Pancreatitis

Related Terms: Acute Pancreatitis, Chronic Pancreatitis, Constipation, Diarrhea, Endoscopy, Gastritis, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease

I developed pancreatitis. Do i have chronic pancreatitis ?
Query: Hello Doctor, I developed pancreatic disease. I have been worsening the condition by taking the triggers (heavy food and alcohol). Last April and July I could manage with a strict diet to bring the inflammation and enzyme levels down. I am maintaining a low fat diet and I have reduced the amount ...  Read Full »
Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and investigations.You are hypertensive, under medication for the same. You are also under medication for anxiety, gastritis and reflux.You are having acute attacks of pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas). If you continue taking...  Read Full »

Can my acute pancreatitis become chronic?
Query: Hello doctor, I had acute pancreatitis three weeks ago (probably due to too many drinks on a Saturday although I am not a big drinker generally) and since then struggled with digestion. I am very worried as some of my stools are pale yellow and I have terrible fatigue. My blood tests are now all fin...  Read Full »
Dr. Datta Ram Udayagiri
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Generally, it takes time to recover after acute pancreatitis. I suggest you stop drinking alcohol, absolute cessation of alcohol. You are at a risk of developing repeated episodes of pancreatitis and chronic pancreatitis if you continue to drink. Please start enzyme...  Read Full »

Pain due to pancreatitis is unbearable. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor,My sister has been diagnosed with pancreatitis, portal vein thrombosis, and a blood clot in small intestines. Doctors cannot seem to pinpoint what is going on in her intestines/ abdomen. They have her on blood thinners. However, no clot will cause this much pain. Her pain is literally u...  Read Full »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She needs a CT scan along with a colonoscopy and upper GIT (gastrointestinal tract) endoscopy to detect the cause of her symptoms. For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician  Read Full »

Can Escitalopram cause acute pancreatitis?
Query: Hi doctor, My dad is suffering from acute pancreatitis. It started six days ago and he is getting better now but he used to take antidepressants like Escitalopram and Ezeepam and he has been taking these kinds of anxiety medicines from a long time but not continuously but from last six months the u...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your query and can understand your concerns. The patient cannot stop the medications at his own. It is always best to inform the treating physician before thinking of changing or stopping medications. There is a specific protocol to taper off Escitalopra...  Read Full »

Is there any treatment for chronic pancreatitis with calcium build-up in the pancreatic duct?
Query: Hello doctor, My wife had pancreatitis, and now she has scarring and calcium buildup in her pancreatic duct. According to her doctor, there is nothing to be done, and she has to live on a liquid diet. I am looking for a second opinion because I do not want her to die from this. Any help is appreciat...  Read Full »
Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the description, she is suffering from chronic pancreatitis. In this, a persistent inflammation develops in the pancreas. Over time, the inflammation causes scarring and damage to parts of the pancreas. This can then lead to enzymes and insulin deficiency. The...  Read Full »

Ultrasound shows flushed out kidney stones. Why is burning still there?
Query: Hello doctor, I had UTI and kidney stones earlier. My ultrasound states that my pancreas are normal in size and echotexture and the kidney stones have been flushed out, but there is infrequent burning. Can you shed more light on the latter part (echotexture)? Currently, I am on ayurvedic medicines ...  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This ultrasound is normal (pancreatitis, spleen and kidneys) (attachment removed to protect patient identity) besides, there are the following findings: Fat accumulated in the liver, which means that the patient should avoid alcohol and lose some pounds. Some pol...  Read Full »

Eating fatty foods give me severe stomach cramps. What could be the reason?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old female. What could be the cause of a severe stomach pain that happens after eating nuts, seeds, and things with oil in them? By oil, I mean even olive oil and not just greasy foods. This reaction has been happening for a year or so, and I have avoided these foods as ...  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Severe stomach pain and cramps can be caused by pancreatitis and food allergy. In your case, both are equally probable. Pancreatitis is a common cause of pain that occurs after the intake of oil-rich foods. Food allergy is a diagnosis of exclusion. I suggest the f...  Read Full »

How do I recover from excess saliva production?
Query: Hi doctor, My tongue produces lot of saliva. How do I recover from this problem? Sometimes, my saliva is dropping down in front me.  Read Full »
Dr. Baidya Nath Majhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The causes of hypersalivation include excessive starch intake, reflux disease, pancreatitis, liver disease, oral infections and decreased saliva clearance. So, before trying any medication try some lifestyle modification. If that did not help then you can use some...  Read Full »

What is the root cause of pancreas problem in a 17-year-old?
Query: Hello doctor, I herewith attach the medical reports of my son aged 17 years old who had pancreas problem. He does not have any bad habits. He is taking medicine as per doctors advise. Mild home food is being given. But still now and then he reports mild stomach pain. Kindly clarify the following: ...  Read Full »
Dr. Datta Ram Udayagiri
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand the anxiety you have regarding your son. He has pancreatitis. Is this the first time he is getting this? Does he take alcohol? Did he have any injury to the abdomen? Have you checked his serum triglycerides and calcium? Is he on any long-term medicatio...  Read Full »

Why is there severe pain below breast and surrounding backside?
Query: Hello doctor,My mother is 60 years old. Admitted to a nursing home for the past six days having severe pain just below the breast and surrounding the backside. Have done all tests like echo, TMT, USG, CT scan, and mammogram. Everything is fine. But still the pain persists. Without pushing injection...  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your concern, I would explain that her symptoms could be related to pancreatitis or a nerve pain. For this reason, I would recommend performing a cervicothoracic spine MRI and some blood lab tests as follows: Amylase and lipase plasma levels for pancreat...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Pancreatitis? We have medical experts to help you right away.