Ornidazole

Related Terms: Ofloxacin, Tinidazole, Diarrhea, Ors, Gastroenteritis, Loose Stool, Oral Rehydration Salts

I am allergic to Ornidazole. Can I take Imodium for loose motions?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from loose motions for the last one month. I have to go about three to four times a day and every time it is semisolid, with some liquids, and leave me in itching or burning in the anus. Initially, doctor gave me Zifi-O due to which I got balanitis. So, on the third day I j...  Read Full »
Dr. Saumya Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms of the query are quite suggestive of acute gastroenteritis. I suggest you to take the following: Take plenty of fluids and oral rehydration salt sachets (ORS). Take Multivitamins course once a day and Probiotics twice a day. For further queries consult an...  Read Full »

Is it safe to use Oflox OZ in an infant for severe loose stools?
Query: Hello doctor, My kid is 11 months old and he had more than 20 loose motions in one day today. He has never had this kind of a severe problem. In his bad days, he might have had 10 motions but they were not as loose and watery as today. He is currently on Taxim O, Sporlac, and En...  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The probable cause is acute diarrhea. Use of Oflox OZ (Ofloxacin and Ornidazole) is safe. But, this is not required in the care of diarrhea unless it is complicated. The treatment plan is: ORS (oral rehydration salts) 100 mL per loose stool. Zinc sy...  Read Full »

Can I use Terbinaforce Plus cream for ringworm?
Query: Hi doctor, I am having ring like patches all over the body for the past five months. I have itching all over the body including private parts and now it spreads to face as well. I had Griseofulvin tablets, Liv-Cet-5 twice daily and Terbinaforce Plus cream for the last 2 months. But, it did not cure...  Read Full »
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should not have used Terbinaforce plus cream (combination of Clobetasol propionate, Ofloxacin, Ornidazole and Terbinafine) as it contains Clobetasol which is a steroid. It aggravates fungal infection and does not get it cured. You should take capsule Itracona...  Read Full »

I have nausea, loss of appetite and stomach pain. How to get better?
Query: Hello doctor,I have been nauseous for nine days. I am traveling to a different state. I am feeling full since the last one day. Then I lost my appetite. It came out of the blue. Then I started having diarrhea, not straight on, but it will skip days. Then the day before yesterday, I had a half brown ...  Read Full »
Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have an infection causing diarrhea. I suggest the following medicines: Tablet O2 (Ofloxacin and Ornidazole) twice a day for five days after food. Tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg Domperidone 10 mg twice a day for five days before food. Enterogermina (spores of ...  Read Full »

How to treat itchy bumps on my vagina?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old unmarried female. From last one year, I have been suffering from vaginal infection. A few small bumps have grown inside the skin of the vagina. Sometimes, I feel itching inside it. I am sexually active with my fiance. I have consulted a specialist. She told me due t...  Read Full »
Dr. Sonal Prasad

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears to be a contact dermatitis superadded on the warts. Use Panderm cream (combination of Ornidazole, Clobetasol, Terbinafine and Ofloxacin) on the affected area twice a day for 15 days. Also, put Clingen forte vaginal pessary (combination of Clotrimazole, ...  Read Full »

What is the cure for loose motions?
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from loose motions since last three days. I have visited a doctor. He advised me Oflox 200, Entroquinol and Deulac forte for three days. I have taken the medicines as prescribed until today but even then they have not reduced. I am traveling, so it is difficult for me. ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since there is no response, you need to change the medicines. You should have Oflox OZ (Ofloxacin and Ornidazole) 200 mg or 500 mg twice a day for five days along with tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg before breakfast for five days. Also, for symptomatic relief, you should ...  Read Full »

Why am I vomiting after having food?
Query: Hi doctor, I am vomiting after eating for the last six days. What to do? I visited my doctor and he prescribed me tablets and gave injection also. I feel weak and my temperature is quite high.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. This could be a stomach infection. I would suggest in such case an antibiotic containing Ofloxacin and Ornidazole along with anti-emetic like Ondansetron. Also, I suggest to add up a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone along. Take soft an...  Read Full »

Can Terbinaforce plus be used for vaginal infection?
Query: Hello doctor,Can Terbinaforce plus cream be used for a vaginal infection? I have itching after periods. Please guide.  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not use Terbinaforce plus cream anywhere on the body. Do not even think of using it on your genitals. Terbinaforce plus cream (Clobetasol Topical, Ofloxacin Topical, Ornidazole Topical and Terbinafine Topical) has a potent steroid in it. They would further...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to take antibiotics to cure wisdom tooth infection?
Query: Hello doctor, My wisdom tooth may be infected, the side of my face is numb and swollen. Are antibiotics necessary for its cure?  Read Full »
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern. As per your history, it seems to me that you are having acute pericoronitis. You need to take antibiotics like tablet Nigox OZ (Ofloxacin and Ornidazole) twice a day for five days. Tablet Lyser D (Diclofe...  Read Full »

My 6 year old son is vomiting and has a stomach ache. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, My 6 year old boy is suffering from stomach ache. He vomited 2 to 3 times already. He had mangoes yesterday, and today he is having yellow vomiting. I gave him Ondansetron syrup and Cyclopam. The vomiting has stopped now, but he still has the stomach pain. The stomach pain is so seve...  Read Full »
Dr. M.l.kothari
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your child is suffering from gastroenteritis. I suggest you try giving him the following: Continue Ondansetron syrup, one teaspoonful thrice a day. Cyclopam (Paracetamol and Dicyclomine) syrup, one teaspoonful thrice a day. Syrup Zenflox OZ (Ofloxacin and Ornidazole), ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Ornidazole? We have medical experts to help you right away.