Muscle Relaxant

Related Terms: Physiotherapy, Pantoprazole, Mebeverine, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Diclofenac, Mri For Low Back Pain Or Neck Pain, Mri Spine

Recently Answered Questions

Can I take Carisoprodol as I am allergic to Ibuprofen?
Query: Hi doctor, I am allergic to Ibuprofen. Can I take Carisoprodol?  Read Full »
Dr. Shyam Kalyan N
ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Carisoprodol is a muscle relaxant barbiturate compound. Do not use it if you are allergic to Meprobamate, Tybamate or Mebutamate or Carisoprodol itself. However, Ibuprofen allergy is not a contraindication for use of Carisoprodol as they are different line of compound...  Read Full »
Why do I have pain in wisdom tooth with restricted mouth opening?
Query: Hello doctor, My lower right wisdom tooth is aching and am taking antibiotics but cannot open mouth all the way. It is too painful.  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to You should also start taking a muscle relaxant (Chlorzoxazone) with painkiller along with the antibiotic for a week. You will need a prescription for it. So, go back to your dentist. Do not delay for long else swelling might increase rapidly. Also, use warm salt wate...  Read Full »
Why does my pain radiate from back to thigh?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old woman. I am suffering from a radiating pain that spreads from back to the lower half of the body. I have this issue since a year. It aggravates when I ride bike. Occasionally, the pain may also radiate upward. If I keep hard item then I get some relief. I am takin...  Read Full »
Dr. Sumit Chawla
Orthopaedician And Traumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Your symptom profile with long duration of pain unsettled after muscle relaxant points towards disc herniation as a probable etiology. You need to visit an orthopedic surgeon for neurological examination to look for signs of neurological impairment and get an MRI sc...  Read Full »
How to treat my upper back pain?
Query: Hi doctor, While sitting on a sofa, I was completely relaxed, and my body was lying unbalanced against it. Suddenly, I felt some pain that started in the upper back area. But it did not disappear even after I got up and did a lot of body straightening and stretching. It was minor. Particularly in ...  Read Full »
Dr. Anshul Varshney
Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to It looks like an acute muscular pain. In such situations, I recommend following these steps: A muscle relaxant like tablet Flexura D (Diclofenac and Metaxalone) twice daily for three days. Hot fomentation. Volini gel (Diclofenac) for local application. Bed rest. ...  Read Full »
Why did I get pain after a long walk?
Query: Hello doctor, I walked for around 10 km two days back. I am not a habitual walker. I felt cramp twice in my right leg during first 3 km and after stretching it was better. Then I consumed fair amount of water. But, after 24 hours I got severe pain in calf muscles and there is slight swelling. Plea...  Read Full »
Dr. Sumit Chawla
Orthopaedician And Traumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to You are having fatigued muscle due to over exercise by an unaccustomed muscle. You can take muscle relaxant with anti-inflammatory and also apply some analgesic gel to the calf muscle. Heat and massage therapy will help in early resolution of symptoms. You should only...  Read Full »
How can I cure my lower back pain due to weight-lifting?
Query: Hi doctor, I have lower back pain. I believe it occurred when I was lifting stuff in the house. I am 30 years old, 170 cm tall and weighs about 90 kg. Please advice.  Read Full »
Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey

Answer: Hello, Welcome to You have caused sprain of muscles or a ligament of lower back due to trauma which is causing pain. You need to start NSAIDs and muscle relaxants for a few days and if possible an X-ray LS spine (lumbosacral) to look for bone architecture. Avoid forward bending and we...  Read Full »
What are the reasons for left side hip pain?
Query: Hi doctor, I have some pain on the left side just above my hip bone. It started recently after I finished my period and it has been there for a few days. It is very much uncomfortable and hurts when there is pressure on it.  Read Full »
Dr. Bharat Patodiya
Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to The pain seems not to be related to the periods. If the pain is more towards the back, then it is likely muscular. In that case, muscle relaxant should help like Tolperisone 450 once a day for five days. If it is more on the side, then it could be a referred pain of urete...  Read Full »
I have pain and stiffness in my neck and traps. How to recover quickly?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. I was working out in a gym continuously a month back and turns out I overused my muscle. I had pain in my neck and traps and I can feel the stiffness in my neck and traps. I visited an urgent care and they diagnosed it to be a muscle pull and prescribed a muscle ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your concern. I would suggest you to frequently do icing over the tight areas like 15 minutes once every two hours followed by gentle stretching. Continue muscle relaxant for one more day. I strongly suggest you do a proper warmup and cool down to avoid s...  Read Full »
Do we need surgery for intervertebral disc displacement?
Query: Hi doctor, I have severe leg pain in both legs. It occurs during night time. I have pain in lower back. My MRI report says there is diffuse disc bulge causing thecal sac compression at L4 to L5 and L5 to S1. There is small disc bulge causing thecal compression at D11 and D12 level. There is ligamen...  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to These MRI findings indicate chronic degeneration of the column, with intervertebral disc displacement in two levels (thoracic and lumbar). There is no need for surgery. I recommend painkillers, a muscle relaxant for the pain and physiotherapy. It is necessary to lose so...  Read Full »
How to treat strained neck muscle developed while doing a leg raise?
Query: Hi doctor, I think I developed a muscle pull or nerve problem in the shoulder and neck area when I was doing leg raise in the gym on a bench. How to get cured?  Read Full »
Dr. Mohan Krishna
Orthopaedician And Traumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to From the complaints you had described, it sounds like a muscle pull. It is better to get examined by a doctor first to know the right diagnosis. You might get relief from simple analgesic and muscle relaxant. For further information consult a physiotherapist online -...  Read Full »


Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Do you have a question on Muscle Relaxant? We have medical experts to help you right away.

Ask a Doctor Online Now!