Obstructive Azoospermia

Can I have a biological child with my husband if he has azoospermia?

Query: Hi doctor, I am trying to conceive for one and a half years, but we got a huge shock when we did the tests. All my reports were normal, but my husband has azoospermia. We just do not know what to do. He does not smoke or drink and leads a healthy life. Then, why did he get this? Can I conceive nat...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. He is suffering from non-obstructive azoospermia. It can happen to anyone not only those who smoke or drink. There are many other reasons. 50 percent of azoospermic men can have their own child. But, firstly, the cause of azoospermia should be ...  Read Full »

The semen analysis report shows azoospermia. How to proceed further?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband's semen analysis result shows azoospermia. We done it twice and the result remains the same. What shall we do?  Read Full »

Dr. Gopinath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Azoospermia was confirmed by two reports. So, kindly have him examined by an andrologist. He has to be examined for secondary sexual features, testes size and presence of gas. His FSH levels (follicle-stimulating hormone) must be checked too. By doing these we would be...  Read Full »

My husband has azoospermia. Please suggest what to do.

Query: Hi doctor,My husband is suffering from azoospermia. I do not know what to do. I do not know any good infertility center and specialized doctor. I want a biological child only. Please suggest what to do. How can I come to know whether it is obstructive or non-obstructive? Please reply. He has hard pi...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any report of your husband? Smoking, cocaine and other recreational drugs and few other medicines like anti-cancerous can affect male fertility. It is better to quit all recreational drugs. If he has been treated for any disease better to have full assessment a...  Read Full »

Can a Man Father a Child Without Any Sperm in His Semen?

Article Overview: Even men without sperms in semen can father their child using recent technologies like Micro-TESE performed by an andrologist. Read Article »

Dr. Raguram Ganesamoni

Andrologist

What Is Azoospermia? About 1% of males in general population suffer from azoospermia or lack of sperms in semen. Azoospermia can be due to either a block in reproductive tract (Obstructive Azoospermia) or lack of production in the testis (Non-obstructive Azoospermia). Usually it is diagnosed when a ... Read Article »

Is it possible to cure a zero sperm count?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old male and my wife is 28 years old. I have been suffering from azoospermia and have been in touch with different doctors for the last eight to 10 months. I have done many tests and everyone is ending up with a suggestion of testicular biopsy. My wife is not in f...  Read Full »

Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and reviewed the attached reports of USG and semen analysis (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As there is azoospermia, I cannot comment on your chances, unless there is a possibility of sperm retrieval from the testis. This is possibl...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.

Ask a Specialist Now

Get Expert advice/consultation in 3 steps
1
Describe your health issue
2
Upload documents
3
Pay consultation fee