Phenylephrine

Related Terms: Chlorpheniramine, Amoxicillin, Steam Inhalation, Viral Infection, Sinusitis, Nasal Congestion, Cough

External Hemorrhoid Relief
Query: Hi doctor, I am a software engineer. I got an external hemorrhoid for the past two days. There is no bleeding, but it is painful. Also, there is no constipation as such. Seven months back, it used to happen frequently and it used to go away on its own in a few days. I was exercising earlier and now ...  Read Full »
Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can apply Anovate cream (Beclomethasone, Phenylephrine and Lignocaine) for three to five times a day. Remember, all the local acting cream has duration of action of four to six hours and need to be applied again. If pain is severe, then try oral medication like Do...  Read Full »

What medicines can effectively treat cough and sneezing?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having cough and sneezing from yesterday. I went out in the night in cold weather. I am having sneezing and cough now. Please suggest me medicines.  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Sardar Narayankar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This looks like a viral rhinitis. I suggest you consider taking tab Sinarest (Caffeine, Chlorpheniramine, Paracetamol, and Phenylephrine) twice a day for three to five days. Take salt water gargles with warm water. Also, I would suggest you take three days of oral...  Read Full »

Can antibiotics be given to a 3.5 month old baby for cough?
Query: Hi doctor, My 3.5 month old baby is suffering from slight cold and cough for the past 15 days. The doctor suggested antibiotic syrup 3 ml twice daily. Xpect PD cough syrup 2.5 ml twice daily and Sinarest AF 10 drop twice daily. His weight is 7 kg now. When I am trying to give him cough syrup he is ...  Read Full »
Dr. Lalit Bansal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For infants with cough and cold, antibiotics are fine to give. As per AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics) guidelines, Sinarest (combination of Chlorpheniramine maleate, Phenylephrine hydrochloride, Sodium citrate, and Menthol) and cough syrup are not indicated in this...  Read Full »

Why do I have headache, cold, and running nose?
Query: Hi doctor, From yesterday I have a headache, cold, and running nose. Please help me.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are suggestive of acute upper respiratory tract infection. It can be a viral infection too. Symptomatic management is done with decongestant like Levocetirizine or Phenylephrine. Vitamin C is having antioxidant property so it can be prescribed as lozenges....  Read Full »

What can be given for cough in a 2-year-old baby?
Query: Hello doctor,My son is 2 years 10 months old. He has a viral infection. He did not have a cough initially, only fever, so the doctor advised Sinarest plus or Meftal P if fever persists. He recovered in one day but the next day again he started coughing and had the fever. I am giving him Meftal and S...  Read Full »
Dr. Deepak Patel
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. Sinarest syrup (Acetaminophen, Chlorpheniramine) is mainly used for cold and nasal discharge. In my opinion, Sinarest syrup should be stopped and cough syrup like Chericof (Phenylephrine, Dextromethorphan) 5 ml three times a day for three...  Read Full »

What medicines can help my bad throat?
Query: Hello doctor, I have had a bad throat maybe because of change in weather as I am traveling. It is like flu with a bad throat and with a blocked nose. Also, my spit is in green color now. Can I take antibiotics? Is it bacterial or viral? I m attaching a picture of my spit. Also, I am on Metformin fo...  Read Full »
Dr. Girish Subash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If it has just started now you can take antibiotics. I suggest you take tablet Azithromycin 500 mg once daily for four to five days and tablet Hicet DC (Cetirizine and Phenylephrine) one at night for three days. You can also take Xylomist (Xylometazoline) nasal dro...  Read Full »

Please suggest medicines for cold, fever and ear pain.
Query: Hello doctor,I have a cold from one week. Today, I experienced ear pain and a fever of 99.6.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems you have developed upper respiratory tract infection. I usually, after examination, advice the following to my patients: Tablet Moxikind CV 625 (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) twice daily for three days. Tablet Sinarest (Chlorpheniramine, Paracetamol, and P...  Read Full »

Does a fever of 97.9 in 2 month old baby require Crocin?
Query: Hello doctor, My two and a half month old son is having a cold and I am giving him T-minic medicine. I checked his temperature and it is 97.9 in his underarm. Should I give him Crocin or not? If yes, then what should be the dosage?  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No need of giving Crocin since temperature is below 100 F. If you need to give Crocin, please give Crocin syrup (100 mg/ml) 0.5 ml SOS if the temperature is above 100 F. Continue T-minic (Chlorpheniramine and Phenylephrine). If cold persists, please get the child eva...  Read Full »

Please suggest management of fever, cold, cough, sore throat, and body pain.
Query: Hello doctor, Fever, cold, cough, sore throat, body pain. Please suggest some medicine. For the past two days, it is there. It is for my husband and his age is 39.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your husband could have acute pharyngitis like infective cause. It could be a viral infection for which symptomatic management can be done. You can be prescribed Vitamin C 500 mg BD for five days. It is advisable to take Levocetirizine or Phenylephrine like decongest...  Read Full »

My baby suffers from cough the whole night. Should I give Levolin syrup?
Query: Hello doctor,My 26 months old baby suffers from cough the whole night. She has a cold as well but no fever or spasm of the chest. Should I go for Levolin syrup?  Read Full »
Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is better not to give it. It contains only Levosalbutamol which acts as a bronchodilator which is useful in bronchial asthma or bronchitis, etc. There is no mucolytic or antihistamine in it. It also causes palpitations and tremors. I suggest using Flucold syrup. ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Phenylephrine? We have medical experts to help you right away.