Nipple Changes

How To Detect Breast Cancer?

Article Overview: This article discusses how to detect breast cancer through self-examination and mammogram test. Read Article »

Dr. Gowrimeena

Medical Oncologist

Breast cancer is now emerging as one of the leading causes of death in women. Unfortunately, we do not have any vaccines to prevent it. The lumps may be painless, so patients may delay the visit to the doctor. A breast lump may be benign (simple or innocent) or malignant (cancer). Early Detection I ... Read Article »

I have Li-Fraumeni Syndrome. Should I be concerned about this nipple pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have Li Fraumeni Syndrome which greatly increases my chances of cancer. I have regular various annual screenings. I had a breast MRI three months back and the report (which I do not have) stated that the contrast seemed to 'pool' in one place. The doctor said he was not overly conce...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Paget's disease mostly involves nipple and later spread to areola, but it can also involve areola only. It is possible that areola is involved and the nipple is swollen. Many cases of Paget's disease do have lump below the nipple or some cancerous lesion. Is this les...  Read Full »

I have a sharp stabbing pain inside my breast.My mom has breast cancer.Do I have cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old female. A few days ago I noticed that my left breast was very tender. Yesterday morning I started feeling sharp stabbing pain inside my breast near the nipple every hour or so. Yesterday night I started to feel the pain 10 times worse and more frequently. I also not...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Invasive ductal carcinoma at 18 years of age is unlikely even though you have a history in family recently. The pain in the left nipple area which had a sudden onset in last few days and have been decreasing with a localised redness around nipple goes more in favour...  Read Full »

I am a 26 year old male. My chest is developing into breast and it looks very weird on me.

Query: Dear Doctor, I am a 26 year old male. From the age of 13, my chest is developing into breast and it looks very weird on me. I feel like, I have gynecomastia. I feel very upset. Please help me with a cure for this.  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not worry. There are a lot of options for treating your problem. Check all these before you consult a doctor: You have to check whether there is a separate lump or general enlargement of the chest. And whether the enlargement is on both the sides. Check whether ...  Read Full »

Please explain about the physical findings and pathophysiology observed in breast cancer.

Query: Hi doctor, What are the physical findings seen in breast cancer? Please explain about the pathophysiology observed in breast cancer.  Read Full »

Dr. Shravana Kumar Chinnikatti

Radiation Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These are the physical findings found in breast cancer. There can be a painless lump or a change in breast size, skin changes, nipple inversion, nipple abnormalities or discharge, and axillary lump. The pathophysiology shows damage to DNA, and genetic changes lead to br...  Read Full »

There is a hard lump under the nipple. I am afraid of breast cancer. How to proceed further?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old female. I found a quarter-sized hard nonmobile lump under my nipple a day ago. Is that an usual spot to get breast cancer?  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.It is usually uncommon to have breast cancer in this age group. It looks most likely a benign breast lesion or a localized infection.You have not given many details about this lump such as skin or nipple color change, any nipple discharge, whether you are married/unmarried ...  Read Full »

What do you think about drinking water from copper vessels?

Query: Hello doctor, I read about the ancient practice of drinking water from copper vessels. Is it really good for health? My 3 year old son has wheezing and respiratory problems. Also, once he was admitted to hospital for sepsis. He is using the Foracort inhaler twice a day and Zincovit syrup once a day....  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. Our elders and seers advise us to take water stored in a copper vessel, and scientifically it has been proven too. Copper has antibacterial, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties. So, you can take water stored in a copper vessel and giv...  Read Full »

Suspicious cancer in my breast scanning report. What are the symptoms of breast cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, Suspicious cancer in my breast scanning report. What are the symptoms of breast cancer? The report mentioned there is a relatively well defined hypoechoic mass with small calcifications at periphery. There is no necrosis. Suspicious cancer. No enlarged axillary node. BI-RADS 5.  Read Full »

Dr. Jatin Bhatia

Radiation Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at this report, the suspicious finding needs to be evaluated further (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You need to do the following things. 1. Consult a breast surgeon or an oncologist, who takes complete history such as since when these symp...  Read Full »

What are the small clustered cystic areas seen in the left breast.

Query: Hello doctor, I have multiple small clustered cystic areas seen in the left breast.  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nothing to worry about. Multiple small clustered lesions are benign (non-cancerous) cystic lesions. But you should do a baseline bilateral mammogram screening also (if not done early) and enroll in a breast screening clinic and a follow up every six monthly or yearly as...  Read Full »

My nipples are hurt very badly. How long will it take to become normal?

Query: Hi doctor, My partner pressed my nipples very hard multiple times. It was very rough. My nipples are hurt very badly. I am facing a huge amount of pain in my nipples. Is this a serious issue or just normal? Please answer I am very much tensed. How long will it take to become normal?  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your worries and this pain is all natural, due to intimate circumstances observed with your partner. It will resolve soon with time and may take a couple of days to a week for the pain to vanish. But, if it is unbearable, you can take Tablet Acetaminoph...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.

Ask a Specialist Now

Get Expert advice/consultation in 3 steps
1
Describe your health issue
2
Upload documents
3
Pay consultation fee