Otomycosis

Related Terms: Ear Fungus, Ear Wax, Ear Pain, Ear Blockage, Ear Diseases, Fungal Infection In Ear, Otitis Media

Otomycosis/ Ear Fungus
Article Overview: Fungal infection of the ear called Otomycosis is a common condition that affecting the ear  Read Article »
Dr. Vaishali Mehta

Ear Fungus Ear fungus is caused by the fungus Aspergillus/ Candida. This condition is called Otomycosis. More commonly it is seen in tropical countries and hot and humid environment. The person with ear fungus will commonly present with a Ear Blockage, Ear Pain, Itching of the Ear and a Watery ear ...  Read Article »

There is otomycosis reinfection after surgical ear cleaning and tympanoplasty. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, My wife is suffering from Aspergillus otomycosis. She has had tympanoplasty surgery. She then had a surgical ear cleaning, removing the infected skin in her middle ear. This initially worked to remove the fungus, but now her ear seems to be infected again. I am not sure if it is a fungus...  Read Full »
Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In one of the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) sporangia seem to be there, but in the rest of the pictures, it is just wax. However, it is not likely to require debridement. It should go with the medications she is using.  Read Full »

What is the reason for tinnitus in my ear?
Query: Hello doctor, Recently, my ENT doctor suctioned a lot of fungus from my right ear and it fixed the problem. However, high pitched ear ringing continues to be a problem without any pain. It is more of a pulsating feeling and that synchronizes with my heart rate when I am in the prone position. My h...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from otomycosis also known as swimmer's ear. It is the fungal infection of the external ear. The symptoms include itching, ear discharge, ear pain, ear fullness, temporary hearing loss and tinnitus. Although most individuals will get immediate r...  Read Full »

Can ear fungal flakes be cured without medication?
Query: Hi doctor, I am having ear fungal flakes according to my doctor. I want to know how much time it will take to cure and what type of medication generally is prescribed in this condition? And this condition can be cured without medication?  Read Full »
Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda
ENT Otolaryngologist, Allergy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The condition you are describing is called otomycosis. This is a very curable condition in which topical antifungal drops have to be used along with the above medication. The mainstay of treatment is antibiotics, topical antifungal drops like Clotrin plus or Candibiotic...  Read Full »

Why do I have ear pain and black deposits coming from the ear?
Query: Hello doctor, I am facing ear pain since yesterday. My right ear alone is paining. When I tried cleaning with a earbud, the bud came out with a black colored deposit. What do I do?  Read Full »
Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After considering the facts of your query, it appears like you are suffering from either of these. Wax in the ear. Otomycosis (fungal infection of the ear). Treatment is different in both the above situations. I suggest taking Paracetamol 500 mg for pain relief....  Read Full »

How can I get rid of swimmer's ear?
Query: Hello doctor, I have swimmers ear and I do not know how to get rid of it and now my ears hurt extremely bad.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com If you have diffuse otitis externa then you must rule out malignant otitis externa. If you are immunocompromised or a diabetic you need to worry about the same. It will be prudent to get a culture sensitivity swab of the discharge from the ear whenever you have the condi...  Read Full »

Ear Pain - Causes, Diagnosis and Treatment
Article Overview: Ear pain varies from mild ache to extremely severe pain that may disturb the normal day-to-day activities. Read this article to know the cause behind your pain.  Read Article »
Dr. A.k.srivastava

Pain in the ear is one of the most common complaints. It is present in infectious, allergic and malignant diseases of the ear and related structures. Causes of Ear Pain: Few important diseases that cause ear pain are: Acute Perichondritis (swelling, redness and pain) of pinna of ear. Otomycosi ...  Read Article »

Ear Blockage - Causes and Diagnosis
Article Overview: Blockade of ear can be very disturbing. Read on to see its causes and treatments.  Read Article »
Dr. A.k.srivastava

Blockade of ear is a very common complaint. Since it’s onset is always sudden patients feel very uncomfortable. In resting phase our ear keeps on sending sound impulses to the brain and in this way everyone remains aware of the surrounding atmosphere. Any situation which decreases the mobility ...  Read Article »

Say 'NO' to Earbuds
Article Overview: Earbuds are made up of tightly rolled cotton. If you have a practice of cleaning your ears often with cotton buds, you must read this. This habit interferes with the normal self-cleaning mechanisms of the external ear canal. Cleaning induces wax formation, and the wax needs to be cleaned as the build-up interferes with hearing. And, this becomes a vicious cycle. The ear loses its capacity to self-clean.  Read Article »
Dr. Deepthi Maringanti

The skin of the ear canal is very thin, outer layers of which, are regularly shed just like skin elsewhere. This is done by slender hair-like structures called cilia present on the surface of the external ear canal. Usually, ear canals produce a clear fluid called earwax, which is washed out of ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Otomycosis? We have medical experts to help you right away.