Medical Advice on "Phenylephrine"

You can apply Anovate cream (Beclomethasone, Phenylephrine and Lignocaine) for three to five times a day. Remember, all the local acting cream has duration of action of four to six hours and need to be applied again. If pain is severe, then try oral medication like Dolo … View thread »

For infants with cough and cold, antibiotics are fine to give. As per AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics) guidelines, Sinarest (combination of Chlorpheniramine maleate, Phenylephrine hydrochloride, Sodium citrate and Menthol) and cough syrup are not indicated in this … View thread »

You are having upper respiratory tract infection, that might be in the form of sinusitis, bronchitis, or rhinitis. I suggest you get the following tests done: Auscultation. CBC (complete blood count). Nose and ear examination by rhinoscopy and otoscopy. You will be given … View thread »

It is again an episode of upper respiratory tract infection. The prescription would be the same. You try first Azithromycin once a day for five days. If it does not respond, then I suggest Amoxicillin. Along with this, I suggest Betadine gargles and syrup Alex … View thread »

You probably have pharyngitis. The ear pain is also due to pharyngeal infection causing Eustachian tube blockage. The coughing in the air-conditioned environment is due to dryness in the throat. Please send me the pictures of your throat, so that I can suggest you better … View thread »

I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The growth is just an enlarged lymph node in the oral cavity. You also seem to have enlarged and infected tonsils. I suggest you take a course of antibiotics like Amoxyclav (Amoxycillin and … View thread »

According to the history provided and image provided, it is blood stained discharge with mucus. Hence, the possibility of acute sinusitis or rhinitis is present. Your workup should be done as follow. Rhinoscopy nose examination, PNS x-ray (paranasal sinus), CBC (complete … View thread »

This is common in children in this age group. Due to the seasonal variation, children of this age group are prone to get upper respiratory infections especially children who are bottle fed. You should only be worried if your child develops fever persistently or repeatedly … View thread »

I understand your problem. As you say you have radiating ear pain along with pressure around the ear and vertigo and tinnitus. There can be many reasons to this. Have you got any checkup done? If not I feel right away you will need the following investigations: Pure … View thread »

According to the history provided, it could be pharyngitis associated with upper respiratory tract infection.Your work up should be done as follows.Auscultation.Chest x-ray, only if auscultation doubtful.CBC with AEC (complete blood count with absolute eosinophil count).  … View thread »

Do you have a question on Phenylephrine? We have experts to help you right away.

Ask a Medical Gastroenterologist Now!