Panic Disorder

Related Terms: Anxiety, Panic Attack, Clonazepam, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Ssri, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy

Can Daxid and Stablon be taken together?
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from panic disorder and was prescribed Daxid 100, Qutipin 50, Stablon 12.5 (all one tablet per day). Can anyone take Daxid and Stablon simultaneously?  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the available description, it appears that you are confused with your drugs. Yes; you can take both Stablon (Tianeptine) and Daxid (Sertraline) at the same time. I want to know, are you having any other disorder other than panic disorder. Qutipin (Quetiapine) is no...  Read Full »

Best Treatment for Panic Disorder
Article Overview: In this article, I have discussed a case of panic disorder treated with CBT. Cognitive behavior therapy is based on altering your negative thoughts, emotions, and behaviors to positive ones.  Read Article »
Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

What Is Panic Disorder? Panic disorder is a condition characterized by extreme anxiety attacks which mimic heart attack symptoms such as rapid heartbeat, palpitation, heavy breathing, sweating, choking, etc. But, this is not due to any medical problem. It is completely a psychological issue and can ...  Read Article »

I have anxiety and panic disorder. Can I drink occasionally?
Query: Hi doctor, I have anxiety and panic disorder for the past five years, for which I was taking antidepressants. I have stopped taking antidepressants for more than eight months as I started feeling well. I drink alcohol occasionally. Is there any chance of anxiety disorder relapsing? Can I drink occas...  Read Full »
Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good that you do not have any symptoms even after stopping the medicines eight months back. There is always a chance that panic disorder and anxiety relapse. So you have to be careful and watchful that if any previous symptoms reappear or any new symptoms arise, ...  Read Full »

How to get treated for panic disorder?
Query: Hi doctor, I often get a feeling that my heart is going to stop. I have panic disorder also. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Sathya Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As dramatic as the panic disorders may seem, it also responds very well to medicines. The first thing we do need to check whether the diagnosis is indeed panic disorder. We also need to see if you have any associated phobias including anxiety in crowded areas or public...  Read Full »

I am suffering from severe health anxiety and panic disorder.please help me to stay calm.
Query: Hello doctor, I hope you can help me with my anxiety. I am a 35-year-old female who has severe health anxiety and panic disorder with agoraphobia. I have been doing good until this past month. Then, I got sick and had a fever. My heart rate was high during the time of fever. I became extremely an...  Read Full »
Dr. Ilir Sharka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I passed carefully through your medical history. Considering your clinical symptoms and performed medical test I would explain as follows: Your heart rate increase recently is defined by your condition of high body temperature and systemic inflammation response. Usu...  Read Full »

Will the medicines prescribed for anxiety affect my routine life?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old. I had panic attacks and anxiety for the last 1.5 years. It does not happen daily, but twice in a week. My BP and BPM will be increased due to palpitations, and I sweat a lot. Hence, I visited a psychiatrist yesterday. The psychiatrist has suggested me to take D Veniz 50...  Read Full »
Dr. Manjunadh M Nair
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Those drugs are for panic disorder. They are approved for these indications. They are safe. It will not affect your classes. If it causes any drowsiness (very unlikely), then you can consider reducing the night dose to half of the prescribed dosage. Please consult your sp...  Read Full »

Do I need a drug other than Clonazepam to control non-stop panic attacks?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been on Klonopin that is Clonazepam prescribed before 14 years for panic attacks and anxiety. I am currently on the 2 mg dosage and taking it four times a day. This is monitored every few months by my family doctor. For the past one week, I have noticed that I have been experienc...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Anxiety and panic disorders are serious disorders and tend to recur. Clonazepam is a benzodiazepine drug and have good efficacy in controlling the symptoms of anxiety. The drug can control panic symptoms effectively but is not the treatment ...  Read Full »

When I have anxiety, my heart rate jumps up. Should I make an appointment?
Query: Hello doctor,I have frequent recurring pains in my chest due to anxiety. I recently got a fitness watch and noticed that when I am experiencing this my heart rate goes way up. Normal for me is 65 to 70 when resting. When my chest starts hurting it has jumped as high as 135 to 140 when resting. Is th...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. From what you mentioned, most probably you have panic disorder (one of the anxiety disorders). Let me know some more details: Do you have changes in bowel habits, eating habits, or sleeping pattern? Do you live a stressful life? Do y...  Read Full »

What can be done to cure severe anxiety with nausea and panic attacks?
Query: Hello doctor, I have severe anxiety and struggling majorly with nausea, having multiple panic attacks a day and now stuck for leaving home. 10 years ago they tried Zoloft which worsened symptoms. Then went to Mirtazapine 45 mg and that helped for quite many years. Unfortunately, the last 12 months ...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Although Agomelatine (Valdoxan) is a good medication for treatment of anxiety and panic disorders, it is not the best option. Agomelatine is considered a weak agent and possibility of helping in severe anxiety and panic attacks are less when compare to traditional medic...  Read Full »

I am skeptical regarding the drugs prescribed to me. Kindly help.
Query: Hi doctor, I have a panic disorder and severe insomnia worsened by my anxiety. My doctor prescribed me Ambien 5 mg or Zolfresh 5 mg at night, Paxil-CR 12.5 mg at night, Etizolam 0.5 mg twice a day and Divalproex 500 mg once in a day. I also have suicidal ideations when I do not sleep well and gets p...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the query and understand your concerns. If your diagnosis is panic disorder, anxiety and major depressive disorder, then the prescription of Paxil CR (Paroxetine) and Etizolam is completely on the line of treatment and I do not feel anybody should rais...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Panic Disorder? We have medical experts to help you right away.