Pain Killer

Related Terms: Ibuprofen, Diclofenac, Paracetamol, Headache, Toothache, Antibiotics, Physiotherapy

Other than painkiller, can you suggest some option for knee pain?
Query: Hi doctor, My mother has been suffering from knee OA. It is more on the left than the right. Her age is 54. She feels pain while walking and as a result of that she is unable to reduce weight. Currently, she is taking Jointace tablet, but there is no relief. Can you suggest some alternate option oth...  Read Full »
Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your mother's x-rays (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and there is definite degeneration in both her knee joints, which is also expected to happen at this age. As far as management, it will be better if I can know a few more details fr...  Read Full »

Please suggest some painkiller for my back pain.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old female, who is suffering from severe back pain. I am a teacher and have a 7 months old child. When I am at work, I have back pains at the end of the backbone, on the right side over the kidney. I got an ultrasound and an x-ray of the back. And I do not have any kidney s...  Read Full »
Dr. Shinas Hussain A P

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns The severe back pain that you have mentioned, suggests some spine related conditions probably IVDP (intervertebral disc prolapse), which might be aggravated by your posture and strain. You can try the ...  Read Full »

I have pain in my heels which did not get better with any painkiller. What to do?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old male. I have a pain in my heels from three to four months. I used a lot of painkillers like Ibuprofen, Voltral, Nims, Dicloran inj, Brexien, Movax, Muscoril, Rotec, Bonate, Carlex D, and Vitamin D inj. and Methicobal inj. etc, but the result is zero. I also try to w...  Read Full »
Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a condition in which the fascia or the tissue at the heel is inflamed, and pain is there especially in the morning after getting up from sleep. I suggest the following medications: Tablet Piroxicam (20 mg) one tablet after food for ten days. Tablet Rabep...  Read Full »

How to get rid of pain and swelling in the injected area?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old, and I was given a painkiller injection before seven days due to an extreme headache. Recently, I have noticed a swelling and a severe pain near the injected area (an area just below my hips). What can I do to get rid of it?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You had a painkiller injection in the gluteal region. The pain and swelling can be due to inflammation. You can apply an ice wrapped cloth frequently over it for one to two days. There is no need for taking any further medication as per my opinion. Kindly upload your po...  Read Full »

How long can I take Ibuprofen for pain from broken ribs?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 65 year old female, and I fell 10 days back and broke one or two ribs. The only thing that brings any relief is Ibuprofen 800 mg. I need to know how often and for how long can I take Ibuprofen? I tried Oxycodone 10 mg, but it does not work that well. Thank you.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, Ibuprofen is a strong painkiller, it should not often be taken, as it has many side effects like gastritis, liver and kidney damage. But in initial days of pain following rib fracture, pain is actually very severe. I suggest you try doing the following: Tramadol 50 ...  Read Full »

Why have I developed toothache after sinus operation?
Query: Hello doctor, I had a sinus operation last week but have developed a pain in a tooth that needs a root canal treatment. It is extremely painful. Is there anything that can be done?  Read Full »
Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Get an appointment as soon as possible. And take painkiller tablet Brufen 400 mg six hourly if you are having really severe pain, otherwise eight hourly like three times a day for three days. Do not lay down straight at bed at night. It aggravates the pain. Put some cus...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain in wisdom tooth with restricted mouth opening?
Query: Hello doctor, My lower right wisdom tooth is aching and am taking antibiotics but cannot open mouth all the way. It is too painful.  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should also start taking a muscle relaxant (Chlorzoxazone) with painkiller along with the antibiotic for a week. You will need a prescription for it. So, go back to your dentist. Do not delay for long else swelling might increase rapidly. Also, use warm salt wate...  Read Full »

Have I taken adequate dose of Advil for toothache?
Query: Hello doctor, Recently I have been experiencing severe tooth pain and cannot reach a dentist at the moment. Due to the pain, I have been taking Advil. Yesterday I took three Advil, two at once and then waited eight hours to take one more. Today I have taken two Advil every eight hours for a total o...  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurav Pandey
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In an emergency, if you have severe pain and take some painkiller then it is fine for temporary relief. But you should not take it as you have taken. If there is an infection causing your dental pain then your painkiller gives only symptomatic relief, but your dental...  Read Full »

What You Should Know About Headaches?
Article Overview: Do you suffer from headaches that disturbs your life, work, studies and relationships? Do you keep popping pain killers to get relieved? Ever wondered if your headache is easily treatable? Read this article to know the answers.  Read Article »
General Medicine Physician

Headache is a common reason for patients to seek medical attention. We see so many online queries on headache. If you are suffering from headaches, read this article because, understanding your problem can help you solving it. There are many causes of headache, and if correctly diagnosed and tre ...  Read Article »

Is Prednicort a good medicine for arthritis pain?
Query: Hello doctor,I want an opinion for my mother. My mother has been feeling arthritis pain since last few years. Recently, I have read somewhere about a medicine name Prednicort (5 mg) which is specially used for asthma disease. But, I have read that this medicine is also helpful for arthritis pain. Is...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Prednicort (Prednisolone) is a steroid which is good as an anti-inflammatory and painkiller in arthritis but has very serious adverse effects in the long term such as osteoporosis, gastritis, hypertension, and elevated blood sugar levels. Is she diagnosed with rheum...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Pain Killer? We have medical experts to help you right away.