Popping Sound

Related Terms: Arthroscopy, Headache, Tinnitus, Betadine, Constipation, Exercises, Jaw Pain

What causes popping sound while opening the jaw?
Query: Hi doctor, I got facial pain, headaches, popping sound while opening jaw, pressure and sometimes neck pain as well. I got patchy mucosal thickening of ethmoid sinuses from a CT scan. I have attached my dental x-ray. Are my symptoms due to sinuses? Or do I have TMD of right mandible? Most of my sympt...  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Menon
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since the symptoms you have mentioned are strongly suggestive of temperomandibular joint disorder (TMD), you will need an advice from an oral surgeon and a neurologist. Avoid chewing anything hard on the right side in the meantime. A popping sound heard is the commonest s...  Read Full »

Do pain and popping sound during jaw movements mean osteoarthritis?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old, 5 feet 11 inches tall and weight 79 kg. Vegetarian diet. Before two years, due to stomach disturbance and pain and some popup and cracker sound occurred in my knee joints. I visited the doctor and he suggested me for a laboratory test of liver function test and all ...  Read Full »
Dr. K Shanmuganandan
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through all the history details and reports. It shows mild osteoarthritis which is not reversible. But if you maintain your weight and exercise, it will halt. Please do quadriceps exercise for knees and for shoulder, bench press. Take a lot of fruits and vegetabl...  Read Full »

My son gets popping sound in knee. Does his MRI indicate any need for surgery?
Query: Hi doctor, My son aged 7 has a snapping sound from the left knee lately without complaining of any pain. He had an MRI done for his left knee. The MRI opinion is as follows: There is a discoid lateral meniscus, significant swelling of the posterior horn of the lateral meniscus and intrameniscal abno...  Read Full »
Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern regarding surgical management and also, because of the fact there is no pain. Surgical management is indicated in case of symptomatic discoid meniscus and a popping or snapping sound is an indication for surgery. It can be managed by arthrosco...  Read Full »

I could feel on and off cracking and popping noise around my jaw and wrist. Is this bad?
Query: Hello doctor, My jaw pops and cracks and it has been happening for like two years. It used to be worse but it comes and goes. Also, when I move my wrists, there is a cracking or popping noise. Sometimes, my wrist locks and I have to roll it to fix it. Is this bad? I am a female.  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fingers popping is common and not considered to be a cause for worry. It, however, must be remembered that you should avoid popping them. Jaw cracking is another condition that as long it is not painful it can be observed, but if you have pain in the areas just in fr...  Read Full »

Why has my finger become stiff after an injury?
Query: Hi doctor, A few months before, I got an injury on my finger. Now, my finger has become very stiff. When I try to straighten it, it is popping back. Also, it is very painful. What to do? Please help me.  Read Full »
Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you got an injury to your finger previously and now, you are having some issue with its movements. As per your symptoms, it could be subluxating out of the joint and then coming back as per the movements. For that, I will advise you to kindly ge...  Read Full »

What would you advise for clogging of ears and tinnitus after a flu?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 44 year old female, mother of 2, 165 cm tall and 75 kg weight. Two months ago, I fell ill with a bad flu (may have been also an acute viral infection) with high temp (39 degrees), probable inflammation in the sinuses, nose, and throat and sinuses pain. The first antibiotic (Klaci...  Read Full »
Dr. Subhadeep Karanjai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The clogging of ears and ringing sensation (tinnitus) are probably due to accumulation of fluid in your middle ear post eustachian tube blockage, as a result of the upper respiratory tract infection you had had previously, a condition known as serous otitis media. I ...  Read Full »

Why do I hear clicking sound only when I twist my knee?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old and a triathlete. 3 months ago, I suffered from knee pain. Doctor checked McMurray test, and Apley grind test result was negative. Only when I twist (rotate) my knee I hear some clicking or popping sound. I took MRI and the result was shown anterior torn of lateral...  Read Full »
Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for giving me an opportunity to assist you. It looks like you injured your knee three months ago during an athletic activity, and have been having some mechanical symptoms of clicking and popping since then. Since the knee pain has come down, it is likely tha...  Read Full »

What are the symptoms of anxiety?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old. Last month, I was experiencing some ringing sounds in my ears, with dizziness. It triggered my health anxiety. I convinced myself that I have MS. Now after a month, my dizziness is gone. But I have new symptoms like joints making crackling sounds (especially in my hips...  Read Full »
Dr. Koushik Mukherjee

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from generalized anxiety disorder. Your joint symptoms may occur due to vitamin D deficiency. I suggest you do a blood vitamin D level and a complete blood count. Multiple sclerosis does not happen with joint symptoms. It is a disease though commonly s...  Read Full »

My penis got bent during rough masturbation. What should I do?
Query: Hello doctor, Two months ago, I got my penis bent during rough masturbation. It is still bent a bit at the head and the shaft. During sex, I feel something is wrong. I also feel that my penis has become more flaccid and swollen. It feels a little bit larger and very soft. All these problems started ...  Read Full »
Dr. Devendra
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate that you have come up with the issue before wasting money, as many people do. Also, you have described your problem very clearly. I have seen the attached photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is not penile fracture from the history and...  Read Full »

Why is there clicking sound post pectoral implant surgery with liposuction?
Query: Hello doctor, I am about four days postoperative from pectoral implant surgery with liposuction. Recovery is going well. No fever or unusual swelling, etc. I have what I feel to be a normal pain. My only concern is that sometimes (not always and not with same movements) I hear what sounds like a gu...  Read Full »
Dr. Pavan N Murdeshwar
Cosmetologist, General Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What your surgeon has said is true. Few days postoperative may be until two weeks there will be slight crackling sound near and around the implant site. It is normal. The space created for the implant during surgery is what makes that sound. Nothing much to worry abo...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Popping Sound? We have medical experts to help you right away.