Nerve Impingement

Related Terms: Physiotherapy, Nerve Compression, Gabapentin, Pregabalin, Tens, Back Pain, Disc Prolapse

I feel numbness in penis. Is it due to nerve impingement?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26 year old male. My height is 190 cm and weight is 85 kg. I do exercise with weights regularly. I have noticed that I have reduced feeling in the skin on my shaft. I cannot feel normal touch, but I can feel the pain if I pinch it with my nails. To best describe it; it feels li...  Read Full »
Dr. Raman Tanwar
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a localized numbness that we are bothered with. Disease starting from this region without any other associated symptoms is quite rare and without them we may not think of a systemic pathology right away. Have you tried nerve tonics? I suggest back strength...  Read Full »

What can be the cause of pain in the upper back and neck?
Query: Hello doctor, I was advised to take Naproxen, Gabarich 300 mg and Pantop 40 mg for my upper back and neck pain. Can you please tell me if Gabarich is a painkiller and with what to substitute for Naproxen and Gabarich for pain in my upper back and neck? I must remind you that I am on antidepressants.  Read Full »
Dr. Ruth Agustin

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your complaints of upper back pain and neck pain point to a musculoskeletal cause, probably a muscular spasm. However, it would be prudent to check for other causes such as osteoarthritis and nerve impingement, initially through X-rays. Naproxen belongs to a family of ...  Read Full »

Having pain in left leg, burning sensation in left foot and numbness in the left foot. What it could be?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 46 year old woman with dull pain in left leg and heat sensation in left foot, which is on and off throughout the day. The problem has been there for the past two to three weeks. I do not recall any injury, which could have led to this problem. It just started suddenly. The heat s...  Read Full »
Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned heaviness in your left leg along with burning sensation, which we call as paresthesia. Also, you have mentioned that you have back stiffness since many years. So, I presume that there could be some nerve impingement and that may be causing these symp...  Read Full »

Suffering from insect biting like sensation on the index finger. What could be the reason?
Query: Hi doctor,My father is 71 years old. He had two stents ten years back. He has no BP or diabetes. From last 20 days, he is suffering from right index finger sensation like insect biting and then feels depression in right side chest like something release. It is not continuous. It is happening around ...  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Suresh Kulkarni

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Depending upon your description of the problem it seems most likely that your father is having some neurologically related problem regarding the affected area. Most commonly the nerves in the wrist might be the culprit especially a nerve known as a median nerve. The...  Read Full »

Why do I get thigh muscle numbness?
Query: Hi doctor, My uric acid in blood shoots up to 7.9. I do not have the problem or gout or kidney stones. How to reduce it? I have already started to drink lemon water the whole day. I have attached the photographs. I have only knee pain, which is at the backside of the knee while climbing up and down...  Read Full »
Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have stated that you do not have any symptoms suggestive of gout. There are ways to keep your uric acid value in low levels. General recommendations are as follows: Decreasing intake of red meat, alcohol, rice in your diet and other purine rich sources. Also incre...  Read Full »

Why is there pain behind breast that radiates to underarm?
Query: Hello doctor, I have undiagnosed chest or back pain which over the last 4 to 5 months has been getting increasingly worse. Full spinal MRI performed, have not seen the report but was told by the doctor that there was nothing there that would account for the pain. I would really appreciate a fresh p...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Following is the reply after viewing your images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Review of cervical spine MRI. In C2-C3 disc level, there is a mild left neural foraminal compromise. In C3-C4 and C4-C5 disc levels, there is minimal right and mild left ne...  Read Full »

My uncle has a wry neck which is tilted to the left side. How can he get better?
Query: Hello doctor,My 45 year old uncle has a wry neck which is bent to the left side since more than four months now. He has seen an orthopedician and a neurologist, but they have not found a proper diagnosis or solution.  Read Full »
Dr. Krishna Sunil Shah
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Wry neck (Torticollis) happens when there is an instability in the neck muscle causing (in this case), a weakness of the right side and a tightness of the left side thus leading to a left-side tilt in the neck. I would like to know if your uncle underwent any invest...  Read Full »

Do I have osteoarthritis?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. My BMI is normal. I am fairly active on my feet all day because of work and I used to walk instead of transport. I was a lot more active when I was younger. I used to dance for roughly 20 hours a week and swim five hours a week. Since I have got older and due to...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It does seem like osteoarthritis, but I would suggest ruling out rheumatological diseases as well and check vitamin D and repeat it. For your shoulder I would like to know how much is your range of motion.  Read Full »

How can I rule out ALS?
Query: Hi doctor, About five weeks ago, I started feeling some weakness in my left leg. I have consulted my family doctor and a neurologist. All physical tests showed no actual weakness. There were no other clinical signs and the reflexes were also normal. There is no activity or movement that I cannot do....  Read Full »
Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The various symptoms you have described are due to L5-S1 moderate broad left paracentral disc protrusion mildly distorted the anterior aspect of the thecal sac and abutting without displacing the traversing nerve roots. When a disc prolapses and compresses the spinal c...  Read Full »

What does my lower back MRI indicate?
Query: Hello doctor, I have had a lower back pain for the last couple of years. It all started after I lifted a stone at a cricket ground. A little amount of physiotherapy helped after the doctor's advice. I have consulted three doctors in two years and a doctor advised MRI this week. My doctor is out unti...  Read Full »
Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) is showing herniation of an intervertebral disc that is displaced from its position and impinging in the nerve. However, this is only an MRI...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Nerve Impingement? We have medical experts to help you right away.