Nt Scan

Related Terms: Amniocentesis, Double Marker, Down's Syndrome, Trisomy 21, Antenatal Ultrasonography, Pregnancy, Markers Of Down's Syndrome

NT scan shows placenta is fundo posterior lower edge reaching internal os. Can I travel?
Query: Hi doctor, Our 12 weeks NT scan indicates developing placenta is fundo posterior lower edge reaching internal OS. The doctor advised 30 days complete bed rest. I need your opinion on the same case and also doing an ultrasound scan after two weeks. This scan was done 10 days back and since then I am...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. At 12 weeks gestation with placenta fundo-posterior with lower edge reaching internal is a fairly acceptable finding for early pregnancy. It does not really call for bed rest if there has been no episode of any bleeding per vaginum. The safest distance of placenta is...  Read Full »

My NT scan report showed a thickness of 3 to 5 mm. Is this a case of high-risk pregnancy?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33 year old female, who has a 5 year old baby girl. I had two miscarriages, one two years back at 11 weeks, and one last year at nine weeks. Now, I am three months pregnant, and I had a NT scan, which showed a thickness of 3 to 5 mm. Is this a case of high-risk pregnancy? Doe...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Let me put forth few facts. Your age is in normal limits and not in high-risk for anomalies or genetic problem. Only after 37 to 40 years it is high-risk. You do not seem to have any medical complications. You have one 5 year old child, so the cha...  Read Full »

After NT scan, now the doctor has advised double marker test. Is there a high risk?
Query: Hello doctor,My wife is 28 years old and is in her 13th week of pregnancy. We had an NT test a couple of days back. The NT was 1.7mm. Trisomy 21 had an adjusted scale of 1:3428. Our doctor has advised us to go for a double marker test. The results will be out in two to three days. Is a risk of 1 in ...  Read Full »
Dr. Shalaka Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The NT (nuchal translucency) test and double marker are dependent on each other. A risk of 1 in 3428 is not considered high. You have been asked to go for a blood test so as to conclude the results, as only NT test is not sufficient. For the double marker, NT measureme...  Read Full »

Are my NT scan and dual marker test showing any risk in pregnancy?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years and in my 13th week of pregnancy. This is my first pregnancy and acheived through ICSI. I had my NT scan and dual marker test was done a week back. The results for the same are NT: 1.10 mm, CRL: 68.2 mm, PAPP-A: 0.18 MOM/0.66 mIU/ml, free beta-hCG: 46.5 ng/ml. I have bee...  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your previous obstetric, gynecology, medical, and drug history matters. Have you been on folic acid daily? If you had any medical issue, was it treated and checked properly? Your nuchal translucency is normal. PAPPA more than 0.5 MOM is normal but you have 0.18. It is les...  Read Full »

Do my wife's NT scan and double marker test results show a high risk for Down's syndrome?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife had NT scan and double marker test at 12 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. The report is as follows, CRL is 59.2 mm, NT is 1.45 mm, free beta-hCG is 84.84 IU/L, equivalent to 2.217 MoM and PAPP-A 0.712 IU/L equivalent to 0.282 MoM. Trisomy 21 is 1: 450 1:47 and trisomy 18 is 1: 5315...  Read Full »
Dr. Deepti Verma
Fetal Medicine Specialist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.I have read your question and understand the concerns.The report is showing a high risk for trisomy 21 or Down's syndrome. This first-trimester screening is 95 % sensitive, hence, if the risk is positive, then the amniocentesis should be done to confirm the fetal karyotyp...  Read Full »

NT scan and double marker blood test
Query: Hi doctor, I am 12 weeks 5 days pregnant. I got my NT scan and double marker blood test results. NT value 1.1 mm, free b-hCG 1.52 MOM, PAPP-A 0.37 MOM, trisomy 21+NT risk 1:1132, trisomy 21 1:169, trisomy 13/18+NT. In urine culture, there is no significant growth observed after 48 hours. I am curre...  Read Full »
Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the report completely (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your report is normal and there is no need to worry. If you want a detailed explanation about the report, then here you go. There are some genetic syndromes, which are happening worl...  Read Full »

Can you go through my NT scan and double marker reports and tell me if I am risk?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old female. I am 12 weeks pregnant. I have received my NT scan and double marker reports. Below are the details: NT 0.70 mm, trisomy 21 and NT 1:675, trisomy 13/18.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Let me start by saying that you and your baby are absolutely fine. First of all, 31 years is not at all a risk factor. Only after 35 years, the risk of these genetic problems increases a lot, much more after 40 years. These factors are calculated usi...  Read Full »

What is your opinion about my NT scan and double marker test?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 12 weeks 3 days pregnant. I got my NT scan and double marker blood test results. NT value 1.7 mm at CRL of 52.6 mm, free beta hCG 1.29 MOM, PAPP-A 0.37 MOM, trisomy 21+NT risk 1:513, trisomy 21 1:214 and trisomy 13/18+NT. What is your opinion?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The NT value (nuchal translucency) is normal as it is less than 2.5 mm, but the overall trisomy 21 risks being 1:214 and together risk 1:513. This ideally calls for a quadruple test after one week. If the cut-off bar in the graph is over the cut-off line, then it calls...  Read Full »

Can you please help me interpret my NT scan report?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 44-year-old female. After my three miscarriages, I am 13 weeks pregnant now with IVF treatment. I have got my NT scan with double marker blood test. The results are as follows: Biochemical Trisomy 22 risk: 1:249, combined Trisomy 21 risk. Using NT & Other parameters: 1:946...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The NT (nuchal translucency) scan levels of nuchal translucency are normal with NT < 2.5 mm. However biochemical trisomy 21 risk is high but the combined NT+ biochemical risk is low at 1:946. You may upload the picture of the cutoff graph for a convincing opinio...  Read Full »

I am 12 weeks pregnant, and my NT scan showed 3 mm thickness. Should I redo the scan?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a healthy 41 year old woman, and I am 12 weeks pregnant for the first time. The results of my NIPT harmony test indicated no risk for trisomy 21, 18, and 13. The results of my blood test and NT scan showed that everything was normal except the nuchal fold thickness was 3 mm. This ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I would like to congratulate you on starting this beautiful journey, being a mom of two, I understand your concerns. Here is what I would suggest. Wait till the 18th week to get the anatomical screening. And it has to be checked by a cardiologist. There is...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Nt Scan? We have medical experts to help you right away.