Plasma Glucose

Related Terms: Hba1c, Diabetes Mellitus, Blood Glucose Level, Diabetes, Hypoglycemia, Hydrochlorothiazide, Insulin

My heart is beating fast. Is it due to anxiety or any underlying problem?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. I have noticed that sometimes I wake up with my heart beating too fast and can feel my heart. This first happened when I woke up and took a look at my little child and thought my child was not breathing. That time my heart rate increased strongly. After this, sometimes ...  Read Full »
Dr. Prashant Valecha
Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please follow exercise and diet to reduce weight. Trivial MR - mitral regurgitation can progress and cause atrial fibrillation (irregular fast heart beat). So, for now check your thyroid functions (T3, T4 and TSH - thyroid-stimulating hormone), ECG (electrocardiogram...  Read Full »

How to Fight Hypoglycemia?
Article Overview: Hypoglycemia or low sugar is common in diabetic patients. It is very important for us to know how to encounter it when it happens. What is needed to be done in case of emergency is discussed in this article.  Read Article »
Dr. Pratap Vgm
Diabetologist

Hypoglycemia occurs when plasma glucose is lower than 70 mg/dl. There are three stages of hypoglycemia: Mild hypoglycemia - Symptoms like tingling sensation, dizziness, hunger, weakness, etc Severe hypoglycemia - Loss of consciousness Moderate hypoglycemia - Palpitation, tremors, confusion, di ...  Read Article »

Can diabetic medicine cause rise in creatinine level?
Query: Hello doctor, My aunt is 44 years old. Her reports are plasma glucose is 119 mg/dL, blood urea is 61 mg/dL and serum creatinine is 3.0 mg/dL. Doctor has told that, the medicine she has been taking for sugar is affecting her kidney. Please provide some advice. Thank you.  Read Full »
Dr. Ganesh Nagesh Mhetras
Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know whether your aunt is a long-standing diabetes patient. Diabetes mellitus is a condition where ones sugar level is higher than normal and need to take medicines to bring to normalcy. If she has been a long-standing diabetes patient kidneys can get ...  Read Full »

I am 11 weeks and 4 days pregnant. Are my blood sugar levels normal?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 11 weeks and 4 days pregnant. I have done glucose challenge test (GCT) one hour and the result was 174 and glucose challenge test (GCT) two hours was 174 with 82.5 grams glucose but fasting plasma glucose was 82, HbA1c 5.5 and estimated average blood glucose level was 111.15. But...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Let me start by saying that you are absolutely fine. Your endocrinologist has given you the right advice. Let me give you a few facts as per WHO and world standards: Glucose challenge test is done at 26 to 28 weeks only, by making you have 50 gm gl...  Read Full »

In case of myoglobinuria, should I worry about my kidneys?
Query: Hi doctor, High abdomen exercise resulted back and thigh stiffness and pain. For pain, I had heat application, but no medicines. It was bearable. I ate five to six mangoes at night. My urine and other things were normal. The next day, I had Diclofenac in the morning as muscles were more stiff at t...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivekanandan G
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry, nothing will happen to your kidneys. All you need to do is just check your creatinine and urine deposits. Even if there is myoglobinuria (muscle destruction result in the presence of myoglobin in urine), it usually settles with adequate hydrat...  Read Full »

I have stomach pain while eating and unintentional weight loss. Is it something serious?
Query: Hello doctor, I have had stomach issues for a long time and had the gallbladder removed around four years back. My stomach issues have gotten worse. Then, ten months back I had started getting this horrible burning sensation on the right side near ribs. The doctor thought it was my liver and did bl...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is likely to be hemangiomas only. I think your treating doctor is right. Ultrasound is a good investigation for hemangiomas and it definitely shows its presence and also suggested by CT scan. Now, regarding your doubts, firstly ultrasound is a very observer d...  Read Full »

Kindly explain the treatment looking at my father's blood report.
Query: Hi doctor, I would like to get a consultation regarding my father. His blood report showed hemoglobin (optical/impedance) 12.4 g%, platelet count (optical/impedance) 93 10^3/cubic mm, WBC count (optical/impedance) 3.6 10^3/cubic mm, packed cell volume (calculated) 36%, serum vitamin B 12 472 ng/L. P...  Read Full »
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows. There are mild anemia, low white blood cell count and low platelet count. All counts are considered adequate clinically, as they are near normal. It could be early features of megaloblastic anemia. As vitamin B12 levels are...  Read Full »

Please share your opinion about my CBC report.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old male. I would like to get your opinion on my CBC report. Shall I attach my report?  Read Full »
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do attach the report of the CBC (complete blood count). I will be able to comment further once I see it. Revert with the report to a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist  Read Full »

What is the reason for my long term skin disease in the thigh joint?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from skin disease in the thigh joint for long. I am using Mometasone, Terbinafine and PBF gel. Also, I had Ofloxacin and Levocetirizine for more than two months, but the situation is the same. What is this disease? Please advise any medicine or test in order to get c...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaunak Patel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Due to prolonged use of the creams, the original picture has been altered (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and a clear-cut diagnosis is difficult to establish. Going by the area and some other signs in all likelihood it seems a case of fungal infection. As...  Read Full »

I would like to get a proper diagnosis regarding my high hs-CRP.
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from iron depletion. My iron is low, but ferritin and hemoglobin are normal. My folic acid was 4 about a year ago. I took Folic acid tablets for two months and it is normal now. My vitamin D has improved after taking tablets. My vitamin B12 is also on lower side. I am mar...  Read Full »
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query and after going through your reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity), my opinion is as follows: C-reactive protein (CRP) levels are a bit high indicating mild inflammation. This value is suggestive of high cardiac risk. Your cholester...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Plasma Glucose? We have medical experts to help you right away.