Oct

Are OCT results related with light sensitivity?

Query: Hi doctor, Since 5 years, I have significant floater 3 to 4 numbers in both eyes. I have mild light sensitivity photophobia. I was on stress medicine Escitalopram (Cipralex) 10 mg, an SSRI, for the past 5 years and presently not taking any medicine. Perimetry and eye pressure done regularly eve...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. At the outset I want to assure you that, after going through your history and the OCT results (attachment removed to protect patient identity) there is no possibility of any threat to your vision. Photophobia is caused by some inflammation in the front part of the e...  Read Full »

My OCT shows nerve fiber and ganglion cell thinning. Do I have angle-closure glaucoma?

Query: Hello doctor,I concern that I have angle-closure glaucoma. I took a strong sleeping pill called Trazodone one night and woke up with a decreased vision in the right eye. My left eye became bad three weeks later. It has now been three months with no improvement. Fundus and other clinical examinations...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your reports with patience. OCT (optical coherence tomography) of optic nerve head is normal. Your vision, color vision, visual field, and intraocular pressure are normal. I do not think you have any glaucoma. Please feel free to ask your queries.   Read Full »

Please advise the treatment for my mother's eye problem from the OCT report.

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 60 years old. She has diabetes and high blood pressure for the past 10 years. Recently, her vision in the right eye was deteriorated. Her doctor did retina OCT and fluorescein angiography. I consulted two other doctors. The first one said that she needs three doses of Luce...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your mother seems to have BRVO (branch retinal vein occlusion) with macular edema. The treatment is two-fold. The treatment of the eye. Control of systemic conditions like blood pressure and ...  Read Full »

I had solar retinopathy in the past. Should I get my eyes checked frequently?

Query: Hello doctor, I had been diagnosed with solar retinopathy. I went for an eye exam and the OCT results came up great. However, I am worried about the prevalence of it popping up when I least expect it. The retina looks fine. Should I take heart in knowing that I am fine or be vigilant and continue...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the OCT (optical coherence tomography) and retina are fine, then there is no issue as a long-term effect is less likely. Also, an immediate effect is seen and the layers, particularly the photoreceptor layer is affected. In some percentage of patients, I have seen ...  Read Full »

I have floaters. Should I worry about my vision?

Query: Hi doctor, I have eye floaters. There is no family history of glaucoma. I do not smoke or drink and also not eating non-vegetarian foods at present. My eye pressure in both the eyes are 18 to 20 mmHg. My floater eight years ago after severe eye infection from welding light radiation. There is no OVD...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked your OCT - optical coherence tomography report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and it appears normal. You have not mentioned your vision? If your vision is also normal, then I think your eyes are healthy. Floaters can also be innocent floa...  Read Full »

Is it recommended to do optic nerve sheath fenestration after VP shunt surgery?

Query: Hello doctor,My sister suffered intracranial hypertension six months back and she became blind a few weeks after. A lot was done (lumbar puncture, etc.) to bring back her vision but in vain. Recently she has had VP shunt surgery and there is another plan to do optic nerve sheath fenestration. I woul...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the scans and the VEP (visual evoked potential) report you have sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In the OCT (optical coherence tomography) the optic nerve heads do seem bulged out. Was an MRI done? VP (ventriculoperitoneal) shunt surger...  Read Full »

Having ocular hypertension,will it lead to glaucoma? Is there a risk of blindness?

Query: Hello, I would like to have a remote eye view on a question related to glaucoma. I am 35 years old and I am being followed for 5 years for ocular hypertension. I have between 23 and 26 mmHg by applanation tonometer. My field of vision is good. Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) examinations are good...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your history. It seems from the history that you are having ocular hypertension. Since the results of visual field, optic disc changes and OCT are normal, there is no glaucoma. But treatment of ocular hypertension is necessary for you to prevent developmen...  Read Full »

Are loss of sharp clarity and blurred vision the symptoms of macular degeneration?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old female. I have been experiencing unusual vision problems. I have lost sharp clarity, and I had an OCT which showed thinning of ganglion cells in my maculas. Other clinical results looked normal. But I am scared that I have damaged my eyes because it seems things are...  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing these symptoms, but hopefully, we can get them resolved or attended to. Unfortunately, I cannot assess the OCT because you only attached the doctor's conclusion (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and not the ...  Read Full »

Cataract in one eye and solar burn in other. Does solar burn occur in one eye?

Query: Hi doctor, My father who is 56 years old, observed reduced visibility since 8 months. On consulting a doctor, he found cataract in one eye and solar burn in the other. Does solar burn occur in one eye?  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Solar retinopathy is due to exposure to radiations from sun. It mostly affects both eyes but in some patients only one eye may be affected. I advise you to consult a local eye specialist and get fundus fluorescein angiography (FFA) and optical coherence tomography (OC...  Read Full »

Can you diagnose the type of glaucoma from the iris scan?

Query: Hello doctor,I have glaucoma. Last week, I had an iris scan (USG). From the iris scan, are you able to diagnose whether it is an open angle, narrow-angle or closed angle? Currently, I am taking Timolol with Latanoprost eye drops.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the scans (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your angles seem open. But we cannot diagnose glaucoma based on this investigation alone. Here is a list of investigation that you have to get done. Applanation tonometry to check the pressure. Pachyme...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.

Ask a Specialist Now

Get Expert advice/consultation in 3 steps
1
Describe your health issue
2
Upload documents
3
Pay consultation fee