Naproxen

Related Terms: Headache, Diclofenac, Migraine, Tension Type Headache, Amitriptyline., Nsaids, Domperidone

Why is Naproxen not working for my headache?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from unilateral headache for the last two months. I had an eye examination and that was fine. My blood tests were all normal. I have seen three doctors, my GP and two hospital doctors, who all say it is likely a benign headache or tension-type headache of some description. ...  Read Full »
Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Naproxen is no longer helping because the enzymes in your liver has learnt to degrade the drug quickly. It usually happens when you take such drugs for a longer time. Since there is no vomiting, you can wait till your next scheduled visit. If there is vomiting, then you h...  Read Full »

How can I prevent migraine headache?
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from migraine from my school time. Just before 2 years a neurologist suggested me Naproxen 500, which I am taking when I am getting an attack. But in the summer I am getting the attack twice a day and this is only the cure. But the headache is killing me. Please someone...  Read Full »
Dr. Lohit Chauhan
General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. While for acute attacks Naproxen + Domperidone is fine, but to prevent the attacks from happening you should take migraine prophylaxis. You could try a beta-blocker (Metoprolol, Propranolol) extended-release tablets or use SSRI's (Amitryptiline, etc.). Also, Triptans...  Read Full »

Can Aleve and Goody's powder cause stomach upset?
Query: Hi doctor, I recently had a migraine, so I took two tablets of Aleve. It did not work, so I took Goody's powder, but the pain was still there, so I took another one. The migraine pain has gone, but my stomach seems to be upset.  Read Full »
Dr. Jeremy David O'kennedy
HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your headache. Aleve (Naproxen) and Goody's powder (combination of Aspirin, Acetaminophen, and Caffeine) both contain NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) like Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Piroxicam, Diclofenac, etc. Although NSAIDs are very...  Read Full »

I have muscle tenderness after an accident. What has to be done?
Query: Hi doctor, I recently had a car accident. I was passenger. How can my arm feel very still and tender? The doctor at the urgent care gave me Naproxen but my muscle is still tender and I have not been able to sleep at all. The doctor gave me Hydroxyzine which did not work.  Read Full »
Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Hassan Shoukat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If it is just a bruise, then you just need to give it time and pain control with some NSAID like Naproxen, and need no intervention but only if your swelling start getting worse. But in any accident we should consider ruling out underlying bone fracture as bone fracture...  Read Full »

How to prevent the occurence of migraine headache?
Query: Hi doctor,I am 35 years old. I was suffering from a migraine headache for the last 15 years. Actually, it was not continuous but I recollect the durations once every five years for three months. I was taking Sebilium every night prescribed by the doctor. Again the headache is starting now. Please su...  Read Full »
Dr. Y Siva Roja

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your query. Drugs like Sibelium (containing drug named Flunarizine) is used to prevent the occurrence of migraine attacks. Drugs like Naproxen are used to relieve the pain during attacks of a migraine or a few other kinds of headaches. You need to be...  Read Full »

What are the treatment options for increased uric acid?
Query: Hi doctor, Since yesterday morning, I have been having an acute pain and stiffness in the joint of the big toe on the left foot. Also, there is a little amount of swelling. The symptoms are similar to elevated uric acid levels. Four years ago, I had a spike in uric acid levels. I have given my samp...  Read Full »
Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you. I suggest tablet Naproxen 500 mg twice daily and tablet Indomethacin 50 mg three times daily. These are generic names. Please consult your doctor, discuss with him or her ...  Read Full »

Why am I getting pain in the second toe on my right foot?
Query: Hi doctor,I have a pain in my second toe on my right foot. There is no swelling, bruising or discoloration. It does not hurt when walking or anything. It only hurts when being pushed down. For example, when I have to sit down on my knees that toe has a sharp pain when being pushed down on the ground...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is most likely a tendon or ligament problem, probably injury unknowingly likely during sleep. It should resolve within a week. You should get prescribed tablet Naproxen 250 mg two times a day along with some antacid like tablet Pantoprazole before breakfast once a d...  Read Full »

What is causing shooting pains in abdomen during and in between periods?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old, female, I am 5'2" and 129 lbs. Lately, I have been getting shooting pains across my abdomen, when I am off and on my period. I also cannot eat a lot or else I will get nauseous but I am still extremely hungry afterward. I have had an ovarian cyst in the past but thi...  Read Full »
Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Hassan Shoukat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is called primary dysmenorrhea. It can start anytime within five years of the beginning of periods in girls. Do not worry. It is a benign condition but definitely painful. I would advice start taking tablet Naproxen 250 mg twice daily with meal two days before your...  Read Full »

I suffer from headaches, insomnia, depression and anxiety. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from headaches for the past 80 days. I smoked four cigarettes every night and two every day early in the morning for 30 days, and then I stopped it with nicotine gum. From the past 160 days, I am suffering from insomnia. Five days after I quit smoking, I started ...  Read Full »
Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Bupropion can worsen the headache. As of now, you can increase the dose of Amitriptyline, Propranolol, and Flunarizine after consulting your treating doctor. Meanwhile, you can use Naproxen or Sumatriptan fo...  Read Full »

What can be the cause of pain in the upper back and neck?
Query: Hello doctor, I was advised to take Naproxen, Gabarich 300 mg and Pantop 40 mg for my upper back and neck pain. Can you please tell me if Gabarich is a painkiller and with what to substitute for Naproxen and Gabarich for pain in my upper back and neck? I must remind you that I am on antidepressants.  Read Full »
Dr. Ruth Agustin

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your complaints of upper back pain and neck pain point to a musculoskeletal cause, probably a muscular spasm. However, it would be prudent to check for other causes such as osteoarthritis and nerve impingement, initially through X-rays. Naproxen belongs to a family of ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Naproxen? We have medical experts to help you right away.