Medical Advice on "Nebulization"

The symptoms that your child has are suggestive of brochiolitis. In brochiolitis, nebulization needs to be given for five to seven days; usually the child recovers in seven days. Your child was discharged from hospital and developed respiratory distress after continuous … View thread »

According to your complaints, it could be an acute exacerbation of asthma. You should take nebulization with Asthalin (Salbutamol) thrice daily and Budesonide twice daily. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with … View thread »

Take tablet Allermed- M once in night to reduce the effect of dust allergy.  You can also go for intermittent nebulization.  Also, go for steam inhalation with Karvol plus once in night to clear the nasal tract. This will help. If the problem persists, consult an ENT … View thread »

I would like to know the symptoms in much more detail. How is his diet and appetite? Does he fall ill frequently? What is his weight? Is he on nebulization frequently? How is his academic performance? Is he stressed out? I would suggest a few blood tests to know his … View thread »

I suggest you get a chest X-ray and a blood test to know the level of infection rather than changing the antibiotics. Along with antibiotics, I suggest you give her nebulizations. Also, if she has got chest retractions, check her saturation level. If it is below 95 … View thread »

I do not think you should be worried about, if it would have been in more concentration, your body would have reacted in the form of sneezing as a protective mechanism. You can continue nebulization, but be careful in future, if the cough does not subside in a week to … View thread »

The asthmatic attack might be due to the drug allergy, which you might have had. I suggest you to get a sputum culture to identify which antibiotic suits. Also, I suggest you to take nebulization with Asthalin which will ease the breathing. My suggestion for you to be … View thread »

First of all, I am replying to your main 3 questions as follows:1. Routine management of wheezing: In my opinion, inhaled levosalbutamol (Levolin) is good for asthmatic wheezing. You can give it by nebulization or by inhalers (MDI - Metered Dose Inhaler) with spacer … View thread »

Since it has been a week now, evaluation would be required for this child. The treatment going on is completely perfect. However, I would like to make some changes and additions. The fever medicine should be given round the clock for up to three days at least. … View thread »

I would like to ask you a few questions before I can suggest you anything. Is the cough and cold associated with any fever? How is the cough, dry or wet or productive? Does the child have any wheezing? Are you giving any other medication apart from … View thread »

Do you have a question on Nebulization? We have experts to help you right away.