Ovarian Cysts

Related Terms: Pcos, Hormonal Imbalance, Polycystic Ovarian Disease, Beta Hcg, Irregular Periods, Kalarchi Choornam, Pcod

Do ovarian cysts cause pain during pregnancy?
Query: Hello Doctor, I am 30 years old. I am currently 8 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I went for an ultrasound at 5 weeks and there was a gestational sac and a yolk sac. However, I also had a 2 cm luteal cyst on my right ovary and what looked like a hemorrhagic cyst of 3 cm on my left ovary. I asked about it...  Read Full »
Dr. Garima Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Both the cysts one of 2 cm and other of 3 cm, and one luteal cyst and one hemorrhagic cyst respectively are insignificant and has no concern with cancer at this size. On and off pain during pregnancy do happen but this cannot be ignored if it is very severe. You had y...  Read Full »

My wife's ovarian cyst biopsy was stated as borderline mucinous tumor. Does it mean cancer?
Query: Hello doctor,My wife is 34 years old. She delivered a baby this month. An ovarian cyst was diagnosed during her pregnancy, and the cyst was removed when she underwent C-section. On the biopsy, it was stated as a borderline mucinous tumor. Does it mean cancer?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Borderline tumor means, they are not non-malignant or benign or non-cancerous, but not cancerous too. All this need is follow up. There is nothing to worry. I would suggest you to take the slides from the laboratory and get a second opinion from any center, wher...  Read Full »

Can a right ovarian cyst cause pain in the left pelvic area?
Query: Hi doctor, I have polycystic ovary syndrome and my periods get delayed sometimes. From the past four days, I am having pain in my left pelvic area. I got an ultrasound done, and it shows 4.5 cm cyst in my right ovary. Why am I having pain on my left side when the cyst is on the right? Could this p...  Read Full »
Dr. Garima Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pain that you are experiencing is not due to the ovarian cyst, as the cyst is on the right side and pain is on the left side. This pain might be caused by an infection or any other pathology. So, I suggest you repeat an ultrasound of the pelvis if the pain is sever...  Read Full »

When do heterogeneous ovarian cysts occur, before or after ovulation?
Query: Hello doctor, I went to the ER a week ago for abdominal pain. A pregnancy test was performed and it was negative. An ultrasound scan was performed and they found two heterogeneous ovarian cysts, one on the right is 1.5 cm and the other on the left is 1.4 cm. There were multiple simple cysts. My endo...  Read Full »
Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, 1.5 cm and 1.4 cm are a very small size for a cyst. Because, in every cycle around ovulation one of your ovary makes around 3 cm follicle (cyst). In a sonography, if it looks clear without any shadow in the cyst, then it is homogeneous...  Read Full »

In case of ovarian cyst, will they remove the entire ovary?
Query: Hi doctor,A few months ago, I had an ultrasound for some cyst pain. A small growth was discovered on my ovary along with a large cyst as you can see from the documentation attached to this question. I am trying to do everything I can to avoid losing this ovary. My question is, after reviewing the a...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini Nanasaheb Talpe
Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hi, It looks like the right ovary is having a complex ovarian cyst. It could be malignant also (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please get alpha-fetoprotein AFP, HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) and CEA carcinoembryonic antigen. Depending upon the diagnosis you shoul...  Read Full »

Can Kalarchikai alone cure an ovarian cyst measuring 4 cm?
Query: Hi doctor, I am diagnosed with an ovarian cyst of 4 cm and advised for a laparoscopy. I do not want to go for that. Is Kalachikai enough for curing this? Is there anything else in ayurveda that can cure this? Please reply.  Read Full »
Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The ovarian cyst can manage naturally through ayurvedic medicines and yoga practices. Here is a big sized cyst. It can take some time to resolve. Only Kalachikai is not much enough. It needs other supportive medicines.  Read Full »

Can Kalarchikai cure multiple ovarian cysts in PCOD?
Query: Hello doctor, I have multiple small cysts in both ovaries (PCOS). Our family friend suggested me to consume Kalarchikai medicine, powdered mixed with pepper and honey to have it for one mandalam (48 days). I have completed nearly 44 days by consuming one small ball of the mixture every morning and ...  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. See Kalarachi Kai choornam is helpful in amenorrhea. As far as small cysts are concerned they are unmatured eggs which failed to induce menstrual cycle previously, as a result, they got collected in the ovary and they will remain in the ovary....  Read Full »

Is it necessary to get ovarian cyst operated?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a right ovarian cyst of 4 cm and left adnexal heterogeneous shadow of 6 cm. What is to be done? Is there anything to worry about? Does it require an operation on an urgent basis? I am unmarried but not virgin and have a regular conjugal life with a single partner. Do I need to ...  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Raosaheb Kohkade

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not an emergency as the right ovarian cyst is not more than 5 cm. You do a regular ultrasound to measure the cyst size. If it goes more than 5 cm that we have to operate it. There is no relationship of it with your relationship or virginity.  Read Full »

I was advised surgery for ovarian cyst. What are the side effects?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 23 years old. I have ovarian cyst for the last two years. I have taken medicine (Norgest) but no improvement. I have to do all the tests (blood test, CA125, MRI, ultrasound, thyroid, urine, etc. According to my last report (three months ago), my ovarian cyst size is 42.10*34.82*3...  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, you have a right hemorrhagic ovarian cyst, and paraovarian right sided cyst more than 5 cm which increased to this size in one year and surgery advised. This paraovarian cyst (hydatid of Morgagni) epithelium-lined fluid-filled cyst in adnexa adjac...  Read Full »

Please suggest natural ways to shrink an ovarian cyst.
Query: Hello doctor, I have a 6 cm cyst in my left ovary. From the last one week, I am taking Kalachi Kai as I read that it helps shrink the cyst. An 18 cm cyst was removed through a laparoscopic treatment two years ago. Please tell me how to get rid of the cyst as well as prevent new ones.  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query. For an ovarian cyst along with Kalachi Kai, start taking the following medicines: Tablet Kanchnar Guggul, two tablets twice a day with lukewarm water after food for four weeks. Do not swallow this tablet. First, chew it and then take lukewarm water. ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Ovarian Cysts? We have medical experts to help you right away.