Nutrition Facts

Related Terms: Diet And Lifestyle, Balanced Diet, Foods To Lose Weight, How To Lose Weight, Protein Rich Diet, Weight Loss, Obesity

What are the health benefits and nutrition facts of Palmyra (aka Nungu) Fruit?
Query: Hi doctor, What are the health benefits and nutrition facts of Palmyra fruit Nungu Fruit)?  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all I would like to thank you for asking such a good question. The Asian Palmyra palm or Sugar palm tree is full of healthy stuff. The health benefits of the fruit areas follows. It is a natural coolant for the body. It is known to contain Vitamins A, B-complex...  Read Full »

Our Propoints Weight Watchers Calculator is an elite tool designed to aid people to lose those extra pounds and ameliorate their body weight. Food point values are assigned to each macro nutrients using the calorie indices. The final entity which is got by adding all the separate entities is the propoints. The main principle of this tool is to chart out an accurate weight loss plan thereby keeping …

Read Full »

Mindful Shopping of Food in Grocery Stores
Article Overview: In an era of heavy commercialization of food, a big chunk of the raw materials we use to prepare food at home, are now made in factories and sold to us through glamorous advertisements and colorful displays in grocery stores. In this article, we will examine how safe they are and which ones we should watch out for.  Read Article »
Dr. Vishal Wadi
Nutritionist

With every passing day, we are increasingly buying readymade foodstuffs from the market, owing to the scarcity of time to cook at home. Frequently, both men and women are working shoulder to shoulder outside homes and cooking at home is taking a backseat. In such times, processed foods in grocery an ...  Read Article »

Is it true that dairy products are not good for us? Are the alternatives healthy?
Query: Hello doctor,Should we buy into the idea that dairy is not so great for us? Are the alternatives as healthy as we are led to believe? What about the option of just giving up milk and not trying to replace it with anything, is that a good idea? Do you have advice on choosing the best milk alternative...  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The idea of quitting dairy is quite controversial. There is a lot of debate on this topic. If you are giving up milk products, you might have to replace it with some other form of protein like sprouts, nuts, etc. The alternatives to milk these days are soy milk, alm...  Read Full »

Is multigrain cereal a healthier option than the regular ones?
Query: Hi doctor,I was just wondering. I like cereal and I try to go with a healthier option that still tastes good. So I found multigrain Cheerios and I thought they would be a healthier alternative to something like Froot Loops, Lucky Charms, and other sugary cereals. I know there are healthier options l...  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. When it comes to the content of sugar or high fructose corn syrup or chemicals, multigrain cheerios has it in the same amount as the normal one. Another good habit to follow is to eat one grain in a meal. For example, You should not be eating rice and wheat together...  Read Full »

What is the best time to eat fruits?
Query: Hello doctor, I want to add raw onions, raw garlic, banana, pomegranate, dates, raisins with water, turmeric powder with water, lemon with peel etc., to my diet. Please suggest me the best time of the day to eat these.  Read Full »
Dr. Sarah M Alhennawy
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Many studies conducted on the properties of garlic show that eating it on an empty stomach makes it a powerful natural antibiotic. The best practice for onions consists of chopping or crushing them five to 15 minutes prior to eating them. The best time to eat fruits i...  Read Full »

Health Benefits from Eating Eggs
Article Overview: Egg protein has the highest nutritive quality as compared to any other dietary protein. An egg is said to be a complete food because of its nutritional benefits, such as vitamins, minerals, proteins, best quality of fat, etc.  Read Article »
Dr. Durga Kumari
Nutritionist

Who does not know the benefits of an egg? I think everyone is familiar with this nutritious white diamond of the food group. It is a rich source of all nutrients except vitamin C (ascorbic acid). An egg of 50 g weight contains the following: Calorie - 85. Protein - 6.5 g (13 % of RDA). Fat - 6. ...  Read Article »

Tips to Losing and Maintaining a Healthy Weight
Article Overview: This article talks about foods that can help you lose weight and maintain it and also regarding how you can exercise effectively for weight loss.  Read Article »
Dr. Isaac Gana
Fitness Expert

What to Eat A simple tip is to eat fruits, vegetables, and whole nuts before every meal. This makes it impossible for us to consume a large meal portion all at once. Fruits or vegetables in the form of salads, aid in digestion and help prevent constipation, thereby preventing bloating. It is most i ...  Read Article »

Article Overview: Through proper nutrition and lifestyle modifications, we can easily reduce the risk of many diseases and spend a long and healthy life.  Read Article »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Everyone wants a healthy life and strong body that may fight with infections and wear and tear phenomenon of life as age advances. Diet and nutrition is the vital part of our daily life. When we eat healthy, we definitely get our teeth and bones strengthened and the risks of diseases that ...  Read Article »

The 25th week pregnancy scan showed oligohydramnios and IUGR. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 31 weeks and two days pregnant. I had an ultrasound at 20 weeks, and everything was normal. However, with time, I noticed there was little or no movement, and the baby's movement was more like a ball rolling in a difficult position. So, my doctor sent me for an ultrasound at the thir...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me put forth few facts about pregnancy and baby growth. The growth of the baby is progressive, but if it stops at some stage, that amount of growth cannot be regained. Some reason has been missed by the doctor during the pregnancy monitoring. There could be many...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Nutrition Facts? We have medical experts to help you right away.