Parasitic Infection

Related Terms: Diarrhea, Fever, Complete Blood Count, Worm Infection, Albendazole, Higher Eosinophil Count, Headache

Is there any indication of parasitic infection in my brain MRI?
Query: Hello doctor, I would like to know if there appears to be any indication of a parasitic infection, specifically, cerebral sparganosis? I am waiting on getting the ELISA antibody test for sparganosis, and have been having worsening headaches and moving/squirming sensations in my head?  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cerebral sparganosis is a rare parasitic infection due to a parasite named spirometra mansoni and when there is a parasitic infestation of the brain tissues. There are particular features like small tunnels in the brain tissues, areas of edema, and in some cases the ...  Read Full »

Which medicines are used to treat parasitic infection?
Query: Hi Doctor, Which anthelmintic medicine would you recommend for a treatment for a possible parasitic infection (worm)? Is it Albendazole? If yes, for how many days? I do have some itchiness around my anus area and cannot get a doctor appointment here.  Read Full »
Dr. Rohit Jain

Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. It is important to find out which type of worm infection you are suffering from. There are hundreds of worms which enter the body and the treatment varies depending on the type of the worm. So, ideally you should get a stool routine/microscopy done. It is a simple te...  Read Full »

Why do I have the feeling of insect moving on the skin?
Query: Hello doctor, Other than a psychiatric condition such as delusional parasitosis, are there any known real pathogens that can produce the sensation of loads of tiny insects residing and moving upon the skin that can spread or move throughout the body and causing intense itch? If so please provide n...  Read Full »
Dr. Arun R Kaushik
Microbiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Certain parasitic infection can also cause itching. You can get an eosinophil count check to get the proper diagnosis. For further doubts consult a microbiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/microbiologist  Read Full »

What is the reason for increase in eosinophil count?
Query: Hi doctor,Yesterday I have given my blood sample for a random test. When reports came I got shocked. Is there any big health issue? Do I need to consult the doctor for this? See below lab report: RDW-CV 14.4 high 11.6-14.0 %, Eosinophils 9.1 high 1.0-6.0 %, Absolute eosinophil count 0.70 high 0.02-0...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding the eosinophils increase, it could be due to allergic condition or parasitic infection. So do you have any remarkable symptoms like for example coughing,sneezing, etc.? As for the elevated TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), it is subclinical hypothyroidism...  Read Full »

My son is active but his weight and height are of major concern. Kindly help.
Query: Hello doctor,My child is 3 years 1 month now. His birth weight is 2.7 kg. At the end of the first year, he was 7.5 kg. At the end of the second year, he was 9 kg. Now he is 11 kg. He is extremely active and thoughtful but his weight and height are our major concerns. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. From what you mentioned, your son is underweight. I suggest that you perform stool analysis in order to exclude any parasitic infection. Also, a hemoglobin test is required to exclude possible anemia. I suggest Dexorange syrup as a multiv...  Read Full »

I have attached my parents annual health check-up results. Is any medication required?
Query: Hi doctor, Please check the attached annual health check-up results of my parents and advise if any medications are required. They already take cholesterol and blood pressure medicines.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. All attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are normal, except reactive eosinophilia is present in your dad's report. Eosinophils are elevated in allergic conditions, certain skin disease, parasitic infection, etc. Is there any history of congest...  Read Full »

Can there be crawling sensation post penis surgery?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 year old bachelor. For the past one year, I have a feeling that something is crawling throughout my body. I am feeling this sensation after my penis frenulum surgery. It starts from penis glans and spreads across my whole body. Right now, I do not want any medication or treatme...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The feeling of insects crawling inside your body is mainly a psychological condition known as delirium. There are no tests or investigations to prove it. Rarely, it can be because of parasitic infection inside the skin, lungs and muscles. It can be treated by anti-helmint...  Read Full »

How can I protect myself from sunlight?
Query: Hi doctor, Two years back during my holidays, I developed a large rash over the whole of my legs. It was described as petechiae when I got back to my native. The infection had got into my blood stream and my white blood cell count was extremely high. It took some time for it to return to normal. I a...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The problem quoted by you as a petechia with blood stream infection and increased white blood cell count is broad in the sense it can include, Sepsis due to bacterial infection.  Viral hemorrhagic fever. Parasitic infections. Whatever might be the cause; infections are...  Read Full »

What is the reason for high monocyte and eosinophil?
Query: Hi doctor, My blood reports show high monocytes and eosinophils for over two years of span. I feel there is no energy, muscle spasms, splenomegaly, muscle pain, and malaise. I am seropositive RA. But, my CRP and ESR are normal most of the time.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Rheumatoid arthritis is one of the causes for high monocyte count and multisystemic involvement. Hence, treatment for that is nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and disease modifying drugs like Leflunomide, etc. The high eosinophil count causes include allergy, para...  Read Full »

For uncontrolled diabetes, is Glycomet-GP2 better than Glycomet-GP3?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a medical student doing my internship. My father has been suffering from fever since seven days up to 101 F. I have given him Ofloxacin 200 mg 2 times a day. But, the cause of the fever is unknown. All the blood reports are negative. He is a known diabetic since 20 years and his bloo...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your father is having continuous fever for seven days with negative blood reports then probably a detailed evaluation is required. Tablet Ofloxacin is a broad spectrum antibiotic against most bacterial infections and if his fever is not improving and blood culture ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Parasitic Infection? We have medical experts to help you right away.