Muscle Weakness

Related Terms: Physiotherapy, Vitamin D, Back Pain, Anxiety, Proper Posture, Stroke, Als

I have muscle weakness and mild pain on the forearm and hip. What could this be?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 41 year old male. My creatine phosphokinase is mildly elevated. The reports came as 220 twice and as normal thrice. And, there was hemoglobin in my urine test. I constantly have muscle weakness and mild pain on my left side, at the forearm and hip. The weakness started suddenly...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, I read your query and understand your concerns about muscle weakness and raised muscle enzymes. The probable diagnosis is polymyositis. People with polymyositis have: A weakness of muscles of the thigh, gluteal muscles, and shoulder girdle. Raised CPK (creatine phosphokinase) and LDH (lactate...  Read Full »

I am having muscle weakness from childhood. What to do further?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old. I have muscle weakness in both arms and legs since childhood. I cannot climb stairs without support and I feel tired most of the day. I cannot stand for long and also cannot run or walk. My legs and feet always get numb. I have decreased sensory sensations in both feet....  Read Full »
Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com I have read your question with care and understand your concerns. My opinion is as below: You are having both myopathy and neuropathy. You need to get treatment for both. Hypothyroidism and vitiligo are may be signs of abnormal functioning of the pituitary gland....  Read Full »

I am suffering from extreme muscle weakness.What may be the reason?
Query: Hello doctor, My age is 25 years. My height is 5'10" and I weight 78 kg. I am suffering from muscle twitches and extreme muscle weakness and muscle pain from last one month. I went to a neurologist and he says reflexes are normal and asked me not to worry and he put me on tablet Remylin-D. I am curr...  Read Full »
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows:Muscle twitches, muscle weakness and muscle pain since one month could be due to calcium deficiency. Has serum calcium level been evaluated? Associated dehydration along with anemia requires evaluation. At least 6-8 liters of ...  Read Full »

Are there any tests available to check pelvic muscle weakness?
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from pelvic muscle weakness. I want to know is there any blood tests or any other diagnosis.  Read Full »
Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pelvic and lower back muscle weakness will give you symptoms of back pain and leg pain. You should do blood tests. Check for vitamin D and B12 levels. These blood tests are useful to check the vitamin levels in the blood which co-relates with muscle weakness of the body...  Read Full »

Why am I having right-sided muscle weakness?
Query: Hi doctor,I am 22 years old. I had right-sided muscle weakness. It started with hands and feet pins and needles. Then neck tension and back tension. Had a brain MRI done. I have had a CT scan of brain two years ago which showed an osteoma in sinonasal which I think I can see on the MRI. Currently, I...  Read Full »
Dr. Chitrangada
Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your MRI shows normal brain parenchyma (attachment remove to protect patient identity). No ischemic areas or focal lesions are seen. The MRI angiogram shows normal vascular anatomy. No focal narrowing or stenosis is seen. However, mild mucosal thickening is seen in bila...  Read Full »

I have tremors in left hand. Is it rubral syndrome or muscle weakness?
Query: Hi doctor, I have tremors on my left hand. I am on Amantrel 100 mg tds, Frisium 30 mg and Propranolol 40 mg. I have been through two stents in my heart, but I have no myocardial infarction. I am on beta blockers Valent 40mg od and Retorlix 5 mg od. My neurologist says this as Rubral syndrome and ...  Read Full »
Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. Let me try to help you. Muscle weakness will not cause unilateral tremors (involving one side). May be the tremors will start in one hand on first day, but within a week you will have tremors in both hands. So, this is not due to muscle weaknes...  Read Full »

Can muscle weakness cause cracking or popping of spine?
Query: Hello doctor, When I squeeze my shoulder blades together, my spine always cracks or pops (like cracking your knuckles). I do this maybe 20 times a day. I think it is becoming a habit. It helps to loosen it up. What causes this? Do I have muscle weakness? It has been an ongoing pain for three years ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.The sounds coming from the spine is called as snapping of joints. A synovial joint is a joint where two bony surfaces are enclosed in a capsule with synovial fluid enclosed in it. It is like sound coming from two wet surfaces placed together and now separated. It is a no...  Read Full »

I have twitching of different muscles. Can I be sure it is not ALS?
Query: Hello doctor,The last week and a half every few minutes, I got a muscle twitch in random parts of my body. My left eye twitches more constantly than that. I have general anxiety and major health anxiety which I am wondering can play a role. I have no muscular weakness at all, and no atrophy fro...  Read Full »
Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Frequent muscle twitches without any muscle weakness or atrophy and normal reflexes can be due to anxiety. The other possibility can be benign fasciculation syndrome. But before labeling this, it is advisable to rule out other possible grave diseases. Let me ...  Read Full »

Although I am on vitamin D supplement, why does the knee pain persist?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old female with a height of 5.2 feet and weight 42 kg. I am suffering from vitamin D deficiency and having pain in knees since six months. The pain mostly arises on stress on knees using stairs and disappears with rest of a few days. On knee r-rays, the lateral tubercle of...  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel that the two problems are indirectly related, but not causative. Vitamin D deficiency leads to muscle pain, bone pain and also muscle weakness. The pain in the knee that you are suffering is called anterior knee pain, which is due to muscle imbalance leadi...  Read Full »

I am having problems with my whole skeletal system. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old male. My height is 6'3" and weight is 180 pounds. I am having problems with my whole skeletal system. My right knee snaps when I extend my leg and my left hip has some pain. My left foot appears longer from heal to big toe and my right leg appears longer from the knee t...  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are the findings that you have quoted your impression or seen and mentioned by a physiotherapist or doctor? Have you been prescribed any physiotherapy? Have you had bloods taken to rule out any other cause of muscle weakness fatigue? Do you exercise regularly? Sometimes, ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Muscle Weakness? We have medical experts to help you right away.