Nail Bite

Related Terms: Itching, Skin Rashes, Fungal Infection, Clotrimazole, Hydrocortisone, Methylcobalamine, Pregabalin

Nervous Habits in Children: Homeopathic Approach
Article Overview: Nail biting, thumb sucking, nose picking, hair twirling, pulling hair and grinding teeth are some nervous habits commonly present in children. These are caused by a mental disorder. This article focuses on the homeopathy approach to the same.  Read Article »
Dr. Potnuru Srinivaasa Sudhakar
Homeopathic Physician

1. Nail Biting The other name for nail biting is onychophagia. Those who feel a compulsion to bite nails and fingertips can vary in severity from mild and occasional to persistent nail biting. Severe nail biting is a long-term problem which causes nail deformity and infections around the nailbed. ...  Read Article »

Child has poor concentration and nail biting habit. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, This query is about a healthy, happy boy who has poor concentration and cannot stop biting his nails. My 11-year-old son has had a nailbiting habit on and off since toddler years. We recently moved and started school (was homeschooled before). He has always been easily distracted when...  Read Full »
Dr. Sheetal R Bhanushali
Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This needs medication which I will be prescribing.  Read Full »

What is the swelling present inside the lips without pain?
Query: Hi doctor, My mother has a swelling inside her lips. It is not painful, and it is not getting healed. She consulted a doctor. The doctor told that the swelling had occurred due to an allergic reaction. Is it cancer? Please suggest.  Read Full »
Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Every swelling is not cancer. It can be a fibroma. It occurs due to trauma or biting lips. The second one is a mucocele. It is a swelling of sebaceous glands. It also occurs due to injury or biting. Both are non-cancerous. Please send a picture of it. So that, I can gui...  Read Full »

What causes dark skin around fingernails?
Query: Hi doctor,I bite the skin around my nails, and now I noticed that the skin is turning brownish. I have tried washing it, but no result. Should I be concerned?  Read Full »
Dr. Rajesh Deshwal
HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the skin remains painful and swells up with reddish discoloration, then you should be concerned and seek antibiotics if needed. Otherwise, just relax. For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-onli...  Read Full »

I have a hard lump on my palate. What could that be?
Query: Hello doctor, I have had this lump on my hard palate for about three months now. It is located near the middle line and a few millimeters to the left. It is about 2 x 2 mm in size, pretty round and it does not hurt. I thought this might be torus palatinus. But, I heard that this torus is mostly symm...  Read Full »
Dr. Prerna Jain
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it looks more likely to be a torus palatinus. The location is in the midline only. However, it is a little smaller than usual. Also, can you describe if it is a bony hard swelling or firm, fluid fill...  Read Full »

Why do I have nail clubbing?
Query: Hello doctor,Does this look like an early nail clubbing? I came across something on the internet and started looking at my nails. I did a Schamroth test and I have a very small window. I am a bit concerned.  Read Full »
Dr. Sanjib K Sahu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nail clubbing is present if oxygen saturation is low or if there is an increase in reduced hemoglobin for a long time. All clinical tests like Schamroth have its own drawback. So do not rely on Schamroth. Clubbing can occur without any disease. You need to get on...  Read Full »

Are my dark nails normal?
Query: Hello doctor,These are my nail picture. Are they normal? I think they are little dark. My mom says I had this kind of nails from childhood. I am physically active gymmer for last two years. I play cricket at the professional level. Just want to confirm and get peace of mind. I had full body blood te...  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Nails are absolutely normal with minimal pitting in few nails which is considered as normal physiological changes in many individuals and dryness in proximal nail folds in few nails, for which you can...  Read Full »

Is it normal to bleed after using a dildo?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19 year old female. I am a virgin, but I masturbate quite a bit. Before, it was around at least once per day but it has been dying down to mainly the weekends. I use a vibrator and it is not actually a vibrator but a small hand-held massager for the back. I use it on my clitoris a...  Read Full »
Dr. Vidya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Masturbation does not generally hold a great risk but it does cause some complications. Frequent masturbation causes addiction. The mild bleeding you experience with the use of the vibrator could be due to local injury to the vaginal mucosa following a stimulating con...  Read Full »

What shall I do for broken nail bed?
Query: Hi doctor, My nail beds are not smooth. The area from where nails are coming out is broken. I am having this problem for more than six years. First, it was there only on a single nail and then it started spreading. Sometimes, watery pus forms near the root of the nail. I have sent the images for you...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems that you are suffering from paronychia with ingrown nails. Paronychia is infection around a fingernail. In your case, since you are suffering from last 6 years, it looks like ch...  Read Full »

What can be done to reduce scars due to mosquito bites?
Query: Hello doctor, My 8 year old daughter reacts badly to mosquito bites. We try to keep her covered and give antihistamine if she reacts badly and is scratching the bites. But, she scratches them, and they form scars that leave dark marks/scars on her face and body. What can we do to reduce the scarrin...  Read Full »
Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The reason why your daughter scratches herself so badly is that her skin is extremely dry. Keep it well moisturized by applying petroleum jelly two times a day. You can also apply a mixture...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Nail Bite? We have medical experts to help you right away.