Pain While Urinating

Related Terms: Urinary Tract Infection, Uti, Burning Sensation During Urination, Urine Analysis, Urine Culture, Foreskin, Frequent Urination

I had pain while urinating after unprotected sex. Am I having HIV?
Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex four months back and after a week I got pain while urinating and greenish fluid came out of the penis. The doctor gave me Doxycycline. Now I checked for HIV. The last test method was HIV 1 and 2 screening test, serum, and HIV 1 and p24 combo. Can I now be relaxed...  Read Full »
Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, the negative results of these test (attachment removed to protect patient identity) on repeat after four months indicates that you are not infected with HIV. Nowadays, fourth generation tests are able to pick up the antibody if you are infected with HIV. HIV if neg...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have vaginal pain while urinating along with stomach and back pain?
Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in the inside of my vagina when I pee and lower back and stomach pain that comes and goes. Is this normal?  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be sexually transmitted infection or pelvic infection. Have high vaginal swab urinalysis, urine culture. Strict hygiene. Soft comfortable undergarments. Use condoms to avoid sexually transmitted infection. Avoid cosmetics locally, just use a soft razor for hair...  Read Full »

I get abdominal pain while urinating, and my urine shows RBC. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, From the last two years, I have some problems. At an interval of 2 to 3 months, I sometimes get lower abdominal pain while urinating. A few months back, the pain was terrible for two days. I consulted my doctor, and he advised me some medications. He told that it is a case of cystiti...  Read Full »
Dr. Pratik Patil
General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, your reports show plenty of RBCs (red blood cells) in urine, which signifies infection. It could be secondary to renal calculi lodged somewhere up in the kidneys or ureter. It might be so ...  Read Full »

What could cause pain while urinating and also when bladder is full?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. For the past two months, I have been experiencing pain while urinating and I also have pain when my bladder is full. I had taken a urine test and the test said I had an infection for which I was given antibiotics. The pain has come down, but a mild pain is still p...  Read Full »
Dr. Saurabh S Pandya
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usual causes of such symptoms include urinary tract infection (UTI) or urinary stones (renal stones). When routine tests turn out to be normal, a frequency volume diary may be made. Next would be a urine flow test and a sonography for residual urine volume. If these ar...  Read Full »

How to overcome pain while urinating?
Query: Hi doctor, I am not sure exactly when I started having a split stream urination problem, but I really worried about it recently. I mean, it never really used to bother me besides the occasional mess and I used to think it was more a result of tight underwear or something. My urine basically splits...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivekanandan G
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Splaying of urinary stream does not always mean a problem, but is important to rule out significant urinary tract pathology like urethral stricture, bladder neck dyssynergia, etc. As an initial evaluation, you can get an ultrasound KUB (kidney, ureters and urinary bladder...  Read Full »

I have swelling in foreskin and pain while urinating. Is it balanitis?
Query: Hi doctor, I think I might have balanitis. Slight swelling in my foreskin and lot of pain while urinating also there. Redness and itchiness along with slight ulcers on the foreskin. Kindly prescribe.  Read Full »
Dr. Yeshwanth Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you upload the pictures? Any history of diabetes? Any whitish slough over the penis? For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

What medicines to take for chest pain while urinating?
Query: Hello doctor, My father aged 78 years is suffering from heart artery blockage with COPD. He underwent an angiogram, ECG, and related blood tests. Currently, he is taking the following medications for the last six months as per the doctor's advise. Nitrocontin 6.4 mg two times. Concor Cor 2.5 mg...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Pillai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Medication wise, your father is on the maximum dosage. You could also try adding Flavedon MR (Trimetazidine) 35 twice a day. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicine with their consent. But, I strongly feel after going th...  Read Full »

Will my gallbladder polyps turn cancerous?
Query: Hello doctor, I got my abdominal ultrasound done due to pain while urinating. In the ultrasound, it showed as 'gallbladder polyps'. I checked online and it said it can lead to cancer. I am very scared. I am uploading pictures.  Read Full »
Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is nothing to worry about gallbladder polyps. I have seen the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These are small non-problematic thickenings of the gallbladder wall. Pain while urinating is not due to gallbladder polyps. Since you are having...  Read Full »

Could CT scan miss appendicitis?
Query: Hi doctor, I was in an emergency last night because of 48 hours of pain that moved to my right lower abdomen. Also, I am not eating, and I have severe diarrhea if I do. They said my white blood cells were a bit elevated. The CT scan without contrast did not show an inflamed appendix. Now it is the...  Read Full »
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.CT scan could not miss a case of appendicitis unless the medical personnel who viewed the CT scan were not qualified enough for correct interpretation of the scan.However, the other causes of right lower abdomen pain may be any one of the following. It could be due to irrit...  Read Full »

Does rashes on penis mean sexually transmitted disease?
Query: Hello doctor, For the past two months, I have been experiencing a minor rash on the crown of my penis. I have have been using antibacterial cream since then but it does not seem to recover. The rash occurred a month after I had an unprotected sex. No itch, no discharge, no pain while urinating or a...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your clinical pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), genitals look normal clinically, skin is little dry, I do not see any rash, blister or ulcer which are the manifestation of STD. In the first picture, those white tiny bumps below the glans (...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Pain While Urinating? We have medical experts to help you right away.