Neck Collar

Related Terms: Neck Pain, Cervical Collar, Physiotherapy, Nerve Compression, Diclofenac, Neck Stiffness, Cervical Spondylosis

I am suffering from upper back pain at night. Kindly advise.
Query: Hello doctor, I currently am suffering nighttime upper back pain. It is only painful when laying down, I have been prescribed Co-codamol but have yet to get any tests or scans done. This pain wakes me every night to a point I cannot roll over or change sleeping postion. Last night bothered arms fro...  Read Full »
Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As this sounds like the cervical radiculopathy, an MRI is suggested of the cervical spine. Also, I will advise you to use neck collar and continue the medicine. Once the pain level drops between 5 to 6 in the VAS pain scale of 0 to 10 where 0 is no pain and 10 is max...  Read Full »

How can I treat burning back pain on shoulder blade area?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been recently suffering from extreme burning back pain on my shoulder blade area. For a few months, I have had this strange clicking feeling in my neck, on the same side where my shoulder blade pain is happening. Not a normal joint crack, it felt weird, bothersome. It was infre...  Read Full »
Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have a burning sensation and unlocking sound in the cervical spine, it could be related to the nerve entrapment. I will advise you to take a neck collar and do hot water fermentation for a week post which you can update me so we can plan the exercise for stren...  Read Full »

My mother has cervical spinal stenosis. How to move her from the bed to wheelchair?
Query: Hi doctor, My mother, who is 79 years old has a neurologist appointment in five days. She was recently diagnosed at the ER with spinal stenosis in the neck. However, I am very concerned that me moving her from the bed to the wheelchair is contributing to her daily decline and related symptoms. Her s...  Read Full »
Dr. Sudheer Ambekar
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Severe cervical spinal stenosis causing spinal cord compression is known to cause all the symptoms that you have described. However, if the worsening from being able to walk to not at all has happened after your ER visit, I suggest you go to the ER again. This is becau...  Read Full »

Is it possible to lead a normal life with scoliosis and neck stiffness?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old female. I am in a job for which I will be out of home for at least 11 hours. My problem is stiffness in the neck (in the left side alone) for the past four months. In certain positions of my neck, head trembles, heart beats fast, and shortness of breath is produced. I...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to assure you not to worry as everything is going to be fine if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns.  Read Full »

Why is there a muscle tension in my shoulders, arms, and hands?
Query: Hello doctor, I have problems with clear thinking. When I am in a wrong position, there will be tension in my shoulders and arms, and in my face muscles, but also I cannot think clearly anymore. It is like a blackout. When I bend my head forward for a few seconds, my body reacts with sweating, rapi...  Read Full »
Dr. Chirag Solanki
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From your complaints, it looks like you are having tension type of pain. Actually, it occurs because of tensed tightened neck muscles. Some patients also feel similar pain in tem...  Read Full »

Can sleeping on hard side of the bed cause pins and needles sensation?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been sleeping on a bed that has hard side on the upper torso and soft side below. It is giving me pins and needles sensation and it has been there for a while now. Please advise.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The treatment depends on the area where you have the pins and needles. I am assuming it to be in your legs. If that is the situation, then you should look into nerve issues (sciatica). But, it will also cause lower back pain. I would suggest you to try firm surface which ...  Read Full »

Is surgery the only remedy for neck bone fracture?
Query: Hello doctor, The patient is a 17-year-old male. He has got injuries and fractures of the head and neck in an accident some days ago. There is a pain in the head and neck. He can move his hands and legs. He is conscious and can talk. He is getting irritated due to a tight collar in the neck. I have...  Read Full »
Dr. Chirag Solanki
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The patient has second neck bone fracture along with head injury with small hemorrhages (areas of bleeding) in the brain. He requires surgery for neck bone fracture which can be d...  Read Full »

Why does my head feel too heavy for my neck?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old female and yet to conceive. Since 9 months I have been facing heaviness of head and stiffness of neck. Sometimes the heaviness of head becomes extreme and I feel it is spinning even at the slightest movement of neck and it is accompanied with bowel movements. I feel tha...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query on this platform. Relax! You are not suffering from any life-threatening disease. Neither are you suffering from any gastrointestinal problems except occasionally which is normal and could be due to mild gastritis. Cervical arthritis cannot cau...  Read Full »

Can cervical disc bulge lead to arm numbness?
Query: Hi doctor, My right arm is numb from the elbow to the wrist and sometime I feel like getting electric shock inside. About 29 years ago, I got my C4/C5 lower disc removed. I have neck and back pain too and for which I am taking Lyrica now. I had an MRI and the report is as follows. Tight cervical sp...  Read Full »
Dr. Piyush Jakal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your complaints it is clear that you are suffering from prolapsed intervertebral disc in cervical region. The prolapsed disc is compressing your spinal nerve roots of arm. I request you to kindly attach MRI images. Most likely it appears from your symptoms that you w...  Read Full »

How can neck pain due to degeneration of cervical spine be cured?
Query: Hello doctor, I am facing acute neck pain since last three months and have been diagnosed with moderate degeneration in the cervical spine. Hands get pins and needles feeling sometimes during sleep. Legs get pins and needles feeling if not moved for say more than 10 minutes. Earlier arms were also ...  Read Full »
Dr. Potnuru Srinivaasa Sudhakar
Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may have cervical osteoarthritis. It is due to cervical spine degeneration. It is due to the wear and tear of cartilage and bones, which are present in the cervical spine. It causes chronic, severe pain and stiffness. Actually, it is age-related problem. Causes for...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Neck Collar? We have medical experts to help you right away.