Physiotherapy

Related Terms: Strengthening Exercises, Diclofenac, Nerve Compression, Back Pain, Ice Pack, Mri Spine, Hot Fomentation

Query: Hello doctor, My mother has left side paralysis since three years. At the very instant she had it, we started physiotherapy. At that time, we also got an MRI of the brain done, reports of which I am attaching. In the report, it was mentioned that both the ICA are normal and we continued the physiot...  Read Full »
Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The neck doppler needs to be done to estimate the size of the stenosis. If it is more than 70 %, you will need to take her for a carotid endarterectomy procedure. Right now, I suggest the followi...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old woman in good health. 11 weeks ago, I gave birth through C-section, after a tough pregnancy with complete bed rest for seven months. Walk to the bathroom were the only exercise I got. After birth, I noticed that I was left with diastasis recti of about 2.5 cm width. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahavir Patil
Family Physician, General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, congratulations for delivering a beautiful baby. I have gone through your medical history in detail. Diastasis of 2.5 cm is considered a moderate degree of diastasis as far as our classification is considered. Diastasis is usually hard to heal up completely...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I had bilateral hip replacement surgery done recently. The right hip was replaced last month, and the left hip was replaced this month. Is it advisable to do physiotherapy now?  Read Full »
Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The day when a hip replacement is done, that day itself, other joint movements should be started as early as possible. First, non-weight-bearing physiotherapy should be done, followed by partial and full weight-bearing exercises. Non-weight bearing movements should be don...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from AVS for the last two months and have been suggested to undergo core decompression. But according to some physiotherapist, by seeing my MRI, it can be treated using some exercises as my femoral shape has not changed or collapsed. I cannot understand what should I do. I a...  Read Full »
Dr. Anuj Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Avascular necrosis is an irreversible disease. Once the process has started, it cannot be reverted. The rate of progress depends on person to person. The treatment depends on symptoms and quality of life. Initially, the patient experiences only pain and range of motion ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40 year old man. I have a foot pain which was diagnosed a few years ago as plantar fasciitis. I use shoes with special support, insoles, and cushion on the socks. I also have a pain in my right knee, especially on the inner side. I want to know if there are any exercises or st...  Read Full »
Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The protocol followed by you is good. You should follow that regularly for the next one month. For the plantar fasciitis, I suggest the following: Calf muscle stretching with wall support. Dorsiflexion of the foot with pressure applied by your hand. Hot water...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, After I fell from my bike, sometimes, I have a little pain in my shoulder. I feel my shoulder is loose. I got an MRI of the shoulder done, and I am attaching the reports. Can I try physiotherapy for the pain? Or do I need to get a surgery? Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The MRI film is more helpful than a report on its own. You reported a fall from the bike a few months ago, but you describe little as to what happened immediately after the injury. I nee...  Read Full »

Managing Sciatica Pain with Physiotherapy

Article Overview: Sciatica is a set of symptoms caused by the compression or irritation of the sciatic nerve, described as a shooting pain starting from the lower back and extending down the back of each leg. Various different conditions can cause this pain. The pain of sciatica is very distressing, often making it difficult to sit, stand, or walk. This article talks about the various causes of pain in the area and how they can be managed.
Dr. Omprakash Rohidas Naikwade
Physiotherapist

Sciatica pain is described as pain in the area of distribution of the sciatic nerve (that is, around the buttocks, the posterior thigh, the posterior lower-leg and also the feet) as a result of continuous irritation of the nerve. It is not a specific condition. The pain around the region of the nerv ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I met with an accident three months before and my left leg was injured. It includes tendon cut and multiple fractures. On the next day, the tendon was repaired through an operation. After 25 days all stitches had been removed and I got plaster on my left leg. And now, the plaster has been...  Read Full »
Dr. Lokesh Sharoff

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your injury was very bad and now it looks so much better. The photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows the skin and soft tissues have healed very well. The treatment given to you was very correct. Pain occurs in these type of injuries due to stiffness...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am 65 years old with weight 88 kg and height 5'10". I suffer from moderate hypertension and diabetes since last eight years but always in control of medicines. Last year I had undergone angiography as an age-based test and symptom of pain on starting walking short distance a few met...  Read Full »
Dr. Shivam Om Mittal

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.I appreciate your detailed history. The symptoms you have described are suggestive of neurogenic claudication due to the neuro-foraminal stenosis and disc bulges in the spine. If the pain is the prominent symptom, then conservative therapy should be done first. But if you h...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor,My question is regarding chronic testicular pain and the possible treatment options. For the past six months, I have experienced on and off bilateral discomfort in my testicles. It was uncomfortable but not too painful. It would go away for a couple of weeks before returning for a few ...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. Yes, you are suffering from chronic orchialgia. It is a part of chronic pelvic pain syndrome. Now regarding the pelvic exercises, if you are feeling better and your pain remains only 2 or 3, then I feel you should continue it at present along w...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Physiotherapy? We have medical experts to help you right away.