Orthodontic Treatment

Related Terms: Dental Braces, Improperly Aligned Teeth, Teeth Alignment, Wire Braces, Crowded Teeth, Dental Scaling, Dental Veneer

Is it necessary to get teeth extracted for orthodontic treatment?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 and currently have all teeth (except wisdom teeth) and braces for 10 months. My teeth are straight at this point but a few very small misalignments that will easily be fixed soon. I have an impacted tooth above my right-side second pre molar on my top row of teeth that is faci...  Read Full »
Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Actually, by book, this is the only way the Orthodontist can make your face look symmetrical. Ideally, only four teeth are extracted as described by your dentist on each side of the jaw in crowded teeth but unfortunately, your fifth one is impacted so it has to go too. ...  Read Full »

Good and Bad Regarding Orthodontic Treatment
Article Overview: This article emphasizes that -- orthodontic treatment is not for everyone who consults a dentist, but for patients who are in real need of it  Read Article »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Orthodontist

An orthodontic treatment (wire braces) is a dental treatment done for a patient to get an aesthetic facial apperance while maintaining the intraoral gum health. Presently we are witnessing numerous patients who after completing the treatment complain of periodontitis (gum problem in which loosening ...  Read Article »

I need a second opinion about my orthodontic treatment.
Query: Hi doctor, I am currently having Damon braces for almost a year. I have attached a picture. What do you think about my teeth position, especially, my canine? I think it looks weird. What should be done by my dentist to make it look right?  Read Full »
Dr. Honey Arora
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Damon braces are a self-ligating system of dental braces and it implicates light forces over the teeth and lets the tooth movement occur in a short time and needs fewer adjustments. The image that you have sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity), does ...  Read Full »

I have started to get space between teeth after orthodontic treatment. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I had braces on my teeth when I was 15 years old. Now I am 24 and I can see a lot of gaps developing between my teeth. Should I put on braces again or is there any alternative option that I should choose?  Read Full »
Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You must not go for conventional orthodontic braces treatment for such gaps, instead, you should go for clear or invisible aligners orthodontic treatment for it. In it you do not have to get bracketing done but only an invisible tray will be given to wear that will clos...  Read Full »

My teeth have become overlapped after orthodontic treatment. What to do?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a complex case, as stated by my dentist. I had braces five years ago, but my teeth went back to their previous state, overlapped, like they were tightly fit into a small place, apparently because of the shape of my mouth. Also, I have fear from getting braces the second time, t...  Read Full »
Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can exactly tell you about your case on seeing radiographs and clinical pictures of teeth if you can provide. While, your query is telling me you had a relapse of orthodontic treatment. Now you have two options. 1. Go for invisible tray ortho treatment (in which invi...  Read Full »

The part of the tooth usually inside the gum, is visible out. Is it normal during orthodontic treatment?
Query: Hi doctor, My son has been having orthodontic treatment (upper and lower braces) for approximately 2.5 years. He is almost 16 years old now. For the last year, at least one of his bottom incisors has been lifting up and has caused a bump, and a part of the tooth that is usually below the gum line is...  Read Full »
Dr. Prerna Jain
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The bump that you see is the root portion of the tooth that is at a greater angle in relation to other teeth. Along with that, the gums will be inflamed and slightly receded. It is common to see this during treatment. It happens when teeth are irregularly placed, to beg...  Read Full »

The gap between the two front teeth is affecting my self confidence. Please help me to correct it.
Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. I have a gap between my two front teeth, and I am very conscious about it. I hate to smile, and I have a feeling like as if my teeth are at the center of attention wherever I am. I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks. I am always worrying about it.  Read Full »
Dr. Priyanga Kesavan
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You must undergo orthodontic treatment for a better smile. This is the right age to get orthodontic treatment. Please visit your nearby dentist and ask for treatment options. Your oral look is essential for having better communication with the people you meet. Get it do...  Read Full »

My teeth are crooked after using retainers only at night. Should I get braces again?
Query: Hello doctor, One of my teeth started moving backward as soon as I started wearing my retainer just at night. It got painful to put the retainer back in, and so I stopped wearing it. I am terrified of orthodontists and dentists, and so did not let my orthodontist know. Now, two of my teeth has move...  Read Full »
Dr. Prerna Jain
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To correct the relapse of orthodontic treatment, there are two options. It depends on how much tooth movement is required. If it is one or two teeth requiring 1 mm or less tooth movement, an active retainer can be given. If it is more teeth or a greater amount of...  Read Full »

What can be done to correct malaligned upper teeth with gaps?
Query: Hi doctor,My upper teeth are slightly malaligned and have gaps in them. I visited the dentist. After X-ray, he said braces will be used by the jaws and will be visible after that up to 3 mm.  Read Full »
Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your age is ideal for orthodontic treatment. If you will delay further then treatment will take more time for completion so it is better to start with it sooner. If you will be having a gummy smile and 3 mm of gum line will be visible after treatment, that is fine too. ...  Read Full »

Should I get Invisalign or retainer to correct space between my teeth?
Query: Hi doctor, I got braces off five years ago and hardly wore my retainer. I have a permanent retainer on two of my front teeth. Now, I have horrible overjet, spacing between canines and two front teeth and crowding on the bottom. Will I need braces? Or can I get Invisalign or even a better retainer? T...  Read Full »
Dr. Prerna Jain
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There seems to have been a significant relapse of orthodontic treatment in the post treatment phase, which is not possible to solve though retainers alone (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Retainers are passive and cannot provide much of tooth movement by ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Orthodontic Treatment? We have medical experts to help you right away.