Pantoprazole

Related Terms: Domperidone, Gastritis, Acid Reflux, Gerd, Acidity, Diclofenac, Amoxicillin

Pantoprazole - Uses, Dosage and Side Effects

Article Overview: This article talks about the drug Pantoprazole commonly used in the treatment of ulcers, heartburn, and reflux.
Dr. Vasantha K S
Pharmacologist

Pantoprazole belongs to a group of drugs called proton-pump inhibitors (PPI), which prevent the secretion of stomach acid. They are used in the treatment of ulcers, heartburn, and reflux. By blocking the enzyme that produces acid, the acid production in the stomach is lowered, thus allowing the ulc ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My husband has had high cholesterol for some time in the past week. He has mentioned that his forearms feel like they tingle after which clammy hands follow. It happens suddenly and stays for a while then goes away. It is not constant. He does seem to have had intestinal blo...  Read Full »
Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your husband's tingling is most likely due to the long time effect of Topzole (Pantoprazole) which causes hypomagnesemia which is reduced magnesium in the blood which in turn causes tingling and also increases the chance of a heart attack. There is nothing to worry ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am on 40 mg Pantoprazole twice a day for GERD. I just took 50 mg Voltaren for a bad back and I am worried sick. I checked online and it said no drug interactions. I have not yet taken my nightly dose of Pantoprazole, should I not take it?  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. There are no drug interactions between Pantoprozole and Diclofenac (Voltaren). In fact, anyone who takes painkillers like Diclofenac has to take Pantoprazole to prevent Diclofenac-induced gastritis. So, relax and take the regular dose of Pa...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I had indigestion problems last month and I was given a Pan 40 injection in a 24/7 hospital in my locality. The moment I was given the injection, my body developed rashes, redness, and itching. My doctor immediately gave Avil injection after which rashes and redness subsided. Two days...  Read Full »
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but yes Pantoprazole allergy is a permanent condition that you will need to report to any doctor you visit before prescribing medications. Also, this allergy is nothing to worry about as long as you av...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My father is being treated for peptic ulcer, from the past 15 days. So, he is taking a medicine called as Pansec 40 mg, in the morning and evening. He has also developed slight kidney problems, and his creatinine has raised to 1.6. To rule out renal cancer, the doctor will perform ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pantoprazole belongs to a group of drugs called as proton pump inhibitors, and they are known to cause interstitial nephritis. However, they are not strongly blamed for causing so, but if you want to be on the safer side, it is advisable to switch from Pantoprazo...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with antral gastritis, lots of acid in stomach and reflux. Problems started after I took some medicines. Since then I am always hungry. I eat more than before the problem started, but still I feel hungry. I am also suffering from excessive hair loss. Why am I always hu...  Read Full »
Dr. Rajesh Kumar Padhan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For antral gastritis take tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg once daily before food for a month. It will control acidity and reflux. Excessive hunger is good for you as your weight is normal and it is also good for stomach. Just rule out diabetes by doing fasting blo...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have a stomach problem. It started with severe acidity and acid reflux. I get a bloated stomach by the end of the day. I have a runny stool in the morning and have flatulence. I have not seen any presence of blood in the stool. My doctor recently suggested the HP kit for pylori. I...  Read Full »
Dr. Parth R Goswami R Goswami

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For the acid reflux problem, you can take Pantoprazole 40 mg once daily for a week. You can restrict excess spicy foods in diet. Cooked oatmeal help in soothing the stomach. Curd can be included more in the diet. Gas forming foods should be restricted like cabbage,...  Read Full »

Query: Dear Doctor, Is GERD curable through medicines permanently? If yes, kindly prescribe the medicines. I have consulted many doctors and taken tablets, but after a few days it is troubling again. Please prescribe some permanent solution to this.  Read Full »
Dr. E Venkata Ramana
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease) can be treated effectively with medications like omeprazole, pantoprazole, and with combination of prokinetic drugs like domperidone. In addition to drugs, the modification of life style is important such as: Eating small quanti...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor. I had Pantocid HP after doctor advice and had loose motion 4-5 times. For stopping loose motion what shall I do? For past six days I am taking Pantocid HP kit. No problem except loose motion of about 5-6 times and some weakness. I am taking Bifilac HP one tablet daily and a vitamin caps...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Pantocid HP kit contains Pantoprazole, Amoxicillin and Clarithromycin and is used in the treatment of gastritis by Helicobacter pylori bacteria. Pantoprazole reduces acid secretion while the other ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I have consistent acid reflux when I wake up and until I go to sleep for about three weeks now. It is so bad now that I can not just eat. My mouth tastes to have a nice and yummy food. I get upper back and chest pains when I am lying down at night. I have been checked out by my cardiolo...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). I would advise you to take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone for the reflux. Also, you should take a soft and balanced diet. You should also put a pillow below your head when you sleep. Make a habit ...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Pantoprazole? We have medical experts to help you right away.