Pcod

Related Terms: Pcos, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Irregular Periods, Polycystic Ovarian Disease, Ovulation, Symptoms Of Pcos, Obesity

I have PCOD and took Meprate. Why have I not got my periods yet?
Query: Hi doctor, I had taken Meprate one month back and still have not got my periods. I have done home pregnancy test five times and beta hCG, all were negative. What can be the reason for my delay in periods? Plus my weight is 96 kg and I have PCOD and am obese. What can be the reason for delayed menst...  Read Full »
Dr. Monica Mathur

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. PCOD is a condition where ovary causes multiple cysts which makes menses irregular and obesity itself increases the condition. So, only Meprate will not solve the problem, you should get an LH and FSH test done and please send me your sonography report. Meanwhile, I wou...  Read Full »

Will my PCOD get cured with homeopathy treatment?
Query: Hello doctor, I have PCOD for about 15 years. I have all symptoms of pcod and irregular periods problem. I had one miscarriage 5 years ago due to cervical incompetence. I just started taking Kalarchi choornam for 48 days and facing some side effects. My body is developing heat and I have got some ...  Read Full »
Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kalarchi choornam can be continued for a minimum of 3 months and to a maximum of 6 months. The heat and pimples might be due to PCOD itself. Some people develop flatulence (gas trouble) due to Kalarchi choornam. This can be prevented by consuming the drug along with (or a...  Read Full »

I have PCOD from the last 10 years. Please suggest a permanent cure.
Query: Hello doctor,I am 25, married and sexually active. I suffered from PCOD for a while, took all sorts of allopathic and homeopathic medicines and when I got scanned two months ago, PCOD was not found. I thought this is the end of my problem but, still, my periods are irregular. Last time, I was la...  Read Full »
Dr. Sujata Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please note that PCOD is not diagnosed by ultrasound.Kindly get thyroid profile, serum androsterone test, serum prolactin, serum testosterone, free androgen index, serum insulin, and fasting blood sugar test done.Start doing six sets of Surya Namaskar every day.Follow ...  Read Full »

Suffering from PCOD and taking medicines, but still it has not reduced. Can you help ?
Query: Dear Doctor, I am a 29 year old female suffering from PCOD, taking medicines from past 1 year. But still it has not reduced. I was into Metformin and Folic acid. At the same time I have also taken medicines for conception (i.e, clomiphene). Follicar study has been conducted for four times and only ...  Read Full »
Dr. Richa Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Metformin is a very effective medicine in PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Disease) treatment. It reduces weight, increases sensitivity to insulin and decreases androgen level. All these effects are helpful in the treatment of PCOD. But as you say it is not effective in your ...  Read Full »

I have PCOD problem. How to find out the ovulation time?
Query: Hi doctor, I had a medical abortion before three months. I have PCOD problem. I took Ubiphene tablet in after three months from day 2 of my period. I took a follicular scan on day 10th, and I was found to have a cyst in my RO measuring 3.8 cm and two follicles in my LO measuring 1.0 cm and 0.8 cm. I...  Read Full »
Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have got PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease), it is very difficult to say the dominant follicle in your case. Usually, it is the dominant follicle that releases the ovum on day 14th of your cycle. As per your scan, it seems that all the things are not dominant follic...  Read Full »

I have PCOD. What to do?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having PCOD. Please advise.  Read Full »
Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Disease) is a very common condition nowadays. It is a treatable condition and will not affect your life much if the cysts are small in size. A lot depends on your lifestyle. Stress is a major factor. Eating healthy home cooked food and doing...  Read Full »

I am suffering from PCOD. Can I get pregnant naturally?
Query: Hi doctor, My height is 5'4", and my weight is 61 kilogram. My ovary is bulky with right ovary volume 11.5 cc and left ovary volume 11.2 cc. I am suffering from PCOD. I am under treatment for the past three months. Can I get pregnant naturally?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. PCOD is a polycystic ovarian disease which causes an increase in testosterone levels in women with androgenic features and multiple small cysts in the ovaries. It is one of the most common reasons for the irregular menses, especially oligomenorrhoea. You have to be plac...  Read Full »

PCOD with lighter periods. Can I conceive?
Query: Hello doctor, I have PCOD. My period is on the time but stays for 1 to 2 days and bleeding is very less. I am trying to conceive. The doctor gave me Dronis-30 and Rejumet tablet. My weight has also increased. Can I conceive? And two years ago the doctor gave me the Gardasil vaccine. I used Novelon t...  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, definitely you can get pregnant. PCOS is a condition which can be easily reverted by diet, exercise, yoga, lifestyle modifications, and physical fitness. Get started with Folic acid supplements. Continue taking the medication as prescribed by your doctor. Try durin...  Read Full »

I am on medication for PCOD. Do I need to take I-pill after unprotected sex?
Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex approximately 18 hours ago. I am worried if I should take I-pill. I am already taking medication for PCOD since one year. There has been some improvement and my period is due in a day or two. The medication that I am taking is Calcarea phosphorica 200 and Jonosia Ash...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you are a known case of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) there are chances that you may have delayed ovulation ad hence delayed menses. So, you must take an emergency contraceptive pill within 72 hours of last intercourse. Again you are on homeopathic medication whi...  Read Full »

What ayurvedic medicine can be taken for PCOD and weight gain due to thyroid?
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from thyroid and PCOD for the past four years. Currently using Thyronorm 37.5 mcg. I gained weight after getting a thyroid disorder. Please suggest any ayurvedic medicine.  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. Ayurvedic treatment is very helpful in these problems. There is a procedure named virechana in ayurveda which is medicated purgation therapy. It can be very useful for you. So, I advise you to visit a nearby ayurveda physician or a panchakarma...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Pcod? We have medical experts to help you right away.