Positive Reinforcement

Related Terms: Depression, Negative Thoughts, Behavior Therapy, Breathing Exercises, Cognitive Therapy, Healthy Relationship, Meditation

How does an award impact one's career?
Query: Hi doctor, I am seeking insight from a psychological professional on how awards affect us. Why we give them? Why we deny them to others? And what impact it causes to the one who is receiving them or not has on one's career? Please explain both from the recipient or non-recipient perspective and fro...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The topic of effects of awards is complex. The awards act as positive reinforcement to any individual and thus the probability of repetition of behavior increases. If we consider it from a psychological point, then if an individual is given award then it acts as an ...  Read Full »

My 7 year old son has a desire to get married. How to deal with this?
Query: Hi doctor, My 7 year old son says that he wants to marry when he see girls. He has a desire to get married. Please tell me how to deal with him. I am worried about him as he is too young.  Read Full »
Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Some children show such desire whenever they see opposite sex person. With growing age, such desire will decrease. You can deal it by the following measures. Whenever he demands marriage, never say no, It encourages him. Just tell him, you will talk with girls family. En...  Read Full »

How to stop the lip sucking habit of my daughter?
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has been sucking her lip since her childhood. She is 14 years old. Now, her lip has become very swollen.  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to get an oral screen, custom-made for your daughter, which she has to wear continuously for three to four months duration. Oral screen can be made if you go to a dentist. The habit can be stopped only along with the will of the patient as she is already 14 years...  Read Full »

My daughter is hypersensitive to insult and criticism. How to make her feel confident?
Query: Hi doctor,My daughter is 13 years old. For the medical record, she is yet to experience menarche. She is intelligent, cheerful, very creative, bubbly and incredibly empathetic child. I believe she is the best thing ever happened to us. I have a concern about her. She is very sensitive and cries at t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She is at a tender age and in 15 to 25 years of age fixation of traits of personality occurs. Though any individual start developing specific features since birth, reshaping occurs whenever needed. Learning by doing, modeling, copying others, etc., also determine the d...  Read Full »

Are you addicted to tea/coffee? - Caffeine addiction and its implications
Article Overview: This article deals with caffeine addiction and its implications.It also deals in detail about symptoms and treatment of caffeine addiction.  Read Article »
Dr. Surabhi
General Medicine Physician

Use of caffeine rich food dates back to at-least 350 A.D. when the cultivation of tea started in China. Not only tea but consumption of Coffee also dates back to about middle of 17th century. Since then there has been no looking back and consumption of both tea and coffee has increased by leaps and ...  Read Article »

Is talking to myself in front of the mirror a symptom of schizophrenia?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. I am a healthy and happy person. I eat well and exercise well. I have a lot of friends, cool hobbies, etc. But, I have a weird habit. Whenever I am alone I talk to myself standing in front of the mirror. I imagine a lot. I think so many things like I am in an ...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query with keen interest and understand your concerns. From the available description, I do not think you have crossed the limit of sanity or you developed schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is altogether very different disorder where people have abnormal perc...  Read Full »

I always fantasize that my wife has an extramarital affair. How to overcome this?
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from a mental disease in which I always think that my wife will be in an extramarital affair and get back with her boyfriend. How can I overcome this situation? I masturbate when I think about it. In the past, I used to suffer from thoughts that all the girls cheat and ...  Read Full »
Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I completely understand that you feel concerned about negative thoughts coming in your mind related to your wife and girls in general. There might be negative experiences related to opposite gender which might have a negative influence on your mind and you have deve...  Read Full »

I feel so down and inferior to everyone. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I feel so down and inferior to everyone. While growing up, I got everything I wanted. I had the best childhood. I was not the most pleasant kid though. I was mean and I wish now I could change it. I thought I was the cool kid. In middle school, I was bullied without actually letting it ge...  Read Full »
Dr. Parth Singh
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is said that a child is a father of man. Ever wondered what does that even mean? It means what we are as an adult is the end result of our childhood experiences. Our desires, traumas, fears and impulses all are working with our unconscious mind. These are the basic dri...  Read Full »

While learning sports, I stress myself. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I have ADHD and I am currently on Vyvanse. I am a football player. I perform badly when I am under pressure. When I get a simple instruction, I feel like it as so tough. But, when I am practicing or alone, I can enjoy myself and play well. Even though I enjoy football and love the sport, ...  Read Full »
Dr. Padmapriya Chandran
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to get frustrated very easily. You are also unable to handle disappointments. Success and failure are two sides of the same coin. Take up a failure as a challenge and you will never get disappointed. Also, when you are impulsive your thinking is disorganized an...  Read Full »

How to cope with exam failure?
Query: Hello doctor, I failed around five times in CA final exam. My next exam is in a month time. I have not studied yet because I am so much depressed and demotivated. I am scared of failing this time also. My future is dark. Mentally, I am very much stressed which leads to the symptoms of high blood ...  Read Full »
Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Success and failure are part of life, but we should keep trying. When we are down only way is up. I know it is easier said than done but you have to keep trying, and persistence is the only key to success. Here are a few steps that can help you. Do meditation daily for...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Positive Reinforcement? We have medical experts to help you right away.