Neuropathic Pain

Related Terms: Neuropathy, Pregabalin, Diabetes, Gabapentin, Peripheral Neuropathy, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Nerve Conduction Studies, Mri Spine

My friend is suffering from neuropathic pain after a thalamic stroke. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, My friend, who is a 48 years old female, suffered a CVA three years back. She was diagnosed with a right thalamic hemorrhagic stroke with pericardial effusion, left hemiparesis, autoimmune thyroiditis, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, ischemic unstable angina, grade 3 obesity, altered glucose...  Read Full »
Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thalamus is the part of the brain, through which all sensory information is relayed. After a stroke involving the thalamus, many times, the patient develops thalamic pain syndrome, which is very poorly responsive to medications. But as you told that it was relieved ...  Read Full »

Does taking Pregabalin for a long time cause increase in B12 levels?
Query: Hello doctor, I was taking Pregabalin for a long time. I got my blood test done and B12 has come 1993 pg/ml although the LFT and RFT are normal. Should I stop the intake of Pregabalin immediately and wait for fifteen days to get the B12 test once again?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pregabalin medication is used for neuropathic pain. It does not lead to the elevation of B12. So, you can continue with this medication. For high B12 level, you have already ruled out liver and kidney disease by their subsequent reports. So, I suggest you investigat...  Read Full »

I have a pinching pain in my arm, shoulder, palms and fingers. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, From the last two months, I have a pinching and wound-like pain in my left upper arm and shoulder. I also feel pain in my palm and fingers while bending, stretching or gripping.  Read Full »
Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have a neuropathic pain because of a nerve compression syndrome. I suggest the following medicines: Tablet Gabapentin forte (Gabapentin), half a tablet, twice a day. Tablet Zerodol TH 8 (a combination of Aceclofenac and Thiocolchicoside) once a day, in the...  Read Full »

I have neck spasm and difficulty in walking. Please help.
Query: Hello, I weigh 39 kg and I am 31 years old. I have lost two kilograms in the last two months. I am having spasm in the neck since 2 months. It started when I had sudden sneezing and was not able to move the neck soon after that. Neck movements got restricted. I consulted a doctor and took tablet...  Read Full »
Dr. Amit Arora

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Whole event started with a sneezing after which you developed muscular spasm in the neck. You took pregabalin for neuropathic pain but due to its side effect you discontinued.  After that you had physiotherapy and developed other neurological symptoms and you...  Read Full »

Please explain the presentation of DVT.
Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old healthy female. All day today, I have had sharp pain in one tiny spot on my left hand. There is a tiny red mark that looks like a scratch, but it is not. It is not warm, but the pain is also spreading to my arm. I have also had the same type of pain in both my legs and...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.DVT - deep vein thrombosis classically presents as sharp, unilateral limb pain with swelling, redness and extreme pain especially if someone tries to squeeze it.What you are explaining here is neuropathic pain. Your BMI is not low, but is on the lower side of the range ...  Read Full »

My fingers are numb and my feet have a burning sensation. What could it be?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19-year-old male. A week ago my thumb became numb below the fingernail. It was numb for two days and this went away. Now my left middle finger and the ring finger are numb and my right thumb feels sore. I also have a burning sensation in the feet, sometimes it feels like t...  Read Full »
Dr. Nazma Parveen

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your question and I would like to tell you that peripheral neuropathy can happen in a patient with diabetes which does present in the form of burning sensation in the feet and neuropathic pain. At your age, type 1 diabetes that is insulin-depende...  Read Full »

Can ulnar nerve relocation surgery be the reason for my wrist pain?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing pain in my left wrist for a month now. I had x-rays and a CT scan showing normal, but the pain continues. A few years back, I had ulnar nerve relocation surgery from a fall on ice in the same arm. Could the nerve be the reason I am having this wrist issue?  Read Full »
Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned pain in your wrist region for a month now. Also, you have mentioned previous ulnar nerve transposition surgery. Since your pain is localized to your wrist region, it seems unlikely that your ulnar nerve is involved because neuropathic pain is usua...  Read Full »

Why do I feel sudden chest discomfort and breathlessness?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a girl of 20. My height is 167 cm and weight is 75 kg. Over the past one week, I am having high discomfort and pain in my right chest when I breathe. The pain radiates to the right shoulder and right arm too. When I sneeze or blow my nose up, the pain is severe. I cannot explain this...  Read Full »
Dr. Kartik Sood
Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have a history of frequent chest infections in the past, which were associated with wheezing, secretions and fever as well, I would suggest you to consult a pulmonologist or a chest physician in person. Your symptom of chest pain, which increases on deep respiratio...  Read Full »

Is there any medicine to treat cramps in legs and hands?
Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 80 years old. Height 5", weight 40 Kg. No history of sugar or BP. The respiratory system is normal. Diet is normal, two or three chapatis. She is suffering from cramp in legs and hands for the last one year. She is advised for Methylcobalamin 1500 OD with Becozinc multivi...  Read Full »
Dr. Magesh T
General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read about your mother's complaint. I would advise you to have a basic blood investigation to look for serum potassium level. If potassium is low, she will need extra potassium in her diet like tender coconut water and other dietary supplementation. You will also requir...  Read Full »

I have discomfort and pain during ejaculation. Could it be due to prostatitis?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having a discomfort and mild pain during ejaculation. I was diagnosed as having chronic prostatitis with seminal vesiculitis, and I was put on Quinolones for three months and an alpha-blocker (Alfuzosin) for five months. The urinary symptoms completely resolved, but discomfort and...  Read Full »
Dr. Devendra
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As your urinary symptoms have resolved, and pain during ejaculation is localized to the inguinal region, it is very likely to be a muscular pain of the cremaster. This muscle suspends the testis, and contracts during ejaculation, more strongly in young men. Tthe pain...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Neuropathic Pain? We have medical experts to help you right away.