Medical Advice on "Phenylephrine"

You can apply Anovate cream (Beclomethasone, Phenylephrine and Lignocaine) for three to five times a day. Remember, all the local acting cream has duration of action of four to six hours and need to be applied again. If pain is severe, then try oral medication like Dolo … View thread »

This looks like a viral rhinitis. I suggest you consider taking tab Sinarest (Caffeine, Chlorpheniramine, Paracetamol, and Phenylephrine) twice a day for three to five days. Take salt water gargles with warm water. Also, I would suggest you take three days of oral … View thread »

For infants with cough and cold, antibiotics are fine to give. As per AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics) guidelines, Sinarest (combination of Chlorpheniramine maleate, Phenylephrine hydrochloride, Sodium citrate and Menthol) and cough syrup are not indicated in this … View thread »

If it has just started now you can take antibiotics. I suggest you take tablet Azithromycin 500 mg once daily for four to five days and tablet Hicet DC (Cetirizine and Phenylephrine) one at night for three days. You can also take Xylomist (Xylometazoline) nasal … View thread »

It seems you have developed upper respiratory tract infection. I usually, after examination, advice the following to my patients: Tablet Moxikind CV 625 (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) twice daily for three days. Tablet Sinarest (Chlorpheniramine, Paracetamol, and … View thread »

You are having upper respiratory tract infection, that might be in the form of sinusitis, bronchitis, or rhinitis. I suggest you get the following tests done: Auscultation. CBC (complete blood count). Nose and ear examination by rhinoscopy and otoscopy. You will be given … View thread »

It is likely a viral infection of the throat and nose. At present, you should have betadine gargles four times a day and tablet Allegra (Fexofenadine) 120 mg once a day for three to four days for nasal congestion. For cough, you can have syrup Alex … View thread »

It is again an episode of upper respiratory tract infection. The prescription would be the same. You try first Azithromycin once a day for five days. If it does not respond, then I suggest Amoxicillin. Along with this, I suggest Betadine gargles and syrup Alex … View thread »

Your child seems very fine because he has got a good weight gain. Now, coming over to your problems, your child is suffering from simple viral infection because multiple systems are involved like the respiratory and gastrointestinal tract. To deal with the  … View thread »

You probably have pharyngitis. The ear pain is also due to pharyngeal infection causing Eustachian tube blockage. The coughing in the air-conditioned environment is due to dryness in the throat. Please send me the pictures of your throat, so that I can suggest you better … View thread »

Do you have a question on Phenylephrine? We have medical experts to help you right away.