suggest you apply Desonide lotion and Mupirocin cream twice a day to the affected area. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take trea...  Read Full »

I got itchy red patches on my buttocks, penis, and scrotum. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor,I got some red patches on my buttocks, penis, and scrotum. It is too itchy. I consulted a doctor and he diagnosed it as scabies and advised to use Lindane Lotion. I used it for three days but the redness has not gone. The itchiness has reduced but not gone completely. My doctor is curre...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is nodular scabies. Now do not apply Lindane lotion. Consider the application of Flutibact cream twice daily for seven days. (Fluticasone and Mupirocin). Tablet Levocetirizine 10 mg at bedtime. It takes time for nodular lesions (inflammation) to subside. ...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.

Ask a Specialist Now

Get Expert advice/consultation in 3 steps
1
Describe your health issue
2
Upload documents
3
Pay consultation fee