Muscle Twitching

Related Terms: Anxiety, Als, Benign Fasciculation Syndrome, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Emg, Avoid Constipation, Back Pain

Does muscle twitching along with tingling mean motor neuron disease?
Query: Hello doctor,Six weeks ago, I started to get muscle twitches all over my body and tingling sensations in my skin. This is still happening. I visited my GP four weeks ago who immediately prescribed anti-depressants. I have suffered from health anxiety for the last seven years. It comes in waves. The ...  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that your symptoms are not typical of motor neuron disease. You are right to say that this disorder is associated with other symptoms besides muscle twitching. From the other hand it does not cause sensibility problems...  Read Full »

What could cause random muscle twitching and shaking feeling all over the body?
Query: Hi doctor, I hope you are well and hopefully will be able to answer some of my concerns. For the past three months, I have been experiencing some unusual symptoms which have given me cause for concern. First of all, I am a 28-year-old female. Before three months, I started to experience a sort of ...  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I passed carefully through your question and would explain that we can exclude ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), considering the fact that you have sensory complaints (tingling and burning sensation). From the other hand, this would be an exceptional diagnosis at ...  Read Full »

I have muscle twitching. Is it due to vitamin deficiency?
Query: Hi doctor, For about 10 days, I have muscle twitching in my calf, thighs and also in my eyes. I am worried about it. I got my blood test done. It showed that I have a severe vitamin B12 and vitamin D deficiency. My vitamin B12 was around 50 ng/L. Can these deficiencies be the cause for having muscl...  Read Full »
Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The duration is too short for any serious ailment. It is generally related to stress, coffee intake, and vitamin B12 deficiency. There is nothing to worry. It will go off.  Read Full »

I have numbing, tingling, and muscle twitching. What might help me?
Query: Hello doctor, About a month ago, I developed what I thought was a pinched nerve in my neck. I had numbing and tingling in my left arm and my hand would go numb while sleeping. However, over the next couple weeks the numbing, tingling, moved to my right arm then my legs and feet to include muscle tw...  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your question carefully and would explain that your symptoms are not typical of a peripheral neuropathy. They could be related to a bulging disc in the cervical vertebral column. That is why it is necessary to perform a cervical spine MRI study. MS (multipl...  Read Full »

What is the cause of widespread muscle twitching and sweaty palms?
Query: Hi doctor,I am 25 years old. What can be causing me to get widespread muscle twitching (twitches last about five seconds and go away and reoccur in a different muscle minutes or hours after)? Legs and hands get shaky, hands get sweaty, at night I feel like my legs are vibrating and my hear...  Read Full »
Dr. Nazma Parveen

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your question and would like to suggest that you should get a number of blood tests done. The following are the tests that I would suggest. Hemogram which should include your ESR. Thyroid profile to rule out any endocrinal disorder. A blood ...  Read Full »

I have pain,extreme fatigue,unsteadiness and muscle twitching.I do not know if all these symptoms are related to one issue or more.
Query: Hello doctor, I have had this problem for 8 years with no proper solutions. Please help. Strange sensations, tiredness, feeling of heaviness in the arms and legs. Hands and feet become warm. I have an electrical shock like feeling in face. I have extreme fatigue, unsteadiness and muscle twitching...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. From the available description it appears that you are suffering with fibromyalgia syndrome.  This is a disorder which generally occurs in middle age women (I am not aware about your age and gender). It is characterized ...  Read Full »

I have twitching in my legs. Do you think it is ALS?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a question about twitching in my legs.  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Muscle twitching can be related to differential medical disorders: Neuropathy (nerve damage) Thyroid gland dysfunction. Electrolyte imbalances. Muscular disorders. Epilepsy (seizures) or central nervous system disorders. Benign fasciculation syndrome, etc. ...  Read Full »

Can anxiety cause muscle vibration?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and have had tests to rule out possible causes for my symptoms. Currently, I have been feeling an internal shaking in my muscles and twitching. I also tend to have panic attacks almost every day and these muscles buzzing or vibrating symptom...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Muscle twitching or shivering could be due to dehydration, stress, anxiety, electrolyte imbalance, infections. Anxiety is pathological fear. The condition can be treated with medicines like Etizolam or mild dose of SSRI. But natural way to handle stress is very good and...  Read Full »

Should I visit a neurologist for muscle fasciculations?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28-year-old male, approximately 93 kg, 1.89 cm. Over the past year, I have been getting muscle fasciculations on in my calves (mainly) and also in my quads. I have seen several doctors now and they have checked my reflexes and feeling in my legs and it is all fine. The fasiculatio...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Involuntarily muscle twitching or fasciculations could result from various causes. Most common being anxiety, hyperthyroidism, nerve compression at lower back, restless leg syndrome, vitamin B12 deficiency, vitamin D deficiency. If we think of uncommon causes, they coul...  Read Full »

Why am I having muscle twitches all over my body?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been having muscle twitches all around my body for about two months. First I noticed it in the legs, around my calves, arms and even on my back. It has been fairly noticeable around my shoulders, and biceps. At one point I even noticed my right eye twitching whenever I blinked,...  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and would explain that the muscle twitching could be related to low vitamin D levels. For this reason, it is important to take Vitamin D supplements. I would also recommend checking vitamin B12 plasma levels for possible deficiency and perfo...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Muscle Twitching? We have medical experts to help you right away.