Negative Thoughts

Related Terms: Anxiety, Depression, Hiv Testing, Unprotected Sex, Psychological Counselling, Urine Pregnancy Test, Pregnancy Test

Negative thoughts affect my studies since I entered puberty. Please advise.
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 17 year old girl. I am suffering from tension-like feeling about everything around me since I entered puberty. I have very very low power of decision making. All this has now affected my studies. Now, I am very worried about my studies. I do not know what to do. If I found my per...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, you need to reduce thinking so much about all these issues. Most of the issues resolve with time and on their own. Your priority should be studies only. Just focus on one thing at a time. Try to work hard and perform well. Once it improves, you will get so...  Read Full »

I get negative thoughts periodically. Is this a mental illness?
Query: Hello doctor,I am having repeated thoughts in my head from the last four months. This problem started at the age of 13, but on a periodic basis like three to six months. After that, it becomes normal. When I am in this phase, I have scary thoughts, feel like mind is racing, have wavering thoughts a...  Read Full »
Dr. Lisa Barros Mascarenhas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I wish to ask a few questions about it to clarify things. After how long does this episode recur? What is the content of your thoughts? Examples would be better. During the episodes: a) Do you get normal or less sleep? b) Do you feel very happy or angry? c) Do you lik...  Read Full »

Can masturbation cause negative thoughts?
Query: Hello doctor, I masturbate daily. I have problem of negative thoughts and going through little depression. Some links says that it is due to masturbation. I am already taking homeopathic medicine for my depression. Please suggest some medicine for depression. I am taking homeopathy medicines for the...  Read Full »
Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B
Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Masturbation will never cause these problems as you are having. Semen is produced daily. So, even if you do daily there is no harm. But, too much of anything is bad as you can utilize your time for something useful to you. You have not mentioned your age. I suggest ...  Read Full »

What is the reason for having negative thoughts and vivid dreams?
Query: Hi doctor, My father is 56 years old. He is having negative thoughts and talks about deaths, has a vivid dream with severe sleepiness. He is not enjoying anything which he enjoyed before. He has short-term memory loss. He has fatigue with increased appetite. He has little issue in breathing during ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your father may have PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder). It is less likely to be due to glioma. The symptoms of a vision problem and memory loss are due to gliomas. You can give him a small dose of antidepressants and Benzodiazepine for the sleep disturbances. You ca...  Read Full »

Why am I getting negative thoughts repeatedly?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old male. I am married. I am under stress and depression. I got married under a forceful pressure from my mother, despite me telling her to postpone it for few years. As I was very obedient to her, I succumbed to her demand for marriage. After six months of my marriage, my...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read each word of your query with keen interest and understand your concerns. First of all I like to inform you that there is ample evidence from the available history that you are suffering with depression. It is a common condition which starts when we need to dea...  Read Full »

Why do I get automatic negative thoughts regularly?
Query: Hello doctor, I am getting ANT (automatic negative thoughts) regularly. It is causing sleeplessness and stress. The problem started three months back. Everything looks negative, and everything I encounter seems wrong. Every time I do something, or I see something, negative images appear in my mind....  Read Full »
Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through all your explanations in detail. The closest cause of your problem is the effect of depression. It is not a major health disorder unless you take regular medication and follow-up. It is nothing to be stressed about. Regular medication, meditation, and...  Read Full »

I have lack of concentration, memory problems and negative thoughts. Please help
Query: Hello doctor, I have symptoms related to the mind and body. I have no clarity in thinking. I cannot make any decisions. Even if I do, the moment I make the decision, I get negative thoughts and a sudden jerk in my mind with a sensation of fear. Also, I have on and off memory issues. It appears fine ...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.I read your query with keen interest and understand your concerns. Regarding the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I like to comment on the following things. Your vitamin B12 deficiency is corrected. There is excessive vitamin B12 in yo...  Read Full »

Why do I keep getting a lot of negative thoughts about my health?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 47 year old healthy female. My problem is that I think too much and I get a lot of negative thoughts about my health throughout the day. I always feel that something is wrong with me. Apart from that I have a healthy lifestyle and go to the gym regularly. These thoughts keep oc...  Read Full »
Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. These kind of ruminations are quite common, especially in premenstrual period. The things that will help you are as follows. Meditate daily for at least half an hour in the morning. Daily write down whatever that comes to your mind uncensored and never read ...  Read Full »

Why do I have a constant feeling of anxiety and negative thoughts?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old female, and I am a doctor myself. I just graduated from college and got a job. I have this constant feeling of anxiety, and my heart rate does not seem to get lowered. I cannot shut my mind from worrying about what might happen in the future, I always think of the ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. A lot of individuals at your age suffer such anticipatory anxiety and stress about future. You are in a job and have anticipation about the things that are not going to happen. You are thinking about the worst scenario, not...  Read Full »

Please suggest a treatment for feeling sad and depressed all the time.
Query: Dear doctor, I am a 21 year old male. I feel quite sad and depressed. I do not even want to perform daily routine. My life is monotonous. I get a lot of negative thoughts. I am so lazy and feel like I do not want to live. I am weak and I lack concentration. I do not feel like going out of my house....  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Symptoms that are commonly present in a depressed patient are: Sad mood. Disturbance of sleep. Disturbance of appetite. Feeling of inappropriate guilt. Loss of interest in previously pleasurable activities. Loss of self-esteem. Hopelessness or worthlessness. L...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Negative Thoughts? We have medical experts to help you right away.