Partial Exchange Transfusion

Related Terms: Jaundice, Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time, Blood Coagulation Disorder, C-section, Ffp, Fresh Frozen Plasma, Mefenamic Acid

Is Hb level of 22 normal in newborn?
Query: Hi doctor,This is regarding my friend's daughter. The baby is 7 days old. Initially, we were reported that the baby had jaundice. She was on phototherapy for two days and was declared normal. Now, her hemoglobin level is 22. Her father's Hb level is 17. Is hemoglobin level 22 normal in newborn? We a...  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, hemoglobin of 22 is definitely on the higher side. It can cause complications like hypoglycemia and sluggish blood flow to vital organs. A partial exchange transfusion is required in which a small amount of blood will be withdrawn from the baby and will be replace...  Read Full »

What causes continuous vaginal bleeding?
Query: Hello doctor, I am writing on behalf of my wife. She is facing continuous bleeding from vagina since seven days after post pregnancy bleeding. Here is the complete scenario. We blessed with a baby 38 days ago and it was a C-section delivery. 16 days back the bleeding had stopped completely. Everyth...  Read Full »
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your wife is having bleeding per vagina following one month of Cesarean section. This is termed postpartum hemorrhage and often creates an emergency. This could be caused by an infection of C-section wound commonly. But, as per your report (attachment removed to pro...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Partial Exchange Transfusion? We have medical experts to help you right away.