Ofloxacin

Related Terms: Ornidazole, Norfloxacin, Ors, Diarrhea, Ondansetron, Loose Stool, Gastroenteritis

What is the dose and duration for ofloxacin in infants?
Query: Hi, Please let me know the dose and duration for ofloxacin in infants with authentic studies.  Read Full »
Dr. E Venkata Ramana
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query on icliniq. There is no authentic data of studies on the safety of ofloxacin in infants. But the dosage is 15mg/kg/day in two divided doses orally. It is being given in infants below the age of 1 year in routine practice in some selected infections such as urinary tract ...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Ofloxacin for body and penile irritation?
Query: Hi doctor, I have body irritation and irritation in the penile area. I have body weakness and pain in the back and waist. I have a mild fever and malaise. Please go through my reports. Suggest me a suitable treatment plan. I want to know an answer. Is it safe to take Ofloxacin 400 mg for a longer t...  Read Full »
Dr. Sreejith Mg
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Based on the reports, it is probably prostatitis. If there is no improvement with a short course of antibiotics, then it can be chronic prostatitis or recurring prostatitis. In such cas...  Read Full »

Is it safe to use Oflox OZ in an infant for severe loose stools?
Query: Hello doctor, My kid is 11 months old and he had more than 20 loose motions in one day today. He has never had this kind of a severe problem. In his bad days, he might have had 10 motions but they were not as loose and watery as today. He is currently on Taxim O, Sporlac, and En...  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The probable cause is acute diarrhea. Use of Oflox OZ (Ofloxacin and Ornidazole) is safe. But, this is not required in the care of diarrhea unless it is complicated. The treatment plan is: ORS (oral rehydration salts) 100 mL per loose stool. Zinc sy...  Read Full »

My son throws up every time he has milk. Please suggest a treatment.
Query: Hello doctor, My son is three and a half years old. From the past 12 days, he vomits four or five minutes after drinking milk. This happens only in the mornings. He is fine if he drinks it at night. Please suggest a cure.  Read Full »
Dr. Deepak Patel
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest the following medicines: Syrup Oflomac-M (a combination of Ofloxacin and Metronidazole), 4 ml three times a day for three days to be taken half an hour after meals. Syrup Ondem (Ondansetron) 4 ml three times a day for three days to be taken half an hour befo...  Read Full »

Can I use Terbinaforce Plus cream for ringworm?
Query: Hi doctor, I am having ring like patches all over the body for the past five months. I have itching all over the body including private parts and now it spreads to face as well. I had Griseofulvin tablets, Liv-Cet-5 twice daily and Terbinaforce Plus cream for the last 2 months. But, it did not cure ...  Read Full »
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should not have used Terbinaforce plus cream (combination of Clobetasol propionate, Ofloxacin, Ornidazole and Terbinafine) as it contains Clobetasol which is a steroid. It aggravates fungal infection and does not get it cured. You should take capsule Itraconazole 100 ...  Read Full »

I have nausea, loss of appetite and stomach pain. How to get better?
Query: Hello doctor,I have been nauseous for nine days. I am traveling to a different state. I am feeling full since the last one day. Then I lost my appetite. It came out of the blue. Then I started having diarrhea, not straight on, but it will skip days. Then the day before yesterday, I had a half brown ...  Read Full »
Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have an infection causing diarrhea. I suggest the following medicines: Tablet O2 (Ofloxacin and Ornidazole) twice a day for five days after food. Tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg Domperidone 10 mg twice a day for five days before food. Enterogermina (spores of ...  Read Full »

What is the cure for loose motions?
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from loose motions since last three days. I have visited a doctor. He advised me Oflox 200, Entroquinol and Deulac forte for three days. I have taken the medicines as prescribed until today but even then they have not reduced. I am traveling, so it is difficult for me. ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since there is no response, you need to change the medicines. You should have Oflox OZ (Ofloxacin and Ornidazole) 200 mg or 500 mg twice a day for five days along with tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg before breakfast for five days. Also, for symptomatic relief, you should ...  Read Full »

How to treat itchy bumps on my vagina?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old unmarried female. From last one year, I have been suffering from vaginal infection. A few small bumps have grown inside the skin of the vagina. Sometimes, I feel itching inside it. I am sexually active with my fiance. I have consulted a specialist. She told me due t...  Read Full »
Dr. Sonal Prasad

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears to be a contact dermatitis superadded on the warts. Use Panderm cream (combination of Ornidazole, Clobetasol, Terbinafine and Ofloxacin) on the affected area twice a day for 15 days. Also, put Clingen forte vaginal pessary (combination of Clotrimazole, ...  Read Full »

Why am I vomiting after having food?
Query: Hi doctor, I am vomiting after eating for the last six days. What to do? I visited my doctor and he prescribed me tablets and gave injection also. I feel weak and my temperature is quite high.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. This could be a stomach infection. I would suggest in such case an antibiotic containing Ofloxacin and Ornidazole along with anti-emetic like Ondansetron. Also, I suggest to add up a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone along. Take soft an...  Read Full »

For uncontrolled diabetes, is Glycomet-GP2 better than Glycomet-GP3?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a medical student doing my internship. My father has been suffering from fever since seven days up to 101 F. I have given him Ofloxacin 200 mg 2 times a day. But, the cause of the fever is unknown. All the blood reports are negative. He is a known diabetic since 20 years and his bloo...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your father is having continuous fever for seven days with negative blood reports then probably a detailed evaluation is required. Tablet Ofloxacin is a broad spectrum antibiotic against most bacterial infections and if his fever is not improving and blood culture ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Ofloxacin? We have medical experts to help you right away.