Oxalate Stones

What do punctate calculi mean?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a CT scan today and two punctate stones were found in the mid-lower portion of my right kidney. I was advised they measured 1 to 2 mm. I currently have urologic issues of possible stricture near the tip of the penis. In addition, I have a lifelong urine flow issue wher...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. 1 to 2 mm stones in lower pole are very, very small in size. As far as treatment is concerned, they do not require any treatment like lithotripsy because they are very very small. Regarding precautions, you should ta...  Read Full »

Kidney Stones: Causes, Management and Prevention

Article Overview: One in every 20 people develop kidney stones at some point in their life. Here is an article to know about kidney stones, its management and prevention. Read Article »

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

What is a Kidney Stone? Kidney stones (renal calculi) are hard mineral deposits like calcium, oxalate and phosphorus that form inside the kidneys. They vary in size. A minute stone may pass on its own, causing little or no pain, while stones more than 3mm of size gets stuck in ureters and block the ... Read Article »

I have a 4 mm kidney stone but no pain. Should I do another CT scan?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old man, 280 lbs. I have a 4 mm kidney stone that I went to the ER for on 12th last month because of the pain. The CT scan said "A 3 x 4 mm calculus is present in the proximal left ureter at the level of L3. There is mild dilation of the proximal left ureter and renal pe...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. You have a tendency to form kidney stones repeatedly. It is something that you need to get evaluated once the treatment for the present condition is complete. Regarding your present problem, a 4 mm stone will be passed out spontaneously ...  Read Full »

I have a kidney stone just six months after a stone surgery. Can you suggest a cure?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 27 year old male. Six months back, I underwent a urinary bladder stone surgery. Now everything is fine. Today, I have done a general checkup for follow-up. A USG abdomen scan was done (scan copy attached). The radiologist said there are small calculi in the left and right kidneys...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Once a kidney stone forms, there is a high risk for recurrent formation. But, a surgery will be required if the size becomes significant to prevent spontaneous passage. I suggest j...  Read Full »

How to Prevent Kidney Stones?

Article Overview: This article discusses the ways to prevent the formation of kidney stones. Read Article »

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Urologist

A kidney stone is a common condition affecting individuals of all age groups. It is a recurring problem with approximately 50 % individuals experiencing a second episode. Though some people are prone to kidney stones, majority experience it because of their lifestyle.       ... Read Article »

Why is there pain in my lower left abdomen for past three months?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been feeling some pain in my lower left abdomen for past three months. The pain is not intense though, and it does not disrupt my daily activities, though it comes for a few minutes and then goes. I did an utrasound scan, no stone was found, the radiologists said it might be a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. Yes, it is possible that you may have a stone in the urinary system. Sometimes, stones get missed on ultrasound examination. I suggest you get plain CT scan (without contrast) of abdomen and pelvis region. It will 100 percent rule out the ston...  Read Full »

My feet and wrist are very sensitive to touch. Kindly help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 41 year old male with height 5 feet10 and weight 84 kg. I am having a health situation for the last two years where the top of my feet (the area covered under the shoe) gets very sensitive to touch. Even a touch of the cotton pajama feels irritating. My left hand (below where w...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhin Mohan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your uric acid is slightly increased. So, avoid red meat and recheck uric acid after three months. Most of your symptoms point to a neuropathy. So, you need to get a nerve conduction ...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.

Ask a Specialist Now

Get Expert advice/consultation in 3 steps
1
Describe your health issue
2
Upload documents
3
Pay consultation fee