Pain In Breast

Related Terms: Breast Feeding, Breast Cancer, Breast Milk, Breast Lump, Hormonal Imbalance, Chest Pain, Emergency Contraceptive Pill

I feel pain in breasts when they are pressed. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. Since a week or so, I am having pain in my breasts when they are pressed hard or pressed suddenly. Is it something to worry? What to do? I think once it was pressed too hard by my partner and so it started paining. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not think it is much to worry. As you said, when you suddenly compress the breast forcefully, there can be some tear in the breast fibers of the gland structures. Usually, breast is a loose soft structure which has no much support. Only the fibers keep giving it the...  Read Full »

What is the reason for having pain in breasts?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old, and I am not sexually active. I have pain in the breast on both sides. It got started before few days, and my left breast has got changed in texture close to my nipple. It is too sore. The breast pain is not constant. It happens when I wake up, when I run or when I pre...  Read Full »
Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are many possible causes for having breast pain. Hormonal fluctuations related to menstruation or pregnancy are often responsible for breast tenderness. Having some degree of swelling and tenderness just before a period is reasonable. The common causes of breast p...  Read Full »

Why do I have severe pain while breastfeeding?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having severe pain in breast while breastfeeding. The pain is present only in the right breast while feeding. My son is 24 days old and I had started feeding since day 3. From then, I have been suffering from this pain. Though it is painful, I am still feeding him. Please advic...  Read Full »
Dr. Sabita Laskar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned the specific site where you get the pain. Is it in and around the nipple or is it deep inside? If the pain is in and around the nipple, then it is most likely due to faulty technique while feeding. These are the instructions for proper breastf...  Read Full »

Why do I have severe breast pain after every ovulation?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female, and my LMP was on 21st of last month. My periods usually last for five days, and I take Triolmezest 40 for hypertension. After every ovulation (10th day), I have severe breast pain till the periods start. I just have sore breasts and no other problems. I took Py...  Read Full »
Dr. Vidya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We need to do a breast examination and a breast scan to rule out any fibroadenoma. This generally causes pain in breasts especially nearing cycles. Consult a gynecologist or a surgeon personally for an examination. You may also try evening Primrose supplements to reduc...  Read Full »

Evaluation of Breast Problems That Women Can Do at Home
Article Overview: This is a patient information article about common breast diseases and how to evaluate it.  Read Article »
Dr. Rashi Verma

For females, an easy way to assess their breast problems is the need of the hour. A female should do a simple checkup at home. If they notice any change then they should bring it to the doctor's attention immediately. Symptoms: Majority of women who come to the surgical outpatient department compl ...  Read Article »

Why am I having pain from my breast to the armpit?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old female, who weighs 130 lbs and 5.3 feet tall. For about 12 days, I have had consistent pain in the outer side of my breast up through my armpit. I have a tingling and slightly numb feeling in my left arm. I did not injure it, as far as I am aware. It started suddenly...  Read Full »
Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to know few more details about your problem: Was there fever before starting of pain? Any local redness or raised temperature above the area of pain? Any history of lifting heavy weight or doing excessive gym workout before starting of pain? In these 12 days, is th...  Read Full »

Can breast pain and cramps after sexual contact mean pregnancy?
Query: Hello doctor, I have PCOS. I had my period a month back. My periods are mostly irregular and I usually have cramps in stomach and my breasts hurt before periods not every time though. I had oral sex with my fiance yesterday, he was wearing a condom throughout but he rubbed his genitals on my vagina...  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Since you have taken the emergency pill within 72 hours of intercourse, there is no chance of pregnancy. These symptoms could be because of hormonal changes due to the pill you have taken. So relax and do not worry. However, if you have a doubt then get back to me.For more ...  Read Full »

Is there a chance for pregnancy even if HPT was negative 2 days back?
Query: Hello doctor, It has been 27 days since I missed my periods. My last period was almost two months back. I was feeling sick and slight spotting was noticed for three days. I had breast pain for more than eight days, but now the pain has reduced. 19 days back doctor said follicle is observed. So, peri...  Read Full »
Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your problem. If follicles were observed 19 days back then you still have time for period to occur. Did you take any hormonal pills? If yes then breast pain and late period may be due to that. You should wait for another week. If still no periods and urine te...  Read Full »

For my 6 weeks old daughter, is it fine to add sugar to formula milk?
Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 6 weeks old. I am not able to breastfeed her properly due to pain in the breasts. I have expressed milk, but she is not taking that milk and even the formula milk. She wants direct breastfeed milk, and I tried adding some sugar in the formula milk, and she drank the milk. I als...  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is advisable to use a bottle with a nipple for feeding. Also, you can add honey instead of sugar to milk. It will make it sweet. All formula feeds have more or less the same taste, so there is no use changing formulas. Please give your expressed milk with bottle feed...  Read Full »

I have many lumps in breasts that are painful during periods. Are they fibroadenomas?
Query: Hello doctor, I have many lumps in both breasts for the last few years. All these lumps were diagnosed, and we got to know that these are fibroadenomas. But still, I am tensed. What diet should I take and how to proceed further with the treatment so that it does not turn into something worse? I have...  Read Full »
Dr. Roli Agarwal

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Fibroadenosis is a benign condition and it rarely worsens.It has relation with periods, and it is painful just before periods.There is nothing should be done about it until it affects your quality of life. I suggest you tablet Evion (Vitamin E) once daily for a month.For fu...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Pain In Breast? We have medical experts to help you right away.